What's new

A Forrest in a Closet - Sleestack Winter

The Pet

Hello everyone. I have lurked here for a very long time and have learned very much from nearly every post that I have researched. I would like to share my current crop. It is my third time doing so.

Here are the details of the grow:

Strain: Sleestack (heavy sativa)
Veg: seven weeks under 6x65w CFL
Flower: 68-70 days under 450w HPS
Medium: Organic soil (local nursery blend with castings added)
Nutrients: Fox Farm trio

oLFpH.jpg

My grow closet is approximately 36" x 36" x 9'

kJVri.jpg

I germinated nine seeds. All nine sprouted. This is them at 14 days from seed, 10 days under CFL's.

9VA0s.jpg

13 days:

KjPib.jpg

Hnx4a.jpg

The Pet

wjeze.jpg

35 days:

Ib8HU.jpg

42 days:

NpoGk.jpg

After flowering I was very fortunate that 5/9 of my plants were very healthy females.

IMG_5336.jpg

7 days of flowering:

IMG_5338_small.jpg

The Pet

That brings us to today.

36 days and some time to relax now that the weekend is here.

Sleestack takes out to almost 68-70 days so I'm half way. Pure sativas are such a tease.

IMG_5486.jpg

These colas really fattened up and enlarged over the last two days.

IMG_5488.jpg

IMG_5484.jpg

IMG_5483.jpg

ENHANCE

ENHANCE

IMG_54889.jpg

The Pet

Today is day forty of flowering. I had to raise the stakes, so to speak, because the buds were getting so heavy that the stems could no longer support them.

IMG_5489.jpg

The trichome development over the last week has been pretty great. Also the pistils are increasingly turning orange but as you can see the overwhelming majority are still very young.

IMG_5493.jpg

This is one of two cocacola bottle sized colas on a slightly more immature plant. You can see the lack of trichome development and that much of the bud isn't filled out. After another week or two though they should be looking great. It seems that two of my five plants are going to be ready for harvest before the other three. I guess I'm just going to have to play it by ear.

IMG_5494.jpg

The next generation arrived via parcel today. 5x Greenhouse Seeds Super Lemon Haze, a free feminized cheese, and a free feminized white widow. I've heard that cheese is pretty legit so I hope it works out.

IMG_5501.jpg

I still have another 28-30 days for the more mature plants. These guys are taking forever :(

The Pet

I sure did. I didn't have easy access to a professional housing so I manufactured one myself from a thin steel file box that had ventilation slats on the sides. That made installing the socket very easy. This way almost no light is directed upwards and the light stays cool. I installed a small chain in the center for raising and lowering and the ballast is mounted well out of reach of any water or plants near the very top of the grow room. It is an efficient setup for my small space.

Thanks for your question and kind feedback.

IMG_5505.jpg

IMG_5506.jpg

IMG_5507.jpg

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
nice D.I.Y..you seem to be a sponge bro....love what cha did w/cfl's.........haven't seen much of sleekstack...thanks

The Pet

Thanks for coming by, friend :)

I threw double nutes and double molasses at them today. With my last grow I did the recommended nutes every other watering per the Fox Farm guide with half of my plants and doubled the nutes with the other half. While the plants with double nutes had some nute burn in the leaves the buds were much larger and flavor/smokability wasn't affected. I've never used molasses and I don't know if it's BS or not but it hasn't hurt them so far so no worries. I also bought some half-gallon snap lid jars today for curing. They're a little larger than a canning jar so I just need to be patient and pay attention.

G

guest3871

I haven't seen much of the sleestack either?
I am interested in seeing how these turn out. :)

I thought they were supposed to be sativa dominant but stay short?

G

growingcrazy

Thanks for coming by, friend :)

I threw double nutes and double molasses at them today. With my last grow I did the recommended nutes every other watering per the Fox Farm guide with half of my plants and doubled the nutes with the other half. While the plants with double nutes had some nute burn in the leaves the buds were much larger and flavor/smokability wasn't affected. I've never used molasses and I don't know if it's BS or not but it hasn't hurt them so far so no worries. I also bought some half-gallon snap lid jars today for curing. They're a little larger than a canning jar so I just need to be patient and pay attention.

Plants are looking great! The waiting is the hardest part!

From my experience with running sleestack, the more sativa pheno that you got the clawed leaves on in your earlier post, that will be the best smoke. I found one that did the same and was fantastic!

If you run that pheno again just dial the nutes down a bit and your set!

Keep up the good work!:biggrin:

Hüsker Dü

Really nice grow. Thanks for sharing.
Looking forward to see the final result :woohoo:

The Pet said:
The next generation arrived via parcel today. 5x Greenhouse Seeds Super Lemon Haze, a free feminized cheese, and a free feminized white widow. I've heard that cheese is pretty legit so I hope it works out.
I got the same free fem. Cheese. It´s one week in veg.

HD

The Pet

Hey there friends. Quick update at 49 days (seven weeks) of flowering.

I trimmed back the fan leaves on this cola to see what impact it has on the final weeks of flowering.

IMG_5560.jpg

This is the other cola from the same plant that I left "natural." My goal is to see if there are any differences between each in the final product.

IMG_5561.jpg

Can you say sticky? This still has at least two to three weeks.

IMG_5562.jpg

Growingcrazy, this is the plant with leaves that "clawed up" from what I think was over-nutrient burn. However, it has the stickiest buds of any of the five plants. Good god.

IMG_5567.jpg

At this point I'm going to start chopping them at different times and dates based on when they seem to be done. There's no reason to do a mass harvest because each plant is at a different developmental stage now.

dr. corndog - Most of the plants are very reasonable at five feet or under. Two of them went totally apeshit though. Genetics are funny like that :)