What's new

A Funky Good Time 2008

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Thanks for the kind words. I'll be stopping with the fertilizers starting next watering. They will be getting just water and Sweet (sugar supplement by Botanicare). I used it last grow for the last few weeks and the plants loved it. Plus they need a flush from all the flower fertilizers they've been getting.

New pics soon.

-Funk

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Flower day 43

Looking good all around. May give them a little flower fertilizers every now and then just for good measure.

-Funk

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Flower day 47

Gave the plants the last feeding of flowering nutrients. From here on out its water and Sweet. Can't wait to chop them down in about 2.5 weeks :joint:

-Funk

Last edited:

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Thanks fellas. I'll try to get some bud shots as they keep fattening. Hopefully my old digi cam will allow for this...

-Funk

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Flower day 50

Here are the personalized pics of the plants:

White Russian

White Russian

White Russian

White Russian

Northern Lights x White Rhino

Ice x Hashberry

Funk

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I wanted to wait until 65 days but could not. They got the chop yesterday on day 58. Close enough. They'll get 5-7 days of drying then into the jars. I'll post some yield numbers once everything is dry.

Funk

dirkdaddy

awesome work! make sure to get some sexy close ups in a few days. wish I could be there to enjoy. I like the idea with the wooden clips over simple metal hangers; looks like I found the way to dry.

how does it smell/taste of the different strains? hows the high? once again, congrats.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I haven't sampled anything yet. Once it's all dry each strain will get a bong rip for testing purposes. From smelling and manicuring the buds, the White Russians smell really sweet, with a hint of fruitiness. They were the stickiest of the different strains. The Lemon Ice x Hashberry smelled awesome. Smelled like lemons and skunk and was super resiny.

I'll try to get some up close shots if I can. My camera doesn't do well with closeups but I may be able to figure something out.

The wooden clips on the hangers is perfect. You can help each plant individually and keep the labling correct all the way through.

-Funk

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Well everything is nice. All the different strains all have a fruity stink to them which is nice. Must have been all that water and Sweet I gave them. All the plants are nice and potent and do the trick. Because of the early harvest time and clear trichomes I get a nice head buzz and then a later body buzz.

Total yield = 4.6 oz = .32 g/w

As I look back the small containers did hurt the yield. Next grow I'm using larger containers and vegging for another week. Hopefully that will add some ounces next run.

Funk

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Nice! That plate shot looks tasty...

I think that you're right in your observations: More room is always a good idea. More veg time would've bumped up the yield, but you'd risk overgrowing your tent, height-wise.

I wonder, how would a wall-to-wall LST would look in there?

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
A wall to wall LST would work very well in any sized tent. The only down side would be the lower plants numbers. You would make up for it in yield though.

I've thought about whether or not I would overgrow my tent. If I vegged another couple weeks and topped them I think they would be short enough. Another topping in early flowering and they'd be fine.

Next run with the Hashberry F2 I will try this out and see what happens :joint:

-Funk

dirkdaddy

I am thinking a 4 plant SCROG would be best to utilize the space in the dr80. no way to overgrow height weight but you fill in the entire usable square area. thats at least what I was thinking I would do after I got things dialed in.

GrassRoots

Hey funkbomb, nice harvest you had there. I'm looking to add a DR80 to my home soon and it looks like our setups will be very similar. I also plan on growing out some White Russian at some point in the future along with Pot O Gold. Again man nice work and I hope your harvest is ending up really nice and tasty for you man.