What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

armedoldhippy

Veteran
and yet they still allow them to graze cattle on public lands...and don't get me started on horses...those people suck,they insist on being able to ride along trails which ends up fucking them up badly and never lift a finger to do any trail work
"if" they are going to let folks graze cows on public land (which i think should be outlawed), they need to make them pay the same as if it was private property they are leasing. ANY "consumptive" use needs to be paid for. we've got assholes here that tear down gates on "no vehicular traffic" old logging roads, and the USFS won't even put them back up, lets them run wild. time to start scattering roofing nails again i guess. if they don't tear down the gate, they cut a new trail that goes around it. maybe stretch some wire across trails between trees every hundred yards or so...got an idiot uncle that thought "i'm gonna ride there, don't care what property owner likes" & built set of jumps so he could go over the fence. he got an impressive set of scratches on his helmet from the barbed wire that "mysteriously" appeared one weekend...he sold his trail bike.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
usually here in the west when you come across a gate you leave it like you found it and there's no problem...but some of the ranchers are real assholes about it and put locks on the gate in spite of it being virtually all public lands around town,and often with county maintained dirt roads so they have no right to restrict access...there's like 200,000 acres of national monument around town,but also quite a bit of designated wilderness area...the wilderness areas no bikes are allowed and yet there's still cattle being grazed,often at a loss as the fees don't even cover the cost associated with allowing cattle...it's sorta a messed up policy...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
🚵‍♂️🚲 had to go run errands instead of riding where i planned...went out of my way and got in another 20 miles....so over 8000 meters climbing and 800 kilometers distance for the month now...for the metric-ally impaired that's 26,000 feet and 511 miles so far

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There’s a guy who likes to do laps around the village he gets going really fast and it’s silent quick and speedy from behind when I’m walking my dog he whizz’s right past me With no notice it’s dangerous …at least the cars I can hear from a mile away approaching

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
🚵‍♂️🚲 had to go run errands instead of riding where i planned...went out of my way and got in another 20 miles....so over 8000 meters climbing and 800 kilometers distance for the month now...for the metric-ally impaired that's 26,000 feet and 511 miles so far

ever think of teaching a spinning class?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant::smokeit: just waiting for lights on so i can chop down some plants...and get the trays out so they can be cleaned...might even get sporty tomorrow night and pull the giant ass carbon filter down and change the outer filter dingus...gonna be a sneezy task...it's as dusty as yer mom's vagine😷
🤿

Akss

Switched over to the pure Michigan f3 about noon time today.. her sweet creamy spiciness has me lip smacking...
IMG_20230119_141718539.jpg
made pick up some new tea. This stuff a little to spicy...
IMG_20230128_194915543.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:smokeit: all done with that...tomorrow i need to whip out a quick 24 miles so i get in 100 for the week...plus i have a baby shower to go to of all things...
monday is pot washing day...bleh...

Reactions: zif

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...off to ride in a bit,of course there will be a head wind on the route i plan on riding,because of course,it's always a headwind...at least it's warm out again...and again tomorrow,which will make washing pots much easier...and trays,got two of those to scrub...and i'll need to take cuts...so a busy day tomorrow...
today, a nice easy non-climby bike ride and then the baby shower...i'll get to see many of my bike riding friends and one of my favorite doggos...and get my trimmer ready for this harvest...and the next three...
made it over 8000 meters of climbing yesterday,won't quite hit an everest this month,but not a bad start to the year...

Latest posts

Latest posts