What's new

a early flower strain outdoor

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
seedsman erdpurt?? never heard of seedman doing erdpurt. if so its a pure rip off, i wouldnt believe a word they say. if you are lucky you can make some erdpurt hybrids. erdpurt x royal dane or visa versa or some other very early x erdpurt

And i also wonder if you could propose some strains that you know about(your own experience) that has a very good frost resistance, because if some strains has a longer bloom that makes it going into September it must tolerate frost and even a heavy frost also. Usually we have a frost at the beginnig of September and it could be for a day or three, and the tempereture could drop down to -3 C and sometimes even -5 C, but these drops usually lasts for a couple of hours and then the tempereture rises very fast again to normal 15-18 C. So i need strains that can take some beating and low temps and of course they have to be mould resistant. But if they are fairly mould resistant so can i except that because we do not have so much rain in September but i do not want mould magnets, but the most important is that they can handle LOW temps and FROST and i also prefer strains that has finnish before 15-25 September so they must start to flower very early. The WHY to early flowering is that they could use the warm months of July and August after that the temperature drops very fast so they cant develop properly. So strains with a short blooming period or strains that can handle low temps and still grow properly is very god characteristics that i need up here in da north. . .

No Esbe i didnt mean that Seedsmen has Erdpurt as its own, it is ACE seeds that they have at their site. . . Look it up so can you see, they say that Erdpurt is very frost resistant so that was why i was thinking of it as a good strain here, but you say that is to late for me ? When do they finnish in Denmark ?

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
erdpurt is way to late for you bro

Listen to esbe, you dont need a 'frost resistant' strain you need something that finish before the frosts begin to hit too hard.
Go for autoflowering or very light sensitive strains ('semi-AF').

Peace

=K

I need some frost resistance in the strains that i will be growing if the finnish is in late September because that month where i live can be very tricky and i dont want my lovely plants to die. And if you have been reading this thread you know that i have some semi-auto´s like Maroc, Purple Maroc, Easy Sative and a couple of Danish strains that are early and should begin to flower in July here, but if some strains are 9 weekers they must handle frost because that how it is here in September. And i have been looking at my mothers calendar where she has been writing down the temperature here in some 30 years so i can clearly see how that month has been in average, that´s how i know that September has some surprises with some really low temps and i want my plants to survive. If i have some really early strains(Danish and some others) that begin to flower at the 31/7 when we have 5 hours of dark and it is a 7 weeker that means it will finnish 18/9, 8 weeker 25/9 and that is probably the limit in temperature conditions, and if it is a 9 weeker i dont know how the temperature will affect the ripening ? So that is why i need strains that is well known for handling low temps without damage, and if i can find something with 6-7 weeks of flowering that could work very good for me. . .

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
all hfh hybrids can take frosts like your talking about, most strains can btw. as krull says, concentrate your search for the early flowering genetics. if you can find some leb27, royal dane or old farmers nepal they would do good around you. the hfh erdpurt that ace has is made in england, around london, as far as i remember, and it only just finishes there, so up at you they would finish around december 15!

btw, i dont think Maroc, Purple Maroc, Easy Sative will finish at you

THC123

Veteran
he plants can get huge i'm talking 8+ ft. and yield can compete with many hybrids sold by other companies.

one GG2 yielded me 625 grams , it's great weed and early and well yielding

Esben also has great strains , his danish gold is just as good as the GG and has the same finishing time

Last edited:

BlackBart

Veteran
I live 44N in a very wet and cold climate . I have been growing outdoors for fourty years and I can tell you with all honesty that Erdpurt is the most hardiest of strains I have ever grown . Its a tuff tuff plant and a very nice high . My friends and family love it .

Attachments

• ERDPURT # 1.jpg
    ERDPURT # 1.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 8
  • ERDPURT # 2.jpg
    ERDPURT # 2.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 6
I´ll think that Maroc, Purple Maroc and Easy Sativa will finnish here because i have reading that people as far north as 65 north has been growing them with success and people above me in Sweden at 62 and 63 degree north also with good results. All the info i have been reading about them seems to indicate that they are very photo sensitive and here we have a decline of 6 minutes a day after midsummer and it also only need approximately 6 hours of darkness sometimes lower if the change in light is rapidly to flower so i have high hopes for them(as i have for the Danish strains also). Btw its nice to hear you say that Danish strains is frost tolerant so i take your word for it so i dont have to worry when the beginning of September is coming up. . . And one more thing, how early is Royal Dane in Denmark ? Is she flowering in mid July or late July down there ? And is every Danish strain very photo sensitive or if not i wonder how many dark hours they usually need approximately ?

Very nice pics Black heart ! I´m really thinking of at least try one or two Erdpurt´s at my mothers garden so if they are late and havent begin to flower so can i use plastic bags over them and do 12/12 so i can taste them. And also do some crosses and next year try em out to see if i find some phenotypes that are early and continue to grow them. . .

BlackBart

Veteran
chrille grows , I had some Erdpurts that started to flower as early as july . I think they will do well for you . Good luck !

Finally it looks like the snow is beginning to melt away here and it looks like on the local weather tv it is gonna be warmer weather further on so i really hope that the snow for this time is gone finally ! But as mostly always there will probably be a snowstorm in April or so. I´m really want to start looking around for some more places to grow. I have my "old" places from when i last lived here but something could have changed and i really want to be ready when end of April and beginning of May is coming up. Have to do some ground work and other stuff.... I AM REALLY IMPATIENT now... oooh i really long for the summer to arrive. . .

Did have some argue with my mother today, she say she is a little bit paranoid about my pregrowing at her garden. She thinks that every neighbour see my plants and calling the police and i trying to calm her down about that so we have to see if i am gonna pregrow at her garden ? Otherwise i have to sow directly in to the ground wich i really dont like but that´s the way nature do it. . . DAMN my mother´s paranoia. . .

Today did i get some seeds that i ordered from DCF and it was 20 Royal Dane, 20 Royal Dane/Thypoon, 20 UK08 so now do i have close to 100 seeds with the others i have and more is coming up. . . I am aiming at 150-200 seeds before i am satisfied... C´mon SPRING where are you... I´m waiting for you...

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
they will all do good at you bro. look for breeder material, especially among rd and uk08

I will do that Esbe because i want my "local" strains to be earlier and earlier so hopefully in the end it will begin to flower a couple of weeks after midsummer. Real photo sensitive so she and he knows that the days are getting shorter and it is time to flower. . .

Today was the first almost spring Day, Over 10 C where i live and you could hear the snow melt away. . . Soon i think i will start some pregrowing of a few strains in my window(mother has nothing against that) Thinking of some semi-auto´s to try if they will flower earlier when they have small pots. If that works i will probably plant a couple in 4-6 liters pot so they get root restricted and begin to flower. Could that work do you think ? I think i read somewhere that they will flower easy when the roots are restricted but i dont know so please give me your opinion on that, and i am talking about Danish strains and Female seeds Maroc and i possibly try the Purple Maroc also. . .

I think also the Brownsuper07 from HFH has a excellent camo,i think It will perform very good because it has some very dark colours(and i like it more and more when i look at the pics at Seedbay) so it will melt in very good in the surroundings where i am gonna grow this year... Very good i think... Beautiful plant Esbe...

tokatronic

Your real good on the updates, keep it up! (I had to laugh a bit when you wrote about living with your mother, somehow I got the impression you had some years on your back)

Here's a brand new auto flowering related thread if your'e still interested in that.

Latest posts

Latest posts