What's new

A great way to start your day!

B

B. Self Reliant

I thought I'd share this great site with everyone who hangs out here in the photography forum. I usually start my day with a cup of white tea and a quick look at the Washington Post's Day in Pictures. When I was still in photography school, I would look at dozens of similar slideshows from many different sources everyday. Unfortunately, time doesn't allow that anymore, but I still follow this particular site because I think it's the best.

It contains spectacular photography from all over the world in one convenient slideshow. The editors draw images from the wire services, newspapers and other sources. A huge part of photography is how the images are presented, and seeing everything from Haitian earthquake victims to pro tennis players to the new panda at the Beijing zoo in one slideshow really puts the world's events into perspective. I think it's a great way to start the day!

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/special/1/?nav=dropnav

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey B. thanks bunches, I took a look, very interesting, very nice, might make it my wake up call as it is inspiring to see others work. I shoot for a regional newspaper but not cannabis, but not often am I out and about. My camera is always by my side for spur of the moment images though and I'm published there when I capture something current. My wildlife, floral, and landscapes I shoot mostly right at home or close by, they publish these often, I'm very fortunate to live where I do so I can persue my passion. DD

Last edited:
B

B. Self Reliant

Glad you enjoyed it.

Unfortunately, you have to sit through a short advertisement if you want to see the most current edition. I've offset my viewing by one day, so I'm always one day behind and the adds hardly ever pop up.

It sounds like you've got a pretty sweet setup! There's nothing more motivating than knowing that if you get a killer shot it will be published in a reputable publication for all to see! Glad to hear you get to shoot regularly. I love seeing your work here in ICmag when you post it.