What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
(y) got my custom anodized Grogu crank installed...

IMG_20221208_163344786.jpg
IMG_20221208_163356200.jpg

unfortunately the persistent creaking is back so i have to pull everything back apart and pull the bottom bracket out and get that cleaned and repacked...

and got my other Mone' back in action by putting the crank that was on the above bike back on

IMG_20221208_170957506.jpg

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
(y) got my custom anodized Grogu crank installed...

View attachment 18789907 View attachment 18789908

unfortunately the persistent creaking is back so i have to pull everything back apart and pull the bottom bracket out and get that cleaned and repacked...

and got my other Mone' back in action by putting the crank that was on the above bike back on

View attachment 18789909
I read a quote by George Washington on Ben Franklin's web page dated 1926 that said Grogu cranks are awesome especially if they have Baby Yoda. And then Abraham Lincoln said on the same site you can bank on that since it was posted on the internet and the net never lies.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...dunno what's up,i see unreg online every so often...

back to the garden today,probably more rooted cuts to get into cups today,probably the last batch as i have quite a few in cups already...gonna need to order a couple new leds soon and either get the 4x8 tent going or the two 4x4's...and get the led room flipped soon once i get this round of cloning done with and have space to take more cuts and get them rooted...
need to pull the crank on the el con today and swap in an older one and see if that's where the bloody creaking is coming from...and take the current bb to the shop to get the bearings repacked...looked online and a new one in the right color is out of stock,but if need be the shop should be able to get new bearings if it's not fixable with a repack...
the hanging plants should finally be dry enough to bin up,and starting the next group to come out on plain water tonight...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:good: think i tracked down the creaking problem on my el continente...swapped in an older bottom bracket and no more creaking...so off to the bike shop to get the newer one cleaned and repacked...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can't help but notice the small single sprocket on the back. What's that about? Speed or
if you know you know:)

single speed is hard to explain even to bike people...but here goes...makes you stronger,teaches you how to be efficient at pedaling,makes riding simple,nothing to break really...
most important,it makes you cooler

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
fish finger puppet...perfect for giving big dumb trucks the fishfinger

View attachment 18790214 View attachment 18790215
Speaking of big dumb trucks. I got my brake parts for my truck today. New drums, rotors, bearings, pads, shoes, spring kits, hardware kits, calipers, wheel cylinders, lock nuts, and grease caps. Going to maybe do them this week. Then I will look at getting a front suspension kit and change out all the bushings. tie rods, ball joints ect.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
always good to be able to do your own vehicle work...if i had to pay shop rates for all the bike stuff i do it would be quite expensive...of course all the tools cost $$$ and most only do one thing for one very specific part...
i need to clean my bike work area again,getting messy,nothing worse than wasting 10 minutes looking for a tool or part