What's new

A Brewing Culture Clash within the Counterculture?

B

blazesck

These people are all welcome to breed and name their own strains if they don't like the ones around already

G

grasspass

I'm legal, medical. Thank God for black market illegal sales! That's how I used to get my herb. Call the herb whatever you want ,at least we still have free speech!

slappyjack

I thought "green crack" was a stupid name for a strain long before the MMJ movement kicked in.

Cannabis is cannabis, it's not a freaking cocaine. Not even close.

johnnyla

Veteran
Whatever the high end shops want to act like they are doctors and more medical but they are just as in it for the money.

we'll see how many stay in business once it's legalized and their profits run dry. nothing worse than having someone tell you how compassionate the prices are and sell you a 65 1/8th. can't tell you how many times that happened to me. now i grow my own.

why didn't the Dispensary's "collectives" put money up to collect signatures to defeat the the LA ordinance? cuz they suck balls. that's why. and the pre ico ones don't want the competition.

fuck them all. every patient grow your own and dont' give these fucks your money.

who cares what the name of the herb is. just hope it wasnt grown with neurotoxins sprayed on it during flower. good luck finding that.

the whole "scene" is fucked and the govt will swoop in and regulate an industry that will not regulate themselves. like testing for pesticides.

enjoy the Obamaweed. hope its better than NIDA's

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
the whole "scene" is fucked and the govt will swoop in and regulate an industry that will not regulate themselves. like testing for pesticides.

enjoy the Obamaweed. hope its better than NIDA's

The government can't step in and regulate it as we already see the federal government has banned the growing of any weed, yet here we all are teaching each other how to grow. The guy in the photo below is 6', nine plants in that 10'x10' area ;)

If it is legal or more available some of us will still grow, just like some guys home brew their own beer. Freedom for all will weed out the bad growers and unethical business people. We don't need government regluation to enjoy the freedom to breath. The same holds true for what we eat, drink, smoke, and otherwise put in our bodies. Government uses regulation of these basic needs to control you. NOT KEEP YOU SAFE.

The best weed I've smoked has come from ICmag growers not dispensaries. The government has not been very helpful to ANY of these ICmag growers, yet still their weed is best in the world. The answer is to just grow more and laugh at non-smokers, non-growers telling you what to do :dance013:

Peace, :joint:

Balazar

This whole thing came about because of muck raking over names. WHO GIVES A FUCK! If they really wanted to be scientific about it they would have every product laboratory tested, sort them by actual chemical content ratios, and label them as such.

If the active ingredients of herb were actually their concern they would be testing samples, doing some math, and then grinding different batches together to create an ideal chemical ratio for treating different ailments and then give the blend a name.

Or better yet they would be dealing only in cooking hash, ingestables, topical creams and pureified oil's for vaporizing. All with labels that explain their contents and intended uses. Wouldn't that make mores sense from an image point of view? But it makes no sense from a money making point of view because you will only capture the extremely small portion of people with cards that are strictly using them for medical reasons.

The generic prescription for being senile that you take has a long ass scientific name that you don't understand right? I think trainwreck is much easier to remember than DICHLORO*DIPHENYL*TRICHLORO*ETHANE.

I think the dispensaries have two categories in Colorado: Spa Wannabe, and stoners fraternity.

Hazelnuts

The generic prescription for being senile that you take has a long ass scientific name that you don't understand right? I think trainwreck is much easier to remember than DICHLORO*DIPHENYL*TRICHLORO*ETHANE.

Excuse me, but what the hell are you talking about? DDT is definitely not something prescribed against dementia or anything like that, it's a pesticide and pretty dangerous to human health as you probably know, IDK where you got that idea. Just pointing that out, I agree with your points otherwise.

I

ijimunot

To each his own. Diversity in the future of cannabis use is needed. As with wine, mixed drink and beer drinkers. The diversity of the people is what makes life good.
Stoner culture has changed in the 40 plus years I have been smoking and it will continue and needs to evolve.
Medical cannabis is part of that evolution. Just a step in the quest for freedom. Bitching about the way another views their use only shows the anti cannabis people that their are divisions in the cannabis community and slows the evolution. Together we stand divided we fall.

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
MARIJUANA IS NOT JUST FOR SICK PEOPLE, IT IS A BASIC HUMAN RIGHT. <-- THIS IS COMING FROM A LEGAL PATIENT. SANTA SHOULD BE SMOKING A BONG, PERIOD. SO SHOULD MY MOM AND THE EASTER BUNNY, SHIT.

I'm Dykster

Speaking of names...have you thought about the "day after" pill that will get rid of any accidents...it's called ru486....now think about that name...Are you For 86? 86 was an old term used that means "thrown out"...

Balazar

Excuse me, but what the hell are you talking about? DDT is definitely not something prescribed against dementia or anything like that, it's a pesticide and pretty dangerous to human health as you probably know, IDK where you got that idea. Just pointing that out, I agree with your points otherwise.

I was waiting for someone to catch that. I though DDT was the cure for senile old people... Sorry I have a twisted sense of humor some times

MARIJUANA IS NOT JUST FOR SICK PEOPLE, IT IS A BASIC HUMAN RIGHT. <-- THIS IS COMING FROM A LEGAL PATIENT. SANTA SHOULD BE SMOKING A BONG, PERIOD. SO SHOULD MY MOM AND THE EASTER BUNNY, SHIT.

I think that's legit and please understand that I'm playing the Devil's (Rob Cory's) advocate here.

So unfortunatly all of the sheeple that believe that voting works also believe that we are a bunch of drug addicted hooligans trying to legalize every drug and corrupt their kids. Because that's the bullshit the the government (and organized religion) puts in the sheeples feed bucket. We may be saying fuck off we want our speak easy but, we are giving them ammo too.

I would personaly like to see establishments start letting people smoke or vape. They don't have to sell weed, just provide a place to chill with your best "buds" and toke.

Don't forget Jesus!
pot-smoking_hippy_jesus.jpg

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Real shame that patients and stoners can't get along. If anyone thinks they are the only real way to present Cannabis for medicine then I feel sorry for their limited view, that maybe prevents patients that are not in the same boat from getting medications.
Lets be clear there is no right way, there is no typical patient, why not have both upscale new age medical facilities and little stoner shops? I'd like to think they are both available to service the different customers. To me it is sad when some new businessman who thinks his Cannabis is somehow better because of how he markets it, or that his medical use is more holy then thou...
What a crock!
I have worked on medical Cannabis issues longer then most but I would never try to say, I am more better then thou because of how I buy, or sell Cannabis, or use cannabis.
We really need to stop the infighting and concentrate on reform and the real enemy, the laws, police and courts and jails.
I am getting fed up with all the fighting between recreational and medical users, maybe I should be glad we have gotten to the point where we can have divergent views, but lets get the reforms done then we can get back to infighting, if you really feel the need to.

-SamS

Herbasaurus

ICMag Donor
The "new breed" is all about money, marketing and big business. Just another attempt to hijack and cash in on a counter culture. They did it with films and music and now they are looking at "medical marijuana" as a growth industry they would like to control.

Check out the threads about the way the California newbies are trying to "legalize" so they end up in control.

gr8fulbud

Steppenwolf “The Pusher”
Words and music by Hoyt Axton

You know I've smoked a lot of grass
O' Lord, I've popped a lot of pills
But I never touched nothin'
That my spirit could kill
You know, I've seen a lot of people walkin' 'round
With tombstones in their eyes
But the pusher don't care
Ah, if you live or if you die

God damn, The Pusher
God damn, I say The Pusher
I said God damn, God damn The Pusher man

You know the dealer, the dealer is a man
With the love grass in his hand
Oh but the pusher is a monster
Good God, he's not a natural man
The dealer for a nickel
Lord, will sell you lots of sweet dreams
Ah, but the pusher ruin your body
Lord, he'll leave your, he'll leave your mind to scream

God damn, The Pusher
God damn, God damn the Pusher
I said God damn, God, God damn The Pusher man

Well, now if I were the president of this land
You know, I'd declare total war on The Pusher man
I'd cut him if he stands, and I'd shoot him if he'd run
Yes I'd kill him with my Bible and my razor and my gun

God damn The Pusher
Gad damn The Pusher
I said God damn, God damn The Pusher man

anikas88

yeah here come the hypocrites, i now see people who are totally against cannabis, smoking but saying thier just doing it medically and then the same people wanting to keep the status quo of prohibition and drug war going as long it doesnt affect them.

Balazar

I was surprised that Rob Cory made a comment like that. Of course no one ever accused him of being smart.

Nice-Dreams

I agree that some of the dispensaries in CO being marketed to stoners and young people

There is a new one called "Daddy Fat Sacks" and one in Boulder called "Dr Reefers".

Please people lets be smart about this.

All you are doing is scaring the old people and pissing off the soccer moms.

There is a new one called "Daddy Fat Sacks"

That is bad ass, it's great culture nomenclature. Then again, some soccer mom's are just afraid of the word 'sack'. A lot of these woman never got over their juvenile trauma of boys that aren't the most gentle about a mid day fuck.

They are all worried about getting into heaven or something, perhaps just being publicly ridiculed as woman fear that the most. Guys fear being alienated, girls never really do!

The felons have been working on developing the genetics all this time. There wouldn't be the variety of strains that are best for an individual's medical issues if it weren't for all the genetics work that has been done . . .

Latest posts

Latest posts