What's new

A Boat in the swamp

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
wow dude incredible pics. i must say i am astounded by your outdoor skills. so your son grows too? that brings a tear to my eye. i would love to be able to share the hobby with the younger generation.

Sparky14

Two heads, I have followed your escapades for years, and I salute you again from Minnesota. You might remember me on overgrow as oldsterone. My wife hates my posting more than my growing, but I sneak in a comment and a question...

You might recall I grow in my private tamarack peat bog...I own acres besides my lake. You and I both fight the problem of chaff from the cattails. What can be done about that I wonder? Some years I have none, other years I see it in my buds all winter.

And do you spray with your home made green cure as we near the finish line as a hedge against disaster? Shouldn't we wait for mold and mildew first? School me on this sirs.

Good luck as we head to the trimming and the jars...I am running NL, Grapefruit X Schnazzleberry, Maple Leaf Indica, Ak-47, Hashberry and a cross I made: NL X Early Queen. Nothing special, but as usual, my plant are stinking to high heaven.

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
nice twoheads!
looking like a very nice harvest coming in this year despite your troubles with the spots

two heads

Veteran
Thanks for the comments everyone. Nice to hear from old friends oldsterone (Sparky14) and esbe. Sparky, I suppose there's not much we can do about the cat tail chaff. The price we pay for sticky buds! And yes, I have decided an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of loss and spray for mold before I see it. We can't visit the site every day and mold can spread so quickly. I believe the spray will not harm the bud at all if not over-concentrated.

Billy - yes my son (who is 21) also grows - at one of our old sites. Far better than being in the wrong place at the wrong time when buying a bit of weed. I support his choice to smoke herb and helping him is as much about harm reduction as it is fatherly love.

Speaking of which - I'm like a nervous Dad waiting on my outdoor 'daughters'!

Happy Harvest everyone. Our harvest pics coming soon.

two heads

Veteran
It's all in!

It's all in!

Wow, one day later and so much to report. First the bad news - the Niagara Shiva is pretty weak - it was most likely dead when we harvested it.

The good news is, after a long evening's work, everything is harvested. Our original plan was to bring in the cedars site Tuesday and the swamp site on Wednesday. We were a bit alarmed to find a couple of buds damaged by mold at the cedars site. We've never had mold at this site so I got worried about leaving the swamp site another 24 hours. So while the other head hung the plants from the cedars I bolted for the swamp, arriving just before dark. I found a little mold but not too much, hopefully the 'Greencure' spray I did two weeks earlier helped. I harvested as quick as I could in the dark and by 9 pm everything was hanging!

I'll return with smoke reports, etc. but for now, here are a bunch of harvest pics:

I'm having trouble uploading the pics from the cedars so here are the pics from the swamp. I don't like using a flash but it was unavoidable!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

two heads

Veteran
And the cedars site...

And the cedars site...

The cedars site pics uploaded. Each pail had two plants like this:

picture.php

And here are some bud shots:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

L~B

dude top notch!!! some really pretty plants you got there and some great plants glad you had a good harvest!!

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
the swamps did u well this year. thats a lot to take back home.

Im suprized U an't scard about the drive home. cuz I was scard to take my 1 gorilla plant home. but Im glad I did.

cant wate to see the dry waight.

lloyd

Im in love and your weed doesnt look to bad either.. Man you guys who can grow outside have it made. I would love to have a yield that big..

two heads

Veteran
#1cheesebuds - I brought it home by bike! A very stinky backpack plus a small duffel bag strapped to my rack. I made sure I had flashing lights and a headlamp so LEO wouldn't have any reason to stop me.

For the last eleven years, our motto is "under the radar".

Styles P

i got a question when you plant in pots like that out there do you have to go water them all the time? or do you just let rain do the watering?

two heads

Veteran
Styles, this year we didn't have to water much because it was quite a wet summer. The garbage cans are quite large and still have Aquasorb in them so they are capable of going a long time between waterings. This site is near a river in an area that gets a lot of hikers and bikers so we keep water on hand by visiting at night. We carry 10 liter gas cans to the river and give each pail one full can. Then we fill them again and leave them at the site so we can return during the day later when they need more water. This year we only made two trips to the river and we have never had to make more than four trips in one grow season.

The swamp, of course, takes care of itself.

Styles P

how much does the aquasorb run? i was thinking about growing off the coast of this stream that i would have to take my bass boat to get to them. and was wondering if i should plant right in the ground or in big rubbermaid containers. i will only be able to visit maby twice a month.