What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
No power, 13 hours now. We had a lightning strike pretty close. Super humid here too, Akss. Only like 70 right now but 90% rh. I had to drag the generator out of the woods and up a flight of stairs to power the internet to bitch about it, lol! Got the a/c and YouTube going, along with this doobie, now we're not doing too bad:)

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
It is 69 here with 81% humidity. Much nicer than it has been. Plus there are big old dark grey clouds to block out the IR from the sun.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Power back on, I hope the girls are going to be alright. I'm amazed that it took 15 hours to restore power to five houses. What tipped me over is that they knew about it, and waited until today because there were so few affected. All of our shit thawed in the freezer, and we had no water. I seem to remember paying gigantic electric bills every month, what the fuck?!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers....you need to get on the electricity prime level,then they would get to you quicker...only an extra 1000 bucks a month! with free disney+!

i'm lucky,on the same grid as the main cop shop and fire station,city hall and a couple of hospitals so the power rarely goes down,and when it does it's back on quickly...

finally after waiting for almost 4 months my industry9 hydra hubs are on the way....should be here friday...a few days to get the wheels built then it's all alien sex toy noise!

the usual today,errands to run,garden chores to deal with...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
how many hours a week? will U lose your independence? my Ketamine Doc is getting into the legal Weed biz & he was asking me about genetics & wondering why I was not cultivating for a company? its all uncharted frontier here

dunno yet,but i would imagine it will take up a lot of time,they boosted the plant count to like 8000 plants,so even with automation there's gonna be a shit ton of work to do just keeping up with the paperwork...each plant will have to be tagged and tracked,and once harvested all the leaves and stems weighed and logged in...but it's unlikely i can get a micro license,and the penalties for getting caught now are much stiffer,and i wouldn't have to trim...

so a steady,legal paycheck versus very stiff penalties...plus i could have my garage back and another room in the house freed up

Akss

Looking at 85° 70 percent humidity not very nice when you have to come back on land..Time for some cold seltzer...

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
dunno yet,but i would imagine it will take up a lot of time,they boosted the plant count to like 8000 plants,so even with automation there's gonna be a shit ton of work to do just keeping up with the paperwork...each plant will have to be tagged and tracked,and once harvested all the leaves and stems weighed and logged in...but it's unlikely i can get a micro license,and the penalties for getting caught now are much stiffer,and i wouldn't have to trim...

so a steady,legal paycheck versus very stiff penalties...plus i could have my garage back and another room in the house freed up

I know what i would do. I can’t wait to hear Joe’s thoughts. 8000 plants yowzers. Negotiate a percentage of sales or production bonus and remember no plants against the wall. 4 100 light flower rooms?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know what i would do. I can’t wait to hear Joe’s thoughts. 8000 plants yowzers. Negotiate a percentage of sales or production bonus and remember no plants against the wall. 4 100 light flower rooms?

dunno about floor plans yet,need to actually get a building...i think the idea is for a combo indoor greenhouse/light dep setup,my buddy said something about 500 led lights...it sounds like the backers have plenty of dough,and already have 8 dispensaries...i would be happy with 40-50k per year depending on how much i have to work...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You will need help. No legal op can be done alone.. Way too many things that need paperwork. Dealing with the city is a job by itself.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You will need help. No legal op can be done alone.. Way too many things that need paperwork. Dealing with the city is a job by itself.

oh yeah,i would just be part of the team,and mostly just concerned with the plants themselves...there will be labor monkeys to do the actual work,and office people to deal with the paperwork...so more like a missing link between the monkeys and the managers

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dunno about floor plans yet,need to actually get a building...i think the idea is for a combo indoor greenhouse/light dep setup,my buddy said something about 500 led lights...it sounds like the backers have plenty of dough,and already have 8 dispensaries...i would be happy with 40-50k per year depending on how much i have to work...

Hmmmmmmm your position should be worth 25 to 30 bux an HR for an operation that size. It's a lot of work just keeping track of the plants and then ya gotta care for em. To do a proper finger pointing job you still need to look at every plant and make sure sop's are being followed a couple of times a week.
ALl the data entry that is required can be useful tools if ya stay on top of it but it's still a pain in the ass having to do all the weighing of wet, dry, trim and waist.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hmmmmmmm your position should be worth 25 to 30 bux an HR for an operation that size. It's a lot of work just keeping track of the plants and then ya gotta care for em. To do a proper finger pointing job you still need to look at every plant and make sure sop's are being followed a couple of times a week.
ALl the data entry that is required can be useful tools if ya stay on top of it but it's still a pain in the ass having to do all the weighing of wet, dry, trim and waist.

pretty much what i figured it would be like...i will basically be a clipboard with educated eyes with vast experience in every way things can fuck up since i've fucked up plants in every conceivable way at this point...and plus there's the ironic payback of all those years i spent goofing around doing my own thing and that suddenly turning into a friggin job i have to wear a goofy uniform for and pay taxes:biggrin:

Does sound appealing.

pretty much what i figured it would be like...i will basically be a clipboard with educated eyes with vast experience in every way things can fuck up since i've fucked up plants in every conceivable way at this point...and plus there's the ironic payback of all those years i spent goofing around doing my own thing and that suddenly turning into a friggin job i have to wear a goofy uniform for and pay taxes:biggrin:

:laughing:

job title: In-between monkey clipboard Guy
:gday: