What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
So today I got a text from my mother-in-law. It was my mug shots. I gave her a copy when I first started dating my wife. She wanted a picture because no one my wife's parents knew who I was, and they need a picture to show them who their daughter was dating.

Hell, I figured a set of mug shots from the Grand Traverse Jail would work. They loved it. They were beat nicks in the sixties drinking their wine and smoking the pot. A little shocked at first because their goody two shoes daughter would date someone who was arrested.
Grand Traverse has my mug shot as well. I probably wouldn’t use them however as I don’t think I looked too good having had my ass beat by the arresting officers the night prior.
Best part of that was in the arrest report it said, “it should be noted that during the scuffle, officer received a laceration on his thumb”
Now being that I was in handcuffs I’m not sure how I hurt his whittle tumb.

What are you putting in instead of dry wall? Are you gonna go with LEDs? Or sticking with tried and true HPS?
White metal roofing/pole barn steel. Contractor should be out today or tomorrow to discuss.
Got a quote on cooler panels from Diversified Panel Systems and it would have been north of 25 grand to do two 20x28x12 rooms with shipping.
Would prefer to go with HPS but with the crazy rebates our utility offers I could get LEDs for free.
But probably HPS.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
My charges were dropped so I requested my fingerprints and mug shots back. By law they have to give them to you. I was charged with disturbing the peace by a drunk driver that ran into me on purpose at 1030 am on a Monday. I am sure I was disturbing the peace lol. I was going to beat that guys ass. But his girlfriend called the cops. Good thing I threw my pipe back into the trunk before he the cop showed up.

That guy got a free ride to jail for 3rd offence drunk driving and filed a disturbing the peace charge against me. So I got a court appointed lawyer. The judge said I needed to show that I didn't make too much to get the lawyer. I gave him my budget and he was shocked I could live on that little. Got the lawyer and they dropped the charges.

But I was guilty as hell. I was livid. The guy I was driving with wouldn't drive with me again. Afraid he would get into some kind of trouble. He was kind of a pussy.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
So my alternator stopped working last night. Was kind of POed because I just put it in. Got the wires stripped to check the connections and went to disconnect the battery when I found a fried connecter going to the voltage regulator. I changed that out and the alternator started charging again. But like 30 seconds after that the starter started going off and wouldn't stop till I disconnected the battery.

Turns out that when I reconnected the wire back up to the voltage regulator it shorted across the regulator. Wrapped it in electrical tape and hooked up the battery. Problem solved. Lucky all I had to do was reseal the alternator wires. Glad I didn't rip the alternator off and take it to get tested. Was all done in 20-25 minutes. Lucky I was.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grand Traverse has my mug shot as well. I probably wouldn’t use them however as I don’t think I looked too good having had my ass beat by the arresting officers the night prior.
Best part of that was in the arrest report it said, “it should be noted that during the scuffle, officer received a laceration on his thumb”
Now being that I was in handcuffs I’m not sure how I hurt his whittle tumb.

White metal roofing/pole barn steel. Contractor should be out today or tomorrow to discuss.
Got a quote on cooler panels from Diversified Panel Systems and it would have been north of 25 grand to do two 20x28x12 rooms with shipping.
Would prefer to go with HPS but with the crazy rebates our utility offers I could get LEDs for free.
But probably HPS.
i'm guessing it's pricey,but there's that white food service paneling that's easily cleaned and very durable..i have no idea what it's brand name is though...also at the farm they got credits for insulating with sprayed foam which made it effectively very low cost...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...off to do laundry,then home to play bike for a few hours...got maybe an hour or so of trimming left to do,the chem-tini reeks,kinda bitchy to trim as some sugar leaves turned brown so having to dig them out,but adds up quick weight wise...

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
My charges were dropped so I requested my fingerprints and mug shots back. By law they have to give them to you. I was charged with disturbing the peace by a drunk driver that ran into me on purpose at 1030 am on a Monday. I am sure I was disturbing the peace lol. I was going to beat that guys ass. But his girlfriend called the cops. Good thing I threw my pipe back into the trunk before he the cop showed up.

That guy got a free ride to jail for 3rd offence drunk driving and filed a disturbing the peace charge against me. So I got a court appointed lawyer. The judge said I needed to show that I didn't make too much to get the lawyer. I gave him my budget and he was shocked I could live on that little. Got the lawyer and they dropped the charges.

But I was guilty as hell. I was livid. The guy I was driving with wouldn't drive with me again. Afraid he would get into some kind of trouble. He was kind of a pussy.
Mine was just a simple DWI/resisting arrest/assault on an officer.
Was not a good idea to ask the officer “What the fuck Chuck?”
Sad thing is I was driving fine until I had a tailgater on my ass so after a couple miles on N Long Lake rd I put on my turn signal and pulled off onto the shoulder to let them pass.
Apparently crossing the fog line is a no-no.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
I just googled “fog line” to make sure I was using the correct term and low and behold look at the first thing that popped up.
Son Of A bitch!!!
8147066C-5CF8-4FF4-BC78-6215AB5BA8DB.jpeg

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
And yeah unc you’re talking about the Duramax pvc panels and similar. Would be very pricey, much more than steel, but a better option if price is no concern.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
And yeah unc you’re talking about the Duramax pvc panels and similar. Would be very pricey, much more than steel, but a better option if price is no concern.
I lined my pole barn in white metal steel. Cost me $2 per lineal foot. Now it is $3.75 a foot. So $1.25 per square foot now. Up here anyway that is the cost.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
What is funny about it is that the wife had to use a pay phone to call the police. Dont see those around anymore.
Cops left my car on the side of the road and took my two buddies back into TC and dropped them at a gas station to fend for themselves.
Granted this was back in 92, there were no cabs or Uber or Lyft.
Hell there probably still aren’t any of those in TC.
After about an hour my buddies found some girls to take drive back to the cottage in Lake Ann.

Reactions: Gry

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Cops left my car on the side of the road and took my two buddies back into TC and dropped them at a gas station to fend for themselves.
Granted this was back in 92, there were no cabs or Uber or Lyft.
Hell there probably still aren’t any of those in TC.
After about an hour my buddies found some girls to take drive back to the cottage in Lake Ann.
Haha thats true. Mine happened in January of 93.