What's new

98% THC Budder fact or fiction?

call it what you want

call it what you want

I can take the same strain make it into all the different textures and the only difference is flavor, not potency. this is from experience

the only thing more potent than BHO in its many forms is ABSOLUTE AMBER !!!!!! read up on that if you want the strongest

and you decarb for eating not vaporizing.

like gw and jump said decarbed oil is sticky and very dark

Of course there are different potencies of amber glass or whatever you call it. And why is "ABSOLUTE AMBER !!!!!!" not bho?? I don't need to read up on budder, I know that anything dark is overheated, just like motor oil. I'd call it anything but dark. Like a carmel twizzler, to a white or off white chewed bubble gum texture which would be the most desirable. And it has a LOT to do with what you start with. Whether or not its fresh (moist), uncured, cured, potent, weak, stemmy, anything..

If it gets dark that's from overheating it. It's not supposed to turn dark till you ingest it. I've seen co2 oil thats totally transparent like air or water. there are many different names for it, it doesn't matter what you call it. Some people know how to properly purge out all of the solvents and some people don't. This is what I make now, you can call it what you want. its stable and it comes out how i want when i want it every time.

i am interested midwest what does your oil test at? how can you say you can take any meds and make them into any potency. How do you explain the defferences in ratios of cannabinoids to each other. Could you make 90% cbd oil or 90% cbn out of your meds? because I haven't found a way to do that or i'd be curing cancer every day

:woohoo:

my bubble hash tested at 48%thc 1%cbd and 2% cbn u can look up the results online at cannatesting.com I have nothing to hide

Attachments

• oil.jpg
    oil.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 4

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
Well you're obviously high because In my post I never once stated I can make any type of potency I want where you got that I have no idea. I said bho and its many textures made from the same strain/material will show no difference in potency, only flavor! That means budder loses flavor the fastest, sap tastes overall the best, shatter retains its flavor the longest etc. This is from experience man. For example Ive taken the same sour diesel buds and made it into shatter, sap, wax, and budder theres no further refining or anything there all the same. It just depends on how I purged and or agitated the oil. Only difference in the end is flavor and how well its purged.

Ya sure different strains will produce different potencies and not only that so will different material, buds, trim, shake an so forth. But if I take the same starting material of the same strain I can make many different textures and not one is more potent than the other. Except absolute amber

I never said to read up on budder either
Absolute amber for a fact will be stronger than a raw bho concrete or oleoresin because of the waxes removed. Its simple man and no absolute amber isn't just plain jane bho it has been cleaned of plant waxes and residual butane using a second polar solvent like ethanol.
Maybe you need to RE-read my post because your posts don't make any sense buddy.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
Your oil looks great in the pics, but what your saying doesn't make much sense so I tried to shed some knowledge and I think you took it the wrong way. I don't test my oil and if you do then more power to you.

lol obviously im too :blowbubbles: to read. now answer me something since i have your ear. If you take out the wax with say a coffee filter and u made it with butane and nothing else, then why isnt that amber glass if its the right consistency?

im not trying to poke, im just in search of knowledge

Last edited:

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
Using butane to remove waxes won't work. Butane is non polar and will pick up these undesirable waxes and they will pass threw the coffee filter because they have been dissolved by the butane. After the bho has been dissolved in a polar solvent like ethanol(everclear), placed in the freezer at oF for 24-36hrs. Then refiltered threw a unbleached chlorine free coffee filter. Then you will see waxes in the filter.

Read jumps absolute amber thread........ man if I had dab for everytime I said that i'd be high for the rest of mylife.

if anybody cares the glass tested at about 70% Im happy with this, but im sure when I make it this time it will be stronger because my leaf is soo much better

Trichgnomes

using butane to remove waxes wont work. butane is non polar and will pick up these undesirable waxes and they will pass threw the coffee filter because they have been dissolved by the butane. after the bho has been dissolved in a polar solvent like ethanol(everclear), placed in the freezer at oF for 24-36hrs. then refiltered threw a unbleached chlorine free coffee filter. yes you will see waxes in the filter.

Hey midwest-

Have you ever done two runs with the same strain, frozen one extractor and left the other at room temp, then performed a ethanol winterization and secondary filtration?

My assumption would be that there are optically far less waxes in the run of frozen buds versus the room temp tube. I have made AA a bunch but I prefer a primary concrete for flavor's sake. I generally freeze my extractor before running, and IME, it significantly cuts down on the waxes and lipids that are dissolved into solution.

jump117

Veteran
My assumption would be that there are optically far less waxes in the run of frozen buds versus the room temp tube.

I also observed that, when the second run gave more wax flakes than the first.
In my opinion it happens precisely because of that the temperature rise during the manipulation between the first and second runs.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
Yes I have, many times, room temp butane or tubes make a more aggressive extraction, picking up more undesirable waxes, lipids and fats. Freezing the loaded tube and placing the butane in an icewater bath has always produced a more presitine extract with much less undesirables. This is what I used to do to make sure my equipment was very cold, but now I hear of people using dry ice packed in the tube with their material to create extremely cold temperatures, giving way to a very prestine single solvent extract.

I have not tried the dryice because I haven't had any worthy material to process lately, but I will be trying it very soon and will use this method for making raw bho, but not AA. Since AA is cleaned of these undesirables it's not needed.

Hell ya medicine man, what lab did you get it tested at? Do they test for residual solvents?

Thanks dude I got it tested at Iron Labs. They test for impurities but i'm not positive what that means. It said they found plant matter in my sample, but it was like smeared in the corner of a baggie (extenuating circumstances), so I haven't gotten a new batch tested that im confident is clean

Hey midwest-
My assumption would be that there are optically far less waxes in the run of frozen buds versus the room temp tube. I have made AA a bunch but I prefer a primary concrete for flavor's sake. I generally freeze my extractor before running, and IME, it significantly cuts down on the waxes and lipids that are dissolved into solution.

If theres less wax in the filter it would seem to me that theres less extract dissolved in the solvent, but you are saying that there will be just as much medicine extracted while not extracting as much harmful non medicinal waxes. Very interesting... Im gonna tinker with this I have a harvest coming up that due to time I have to trim wet.

All of the samples in the cannabis cup in seattle last week that were really good were in the low 70% range. It seems to me that the other 30 percent is maybe the average of terpenes that a plant has in its essential oil.

I've heard of peoples extract being 90% and over and they call it AA but IMO it cant be AA its gotta be budder (having some to most to maybe all of the terpenes cooked out) unless you find a strain that has less smell (less terpenes) and high percentage cannabanoids and somehow you can get a stronger percentage because you started with a higher ratio of medicine to terpenes

I've never heard of 98%or near specifically from somebody I know but I am trying to get there myself and if I do this is the first place im coming :thank you:

BongToke

im not expert but it seems to me some ppl are confusing BHO and Budder two completly different things.BHO is butane extracted and budder is iso extracted then i believe the process of isomerzation is applied to get it to the crazy purity.Ive made BHO and ordered budder from the budder king, the budder is waaaaaaay better, superb flavor and you need waaay less to get rippped.

"BHO" is unrefined absolute amber

absolute amber is made with a "cold" process. Anybody who makes it knows the best stuff is gold to white and the more amber it gets is how much its cooked. The key is to cook it with low heat for a long long long time

Budder is made with heat meaning you cook out the low temperature chemicals which are mostly non psychoactive and are left with a stronger concentrate which is very pliable and easy to work with and not as sticky as AA can be

jump117

Veteran
This is probably the most strange and unexpected interpretation of well-known terms BHO, AA, and budder.
It is not clear whether this is a joke, or just cognitive dissonance.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"BHO" is unrefined absolute amber

absolute amber is made with a "cold" process. Anybody who makes it knows the best stuff is gold to white and the more amber it gets is how much its cooked. The key is to cook it with low heat for a long long long time

Budder is made with heat meaning you cook out the low temperature chemicals which are mostly non psychoactive and are left with a stronger concentrate which is very pliable and easy to work with and not as sticky as AA can be

Ummmm, a perfect example of how many different interpretations there seems to be and why there is so much confusion.

Around heah, us'n' folk call BHO the oleoresin or concrete extracted using butane.

Once it has been winterized to remove the waxes, we call it an Absolute, or Absolute Amber.

Jump 117 is actually the first person I heard call a BHO absolute, Absolute Amber, or AA, but then I come from a small town and am still larning.

We make AA with various amounts of heat, and it does turn darker as it is decarboxylated.

Our AA doesn't have as much flavor as the raw oleoresin or concrete, but doesn't leave a waxy after taste, or sense of coating the mouth and lungs.

It is still damn tasty, and I personally prefer it because of the wax aftertaste and coating issue with unwinterized BHO.

We'n's have made budder by accident, or by whipping in air over low heat in the final stages of purging, but it doesn't appear to make it any more potent, just less sticky to handle.

Latest posts

Latest posts