What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Pressing rosin from that, however, I still do for a change or to impress my connoisseur friends. More of a mess and hassle for me to do it on the regular, as nobody buys any. 40-$50/g is far too rich for people's blood around here, so they just stop by and smoke mine for free. With friends like that, right?

Star- I like your idea much better, just have some paper or fungi. Leave your feet on the ground and your head in the clouds :) Drugs are much safer than actual high altitude situations.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL ^^^ @ O man

I'm pulling a Lester Beans today...

eating everything in sight , then taking a nap ...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We had hash oil back in the 70's. Its nothing like what it is today. All we used it for was to spear it on papers. Sometime we mixed in weed but it wouldn't burn well.

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

real,old school hash,made the traditional way....that's still my favorite...

yeah,sometimes when i go over to the house of one of the youngsters i hang out with i rarely get high because it's nothing but dabs usually,or even worse blunts....bleh...it's just not a good idea to do dabs and then get on a bike and ride in traffic...plus sitting around watching them all coughing their lungs out...just not appealing...

that said i do miss having a vape pen for long rides...especially since i can make my own rosin...

best think about getting moving here...been staying up late which means up late which mostly doesn't matter since it's not a million degrees out anymore so i can ride whenever,and i get back late so i skip lunch and just have dinner which is good since i need to shed the summer fat for riding season when ironically it would be useful to stay warm...

a little behind where i wanted to be with "training"...need to get a few things with the bikes fixed...that means dumping more money into them of course...soon for that...should be able to get the wednesday frame soon too...and order some grow room stuff...

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
We had hash oil back in the 70's. Its nothing like what it is today. All we used it for was to spear it on papers. Sometime we mixed in weed but it wouldn't burn well.

I remember that. Hash oil, and honey oil. (Ive ofter wondered how they made it back then) 15 to 20 bucks for a small vial. That was a lot of money back then. I liked both blonde and black hash. Blonde was 5 bucks, and black was 8 bucks a gram in 1973-1979. Mexican flower tops were about 15 bucks for a 5 finger lid. Gooey Columbian red couch lock weed was 40 an ounce, weighed on a triple beam scale. good coke was 100 a gram for top quality real stuff. My favorite was pineapple cola. It shined and smelled real pinapply. :biggrin:

Betterhaff

Veteran
Ah…hash/honey oil. A chem grad school friend was making it when I was in school (70’s). He would quick wash bud in lab grade ethanol then distill off the alcohol. Of course he had or had access to all the equipment. Sweet stuff.

I’m sure the quality of the bud, materials, and equipment had something to do with the quality of the end product…as well as his knowledge.

The youngsters of today wouldn’t being doing dabs of that stuff like they do with today’s stuff

Aspenou812

Veteran

Your making me feel old AF... I remember the little black vials with the sticky lids... In Atlanta at that time the good shit was Lebanese Hash Oil... LMFAO... Smudged on papers or in a Plastic Graffix or Tobacco Master bong... Glass Blowers were few and far between too so no good glass...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Lol, I still use the trusty Ohaus triple beam! Up to 5 lb. 2oz. down to 0.1g and never needs batteries:) I have the large scoop shaped tray and all of the counterbalances/calibration weights. I love it, also great for weighing grains for beermaking or weird recipes that are by weight.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ohaus for the win!

back from riding...went uphill today...made for a fun ride home at least...

when i started growing there was barely any "named" strains...if it wasn't white widow or ak47 then no one had heard of it so it was either pot or sensi...girl scout cookies was something you ate after getting high!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:good:oh yeah,i saw that they had finished paving a brand new bike path up the biggest hill in town...so now there's a buttery smooth way up and down although i bet going down it's way too narrow as it's easy to get up into the high 30's just by coasting...and they are adding a bike lane next to the highway that goes over the pass..

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Congrats on the new bike path, Uncle, I'm sure you'll put it to good use!

I finally downsized my mother's and clones, they get insane after a few months. Only a few full sized stragglers left that wouldn't fit in the cloner bucket.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
My older son went to Home Depot and helped me get 15 sheets of plywood, 18 2x3s, 2 heaters, nails, screws, hardware, and heavy gage extension cords for the heaters. I got a dog sitter for next Thursday, and Friday! We will zip up to the mountains and build the new 16' long x 12' high permanent drying room.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm starting to think I'm older then most of you:scripture:
when i was a younger teenager in the mid '70's circa 1974 ...something special came around and i've never seen it since ... it was RED hash oil ... Deep Red & translucent with thick viscosity Hash Oil ... incredibly fragrant ... the way we used it was to put some on aluminum foil and heat it w/ a lighter from underneath & it would slightly sizzle & then inhaling the vapors w/ a straw , or an empty Bick pen body ...this is called "Chasing the Dragon" it had a unique quality in that the subsequent vapor would EXPAND in your lungs so you had to be careful and take less then you would think , or else

This was Hash Oil that underwent an Isomerization & made by underground chemists & if you dont know what that means please look it up..

Sh*t was DANK ... the rush was amazing

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My older son went to Home Depot and helped me get 15 sheets of plywood, 18 2x3s, 2 heaters, nails, screws, hardware, and heavy gage extension cords for the heaters. I got a dog sitter for next Thursday, and Friday! We will zip up to the mountains and build the new 16' long x 12' high permanent drying room.

Doc's bankrolling it AND providing personal labor..wish i had a Dad like you:dance013:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
:good:oh yeah,i saw that they had finished paving a brand new bike path up the biggest hill in town...so now there's a buttery smooth way up and down although i bet going down it's way too narrow as it's easy to get up into the high 30's just by coasting...and they are adding a bike lane next to the highway that goes over the pass..

When I was in the Marine Corps we had a guy come in and the gunny yelled at him for get a speeding ticket on one of the roads on base. He asked him why he got a ticket for 35 in a 25 zone. The guy looked at him and said I didnt know you could get pulled over on a skate board. My gunny laughed and said use the next road over there are less MP's.

That was on a steep hill.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I'm starting to think I'm older then most of you:scripture:
when i was a younger teenager in the mid '70's circa 1974 ...something special came around and i've never seen it since ... it was RED hash oil ... Deep Red & translucent with thick viscosity Hash Oil ... incredibly fragrant ... the way we used it was to put some on aluminum foil and heat it w/ a lighter from underneath & it would slightly sizzle & then inhaling the vapors w/ a straw , or an empty Bick pen body ...this is called "Chasing the Dragon" it had a unique quality in that the subsequent vapor would EXPAND in your lungs so you had to be careful and take less then you would think , or else

This was Hash Oil that underwent an Isomerization & made by underground chemists & if you dont know what that means please look it up..

Sh*t was DANK ... the rush was amazing

Yeah in 1974 I started kindergarten.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When I was in the Marine Corps we had a guy come in and the gunny yelled at him for get a speeding ticket on one of the roads on base. He asked him why he got a ticket for 35 in a 25 zone. The guy looked at him and said I didnt know you could get pulled over on a skate board. My gunny laughed and said use the next road over there are less MP's.

That was on a steep hill.
thats crazy fast on a skateboard...it's fast enough on a bike with brakes and such