What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Third day for first time greenhouse builders. In the end we got it to line up pretty good. 12 x 18 x 8 and a little over $200 so far.

picture.php

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
That looks brutal in the rock sections and the jump over the brook , holy crap. What could possibly go wrong?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That looks brutal in the rock sections and the jump over the brook , holy crap. What could possibly go wrong?
i was watching the qualies and some dude exploded a rear wheel on a jump...when carbon parts go they tend to fail catastrophically

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Great pics Hammerhead those are super frosty! I saw you mention about the Growers Choice dual 500w CMH fixtures somewhere recently, how you liking them so far?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All growers choice lights are killer. I'm getting the same results I got with the DE 630's. I have not cranked them up to 1kw yet. Its to hot right now. I wont see much. Might get some bigger yields. I like running dual spectrum. You cant do that with the DE 630's.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I still am loving the 630s I got from them. Even though they aren't DEs, they work great. Im running one, 16 hours a day in the green house until Im sure we are past the rainy weather.

Hay Hammer, your critter is growing faster then I expected. That's one handsome little guy. Does he allow you to hold him?

Weed is selling fast here now. I should have grown more last season, and I didn't bud anything indoor this winter. Im probably down to a half dozen ounces. I think people will come for my shake soon. Its all sugar leaf. The Sour Dub sugar is off the hook strong.
I wish more of you guys could grow outdoors. The over head is so low. It probably costs a nickel an ounce. Well maybe a dime :D

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
HID bulbs only produce the advertised spectrum and efficiency at their rated power, you may be pleasantly surprised after cranking them up to max power when it gets cooler. The 3K-R bulb they offer has an awesome spectrum with the max intensity at 660nm and higher IR in the 730nm-740nm range, great red to blue light ratio too.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wish more of you guys could grow outdoors. The over head is so low. It probably costs a nickel an ounce. Well maybe a dime

well me too , but we have the cards stacked against us in the North East , the climate is too unpredictable and the crop rots from mold & also we have something devilish called "leaf spot" ...it's worse then you can imagine , matter of fact its hell for an outdoor grower to count on a crop... if its not one thing its another ...9 times out of 10 the crop sucks & it'll never compare to indoor grown boutique ganja ...i say this from many years of experience , the only thing that makes it worthwhile is the fact that you can make extractions to redeem any loss, but the real $ is in the flower ... its a gamble and a shit ton of work just to try to make it proper ...good sites are hard to find & in NY they likely will throw you in Jail, or Prison if U get busted
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Look what cloning gel does! it works:) >>>
picture.php

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed: mornin campers...

looks like summer finally showed up...waited until june 1st at least,now it will basically be 90 or above until october...good times...

so far at least the led room is staying cool enough just off the swamp cooler air in spite of it being hot in the garage...i will see how long that last once we hit 100 and during monsoon...

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I started a bunch of lettuce seeds yesterday. I also started some tomato seeds I bought years ago. I was cleaning up some stuff and found the packet I bought years ago. I'm not really expecting any of them (tomatos) to sprout.

I'm going to do a short side by side grow with the lettuce. aeroponic unit vs bubbler (DWC)

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HID bulbs only produce the advertised spectrum and efficiency at their rated power, you may be pleasantly surprised after cranking them up to max power when it gets cooler. The 3K-R bulb they offer has an awesome spectrum with the max intensity at 660nm and higher IR in the 730nm-740nm range, great red to blue light ratio too.

Ive been running there lights for a very long time(4 years?). The bulbs used in MASTER PURSUIT are PGZ 500w x2. They look identical to the 315w PGZ bulbs with a larger arc tube. They are the only vendor making these bulbs im aware of. All the bulbs I use are 4k/3k-r in ea hoods. I only have 1 DE light left. Its used in the male tent. I can swap out bulbs from 315w-1kw at any time. I have ballasts for ea . I've run many of there lights dimmed over the years with outstanding results. I'm aware bulbs are not made to be run dimmed. It changes there spectrum and effect's bulb life. They have such a long life anyway Im not concerned. Every pic I post was grown under there lights. Very Happy with the results.:tiphat:

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
well me too , but we have the cards stacked against us in the North East , the climate is too unpredictable and the crop rots from mold & also we have something devilish called "leaf spot" ...it's worse then you can imagine , matter of fact its hell for an outdoor grower to count on a crop... if its not one thing its another ...9 times out of 10 the crop sucks & it'll never compare to indoor grown boutique ganja ...i say this from many years of experience , the only thing that makes it worthwhile is the fact that you can make extractions to redeem any loss, but the real $ is in the flower ... its a gamble and a shit ton of work just to try to make it proper ...good sites are hard to find & in NY they likely will throw you in Jail, or Prison if U get busted View Image View Image View Image

Look what cloning gel does! it works:) >>>View Image

I heard that, brother, the conditions around here are probably the worst for outdoor. And, I have never seen anything that can compare to indoor. At least around here. It's a crapshoot at best, and generally not worth the risk. Free light is cool, but not the free bugs, deer, rabbits, mold, rippers, or jail-time. There are a lot of
variables that are stacked against you to achieve a real blowout crop. There have been years, but they were very few and far between. A lot of effort, with little or no return. Trying new stuff every year, but nothing to write home about. I don't want to grow OK bud, that's embarrassing.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I've been scrubbing on one of those trays, been using some CLR. There are several areas where the build up on the trays isn't budging. Been scrubbing on this one tray for several days.

I'm thinking about breaking out a flat head screwdriver to scratch those spot where the build up isn't budging.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:can't even grow cactus here without shade cloth!

best get rolling here if i'm gonna get a ride in...think i will go down by the river,i think they opened up the dams so there may actually be water in the river! something we only get to see for a few months each year...

of course that means the clouds of bugs will be back too...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I've been scrubbing on one of those trays, been using some CLR. There are several areas where the build up on the trays isn't budging. Been scrubbing on this one tray for several days.

I'm thinking about breaking out a flat head screwdriver to scratch those spot where the build up isn't budging.

Be careful not to scratch the plastic, the calcium will collect in these scratches, making it much harder to remove next time.

Latest posts

Latest posts