What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A couple of new products..

thc43

Veteran
hi guys,

yesterday i dropped off a tray of :hide: um babies to a mate. GOt talking and led to all these new products from new companys that are flooding the shelves in the first weeks of this year.. im sure they have been around for a while in the nursery and garden wholesalers who sell to all corner nurserys and farmers.

ATM my local shop 2x new products are being tested, i dont think either have been used on weed, my grow shop is more about selling quality genetics be it tomatos, strawberries, brocoli, cucumber, cut flowers and show off all there setups growing all pf the above in different nute ranges, soon may become part aquaruim/ pet shop too. The $$ arr not just in hydro equipment it would seem.

heres is some info on these new products, if you have used them please offer your 2c.. Apparently a good in coco so for with canna range.. early days though..

EM-1 below tells you more than got from the guy yesterday

Cobra- cash crop, this looks like a good friendly bacteria, like ANs is it tarantula(spelling dont even know what a tarantula is?)

rather cheep $$ vs amount used per litre, so its worth a shot. For you guys in recirculating aqua-Hydro one or both might just improve roots during hotter months..

I have no intrest in the company/s who make the product or have i tried it, so this is just a heads up and a request for anyone with grows with either under the belt to give me some of your thoughts.. pro or cons welcome im a big boy:hide:

Thanks all..
ThC

toohighmf

Veteran
sounds like a great all in one beneficial product that could probably be mixed into soil/less mix or coco. not sure it would be the ticket for anything with sprayers or rockwool, but sounds like good stuff. make sure to use a carb like molasses to feed it

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
You can buy the mother culture for the EM, and make your own if cost is an issue. Some good reading on EM here.

Peace.

thc43

Veteran
Thanks guys,

so far it looks cheep $25 or $22US per 500ml bottle of the EM-1, the powdered cobra i dont have a price for as yet, label looks so much like a A/N product but this shop wouldnt touch them with 10 foot pole after there last dealings sent old stock and constant bitching apparently hard to deal with.

These products work well together i was told and someone at the shop has already punched out a grow used with canna and is raving about it, means nothing till i try it. Owner of the shop is coming over to visit me tomorrow so i will know more then, who makes it, shelf life(i buy 5 litre nute bottles normally) might even swap what i have for these products and my usual canna order only weeks away from harvest so it time to start organising my next grow.

Yes MOre friendlies than ive seen in one bottle thats for sure and if its like biobugs its going to need activation and inline filters to reduce sprayers half blocking reducing feeds to some pots.

SCrubNinja, ta for the link ive bookmarked for late night reading later
Once weed dose rates are sorted i can work the true cost per litre out, specially with cobra atm its not for sale testers 500g jars. IF i buy EM-1 hopefully the will throw in the cobra ive had my gair share of freebie nutes of late..

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
No worries bro. Just for reference, I think I paid 25aud for the 1 litre of mother culture, and that will make 20 litres of EM. I think it was 20 for a litre of EM proper. The Cobra stuff looks awesome. Cheers.

thc43

Veteran
Thanks scrigninja,

Got some more info the other day

My local is getting right into these additives, Mother culture i didnt see, but they have EM stones you hang in res or drinking water.
Enzymes to help break down Nitrogen, calcium and Patassium, and then there are these two new products from the Mother culture range.

Ive bought some cobra, EM-1 sold out in a week 100x litres:blowbubbles: the new guy at the grow shop haS Been using this stuff for years in veg grows and in his drinking water.. Ive got to do some more reading like h202 its used up fast so its best used in a run to waste setup where you can dose every 3 days.

more info printed off for me as my searches didnt bring up a great deal.
Micro organisims

Benificial microbes

Im told canna zym + cobra and maybe some of the EM-1 would keep my coco healthy, the general idea here is we are feeding the coco making a healthier root zone enableing best use of the nutrients and additives..

The EM stones last for ages and a sock of these are cheep so i might try a sock in the res and one in my RO water storage barrel.