What's new

A friend with weed's a friend indeed, but friends with seeds are better!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ooo,cant wait for that one,been wondering what the f13 cross to casey will be like,the jones krusher was great

Gsizzle

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Regardless seems like a nice run. I got my reason for being interested in that G X GK. Thanks for the insight.

Strainbrain

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
Veteran
Don't get me wrong, I'm still interested in the G x GK... just that this pheno was a disappointment in the flavor department. I don't expect her to be a disappointment in the head department, however!

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now that this round is over (what an anticlimactic thread, I'm sorry) I can get on with the second. I owe Benji some coverage, since he didn't get a female into this round, and so I'm going to take care of everyone by making sure each seed maker gets a girl and by documenting them properly next time! Expect that to start in about 4 weeks when I am back from vacation.

Tentative lineup:

Chemchunk from Benji
Casey Jones x F13 from RM
Sour Puss from Che and Dr. Dog

All good m8 im sure you will put on a good show like you have already done in this thread top job m8 looking forward to the second round...:)

Che

Veteran
Nice, you're going to like Sour P, it's reached legendary status around here. I've let it go as long as 14 weeks, and what a treat!

Strainbrain

Veteran
Man, 14 weeks... I've let my Mirre cut go almost that long before. Shouldn't be impossible. :smoke:

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I'm already looking forward to the new lineup!

Strainbrain

Veteran
Tentative lineup:

Chemchunk from Benji
Casey Jones x F13 from RM
Sour Puss from Che and Dr. Dog

Well... I am back and ready to get some seeds dropped. I've continued to think it over and - surprise, surprise - I've made some changes to my lineup. I feel that I should stagger my X-18 and F-13, selecting parents from one before starting the other. It'll just be easier on me since I'm not an experienced plant chooser/breeder.

So I think I'm going to fire up the one pack of real DJ Short F-13 I have (I scored 2 packs of RM's F2s, too) while it's still relatively fresh. As such, I don't see a need to run the Casey x F13 this round. I think I'll give the Grom x GK a second chance instead, as I still want a grapey mom. :smoke:

The Sour Puss is going to have to wait another round or two as well, but as the only keeper my ZV #4 will still be representing the OGA crew. :tiphat:

And the Chemchunk is still on. I plan to start this up next week!

L

liquidmaco

the more time i spend on here the more i am impressed by the nationwide community of growers within icmag helping and sharing with one another. im so glad to be a part of it i cant wait till im networked like all the old timers seem to be. kudos on a great thread strainbrain i see the ZV popping up all over now and youve given me yet another reason to add it to my list.

Strainbrain

Veteran
Indeed, liquidmaco. We all owe Gypsy a great deal of thanks for giving us this hub to network around. I think it's critically important that people carry forth this herb and this community is doing a lot of good work in that arena. I'm proud to be a part of it and consider myself blessed to be accepted into it.

In other news... the next round is upon us. I dropped some Chemchunk and GromGK along with the original F13 about half an hour ago. We should be back in business next week!

Strainbrain

Veteran
Motion!

Motion!

5/5 on the Chemchunk, and a vigorous 5/5 at that. 5/6 on the Grom x GK so far too, and it's way too soon to give up on the last one.

(For the record, I have 3/5 F13 in dirt so far as well. Pretty good start, 13/16 with tails in a day and a half?)

Strainbrain

Veteran
Ha, did I pick a full moon? I didn't even check... I guess maybe I'm synced up with the cycle myself - it just seemed like the right time to do it.

I had to ruthlessly murder the last copy of the GGK mom last night - I was out of pots for the seedlings so I had to improvise a bit. There's no doubt in my mind that I'll get a better replacement with 5 to pick from. The first one did have a pretty solid stone to it, but I want grapes and I'm not going to settle! :smoke:

(Still no movement on the 6th GGK, but one of the 2 F13s has a tail today. They're still tryin'!)

Strainbrain

Veteran
Still kickin' it here, no worries. I've been waiting on my Mosca Negra testers to kinda get back in the swing of posting, and that turned into a couple-month wait. So it goes.

But... they're on their way now. So it's put-up-or-shut-up time for me. Gotta get back into taking pictures and making regular posts! :smoke:

Benji, I have 3 Chemchunk girls which I have not photographed. I will get shots of those tonight and add them in a later post.

I did get pics of the Grom x Grape Krush in the other tent. Now that they've been properly processed, here they are. First up is #10, the 'weird one.' This one has exhibited some... not mutations, necessarily, but unconventional growth characteristics? I will try to document that next week when I get her chop-day pics. She's an odd duck. Highly resinous, though!

The next one is #9. She's a straight up pole. Never did branch. If you can believe it she seems to be more resinous than #10. I don't know if my pictures demonstrate this very well, but in person it's pretty clear.

Both of them have a similar burnt-rubber/chemical smell which also characterized the first female I got from the line. All 3 fems were pretty consistent in this odor. It is safe to say that the grape flavor spectrum did not make it into this cross. What does seem to have made it is the A+ frost level and a solid 55-60 day finish. (These pics are from day 48.) I'm curious to see if these two develop color as the flush period begins. I think I may have fed them too well to see it like we did in their older sister.

Last edited:

Strainbrain

Veteran
And here I am, keeping a promise for once. Took some pics of the 3 Chemchunk girls last night and it turns out they're pretty photogenic. Two of them are pretty similar but #3 is an oddball. Not quite as odd as the GxGk oddball, but markedly different from her sisters.

First is #1, which looks like... well, #1. She's the smelliest and the frostiest, which pretty much means the winner in my book. The head gets the final word, of course, but it usually agrees with the above assessment. Odor has some citrusy hints, some chemmy hints. Quite to my liking.

Next up is #2, she's like #1 turned down one notch. Her smell is softer and sweeter than #1 but with that little astringent kick that lets you know she's serious. I dunno what's up with those top leaves.

And then there's #3. She is the chunkiest of the bunch but as you can see in the pics she doesn't have the resin. It's there on the calyxes, but not anything at all like the other 2. The pistils are also much shorter and more plump and her appetite is completely different than the other two. She has virtually no smell and the resin has a light sweet quality to it.