What's new

A couple of fan questions

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
I was thinking at work today that I was gonna take back the Y duct. If I need a 2nd fan , then I'll have make another hole in the cieling. no big deal. Thanks phototropic .:D

I'm definiently gonna install the fan and connect it to the light tommarro then in a few weeks when the girls (hopefully) start smelling, set up the scrubber. by then I should know if I'm gonna need an extra fan.

I'll let you all know how it goes. wish me luck in the scarry attic.

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
wow, that fan really suck up the air, almost suck my shirt off. Well I got the light vented. I put a 6 to 4inch reducer right on the hood and placed the duct there and ran it up though the attic to the fan.

One more qquestion---should I be using the glass on my light? I was concerned when I hook up my scrubber It wont get the air that smells, but if I dont use it, the fan will suck up the cool air. I do have it off for now.

Click for Larger Image

this is the fan mounted in the attic.

Click for Larger Image

this is the spot I saved for the scrubber.

Click for Larger Image

this is the light I took a 6inch to 4 inch reducer and placed it onto the light hood. below are some pics of my set up , let me know if I need to change anything.

Click for Larger Image
this is the vent going to the fan.

Click for Larger Image

this is the intake vent. fan sucks air out of this room also

Click for Larger Image

these are the happy plants veggging.

Thank you phototropic, buzzbob, bartrnder,and tex

G

Air

Air

A coupe of points.
1. Treat air like string. it is easire to pull than to push air.
2. Place your fan at the end of the system if possible to keep backpressure down to a mimimum. Keep your overall lenght of air duct under 10' or you will nedd a scond fan to pull the air the remainder of the way.

I would consider placing a fan on the exhaust side of the carbon scrubber and another on the exhaust side of the refector, aswell.

I do not use a carbon scrubber, but my exhaust fan is mounted on my reflector exhaust side, with 3' duct pushing air into the ceiling cavity, and drawn out by the AC system.

I use positive ions and ozone for air purity. Cleans the whole house for about a $130 unit. Scrubs 2000 gsf easy.

have fun.

VegasBuddha