What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...gotta run to the store real quick today,somehow forgot some stuff,i swear it was on my list...i'm guessing my annoyance at the rude oblivious wallyworld shoppers reached the sudden onset tourette's stage...but can't have my morning coffee without milk...

otherwise just a regular garden day with a side of yardwork...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
y'all need to reread your man manual...at best you should soak dishes and leave them until the morning...so get some soothing wd-40 sprayed on yer whip marks from the pussy whip and man up!
Holy shit I use to be a perfectionist. When I meet my wife before I showed her my bedroom I said hold on I need to straighten it up. She told me about 6-7 months after that that she was terrified to show me her room. I asked her why and she said you went in your room picked a backpack up off the bed and put it in a chair. Then you straightened it up in the chair. After which you smoothed a wrinkle out on the bed where the backpack was. And your bedroom was perfecty.

Not like that anymore. But still have to clean things up from time to time when the OCD kicks in. I got like that in the Marines. If I was a little better than the guy next to me he got all the shit and not me. I worked with a few Chinese guys. Boy those guys would get worked up if the white guy outshined them. Nothing like a Chinese guy screaming at you that they cant beat you at anything. So it lead to a ingrained perfectionist attitude.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant:time to go play garden...got more of the yardwork done,went to the bike shop to pick up a refurbished bottom bracket,and a trip to wallyworld...
IPM day again,the only side task...seems to be working for the most part,i hardly see any leaf hoppers anymore,and the whiteflies are at least in control...tough to eliminate entirely in a perpetual set up...at least until winter...only in one space,but that's one too many...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
when i was in basic training, the DIs ripped a bunch of pages out and burned them, telling me "your future life will be much better without this trash. plus, you MIGHT survive basic training..." so far, they were prophetic beyond belief.
When I was in boot camp I told my DI's to fuck off on the first day. I got battalion level office hours on the first day. Hense why I tried to do better than the guy next to me. I did a lot of extra PT in boot camp.

When boot camp was over I thought to myself that is it. That was not as hard as people say. I thought it was kind of easy. But I had a very physical childhood. Don't regret any of it because I know what I am capable of. So many people are never tested to their limits and don't know what they can actually do.

Most people are pussies and wimp out before it really gets hard. Kind of like unc and bike riding. He has to shave a millionth of a pound here and there because he is a wimp.:moon::Bolt:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I am being to hard on Unc really. He needs to shave that weight off because he puts fifty pounds worth of stickers on his bike. And well lets face it Baby Yoda aint going to peddle his ass around himself.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the titanium parts are mostly because it has better vibration damping properties and thus a more comfortable ride...it's nice it weighs less,but shaving 100 grams off the weight of the bike doesn't matter when there's a 200lb dude riding it....the fancy derailleur cages and fancy ball bearings save more energy...
titanium water bottle cages are mostly because i think it's funny to shave 50 grams of weight off the bike,that's just silliness....or for matchy matchy purposes,that's important!

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
with all those miles fish pumps out id figured he be ripped
thighs.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...just a little more work to deal with on the front yard...i like to wait until it's hotter than satan's balls in a fur g-string before i start...otherwise off from the garden...
i was talking to one of the guys at the bike shop about jury duty...sounds like showing up on a bike will get me dismissed from the jury pool pretty quickly...so hopefully just the one trip down there...at least i'm off from the garden that day if i need to hang around...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
not like that guy,he gets paid to ride...and obviously a sprinter
but obviously compared to you bunch of noodle legs yes:D
I have some big legs. Climbing ladders all day plus running up the roof helps with that. I use to were Levi 501's. No fucking way I could get my leg threw those pant legs.

At one point I had 19.5 inch upper arms. I basically curled half bundles of shingles all day for 11-13 hours seven days a week when I had those arms. My arms are not that big anymore. I just moved that muscle to my face. Helps me talk shit all day.