What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

a couple plant issues, zinc issue?

Marshall

The history on these plants is a little scattered. But I will keep it short

This plant just got transplanted to hydroton. It was in 12oz cups with coco waiting for the table to get setup. Ph was a tad high 6.0 for a couple days till I got my PH meter working. I lowered it to 5.5 the other day

Nutes are GH 3 part using their veg formula.

Think lowering the PH is going to help?

This is the only plant with issues. The rest seem to be OK. The rest were clones from flowering plants so they are taking some time going back to veg mode.

Light is on 24/7 due to the above issue.

picture.php

Marshall

Here is another one. This plant was from bag seed and was in soil till I transplanted it. I wonder if this is just shock? The new growth on top looks good and the problem hasnt gotten worse.

F

firefox

hi i had a couple of plants do the same about a month ago and they just went back to normal i thought it may have been in the genes check out my plants and you will see what i mean i never done anything to them they seemed to pull them selves back on there own ..sorry cant help but its a piece of mind knowing that someone else had a similiar problem and they recovered.. maybes someone else may put more light on the subject.:tiphat:

ibjamming

Veteran
How's the heat in there? Mine do that sometimes when it get's really...like 100F+...hot.

You're SURE the pH is that low? Highly alkaline will do that too...

What's different with that plant? It could just be a fucked up plant...it happens.

The other does look like transplant wilt.

Marshall

I still have to install the AC but I dont think it is too hot in there. Maybe in the 80's. I have been opening the door and venting the room.

I lowered the PH just a couple days ago, before that it was probably higher.

C

coconaut

First pic seems to be a pH issue, new growth should be fine.
Second picture looks like maybe the leaf was being blown around too much by a fan.

Marshall

Just got a PPM meter and it was high, 1700PPM. Not sure if thats cause they drank more water than nutes.

I dumped the rez and am am running water through them now. PHed, it to around 5.5. May leave for a couple days then add new nutes.

I have a couple more plants showing the same thing

C

coconaut

No don't wait a couple days, add your nutes now too. don't try to push any limits for now, but a nice medium strength, pH'd nute mix is what your plants need.
you just want to flush them real well, then get them back on the horse.
How do you water/feed? drippers? I don't see any in the pic. Flood/drain? in this case you'll want to top down water those pots to really flush them out.

You say more plants are showing the same thing? What same thing? the first or second pic?
If it's the first pic, then your previous mixture of nutrients was pretty bunk, don't repeat what you did there.
Other than what I've said I don't know what more to tell you. problems like this can be hard enough to troubleshoot with my own space, where I already know all the variables. You haven't given many details which makes it worse. However most problems fall into broader categories, either water/nutrient related, lighting related, temperature, and so on.
yours seems to be a water/nutrient issue and really the best thing is to dump the res, flush the plants and start fresh. Plants should start looking noticeably better in a few days.

C

coconaut

Oh and I just noticed you said your initial pH was 6.0 and you lowered it to 5.5
With a pH of 6, plant's in coco should not look like yours do. 6.0 is a fairly reasonable pH for coco, I may go down as far as 5.7 at times, but it usually drifts upward to about 6.5 by the time I change my res.
what do you know of your water? what's your source? tap? ro? softener?

Marshall

i did not post alot of details cause it gets confusing.

The bulk of those plants were cloned from outside plants that started to flower. The original plants were from seed, so I am unsure of their sex, and the outside plants were ripped.

Their cloning environment was horrible, cold, etc. I had no choice till the grow area became available.

Once the clones rooted, I put them in red cups with Cocotek coco. The coco was not rinsed or prepared in any way except hydrating. I have heard this may be an issue.

Once the grow area opened and I had one light and table running, I transplanted everything to a E&F table.

The first pic is a clone that was gifted to me, Big Bud. It came in a small netpot in a rockwool cube and hydroton. I transferred it to the coco cups because I did not have the table yet

Lights are on 24/7 because I am getting the clones back to full veg mode. Table floods every 3-4 hours

Now that I have a PPM meter

Tap water is 70 PPM, PH is around 6.5

Res ran 8-9 days before I dumped and it was 1700 PPM. I have never vegged that high. Not sure if the formula on the bottle is too high, or if it just got that high from loosing water.

I did top feed the plants from the hose to flush them out

The second pic is an isolated issue and no longer an issue. it was the only plant that did that, and the only plant that went from pure soil to hydro. All new growth looks good.

I have more plants looking like the first, not as bad but showing signs of it.

This is nowhere near my first grow and never had issues like this. Always used GH 3 part nutes.

I think it is a PH issue and I going to keep a close eye on the PH and keep it between 5.4 and 5.8. I have never had problems letting my PH fluctuate in the 5 range. I think it was too high for too long till I got the meter calibrated

Latest posts

Latest posts