What's new

91'chemdog

I think the Hawaiian Indica could be a possibility. It's a hybrid of Hawaiian Sativa and NL. Its clear that the skunk va 91 is a parent of Sour Diesel, but there is a sativa influence added in there.

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
I think the Hawaiian Indica could be a possibility. It's a hybrid of Hawaiian Sativa and NL. Its clear that the skunk va 91 is a parent of Sour Diesel, but there is a sativa influence added in there.

JJ reckoned the sativa influence came from DNL which is a skunk x hawaiian sativa hybrid, but if they're now saying that wasn't in the room then you're most likely right. Superskunk isn't sativa enough to change the profile of chem 91 that much I don't think, but who knows.

Peace

JJ reckoned the sativa influence came from DNL which is a skunk x hawaiian sativa hybrid, but if they're now saying that wasn't in the room then you're most likely right. Superskunk isn't sativa enough to change the profile of chem 91 that much I don't think, but who knows.

Peace
Yeah that's how I am seeing it. I just don't see the Super Skunk adding that taste/smell, or the stretch and longer flowering. Its possible, but considering the other candidates that were in the garden at the time I'm leaning towards the Hawaiian Indica the more I think about it.

ThaDocta

Veteran
@ Lambs Bread... My post wasn't directed at you personally. I was simply pointing out there is not concrete evidence to support those claims.

To be honest, I didn't remember that post at all that you put up. My apologies. If you would like more clarification why I don't think we can concrete tie in TK to Chems, I can do it via PM.

true grit

Veteran
I'm not to surprise u're with the Doc true, but u should at leastgo and read Big Ricky and Pbud post before u come tell me about "assumptions"

Not because u guys aint reading the man post, that I'm spreading false claims

Go read guys, it's out there...

Now if someone have evidences or aguments saying Big Ricky and SC or Pbud lied, then the debat is open, bring the arguments...

Peace true

Don't wanna sound like a dick because i do have respect for the cats involved, but just because they have run it for 15-20 years does not mean they made it. They may have some ties to those who found it, but assuming its pine tar or lemon thai, etc, is still guessing.

Talking to Ortega he shared kush seeds to Neville by mid-late 80's, and they were finding OG'esque phenos by late 80's in several kush seed lines. Very possible folks were already running that seed stock by then. He believes the lemon thai wasn't crossed in til early 90's to some already OG'ish plants. But that aside it was basically kush seed stock which was throwing nothing remotely close to the chem line.

NEGT1

Very random but I found a OG''esq pheno while working with some s1's of Hashberry. They have posted a back story on the cuts behind the making of Hashberry but naturally it's impossible to even verify BUT I found it interesting that an OG'esq pheno came out of it.

Who knows though. Maybe they've since started using an OG as a parent to HB since it's original creation....By og'esq I'm referring to deep leather tone but not much citrus/lemon or chem/gas

The good thing is that with modern technology breeders and growers are keeping much more detailed and open information regarding sourcing, ect.

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
@ Lambs Bread... My post wasn't directed at you personally. I was simply pointing out there is not concrete evidence to support those claims.

To be honest, I didn't remember that post at all that you put up. My apologies. If you would like more clarification why I don't think we can concrete tie in TK to Chems, I can do it via PM.

No offens taken bro, u welcome anytime :)

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
Don't wanna sound like a dick because i do have respect for the cats involved, but just because they have run it for 15-20 years does not mean they made it. They may have some ties to those who found it, but assuming its pine tar or lemon thai, etc, is still guessing.

Talking to Ortega he shared kush seeds to Neville by mid-late 80's, and they were finding OG'esque phenos by late 80's in several kush seed lines. Very possible folks were already running that seed stock by then. He believes the lemon thai wasn't crossed in til early 90's to some already OG'ish plants. But that aside it was basically kush seed stock which was throwing nothing remotely close to the chem line.

True I rspect u, u're not a dh to me.

If BR is right and if its the words of breeder than I will believes what he say. The PTK he wasn't sure about, but he clairly mentioned LT and HK.

If Neville had OG Kush in seeds in the 80's, or any other breder for that matter, then why he lost his time releasing middle grade herbs while he had the holy grial in seed form?

I read all Neville post in the Mr Nice forum board and he never claim such thing as having a OG strain but rather a Diesel like strain. He said that the smell of diesel is familliar to him from the late 80's.

Wish I had my comp, I have all those post with the date and the links to the thread.

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor
There is no way science or DNA could ever prove anything if the father plants are gone. Science can lead to some speculation on the parents, but never proof if they are gone.

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
There is no way science or DNA could ever prove anything if the father plants are gone. Science can lead to some speculation on the parents, but never proof if they are gone.

Science can prove if TK and 91 are related, if it can't now, it will sooner or later. Some are already on it.

ive never understood the chem og connection.og taste and smells like lemon pledge fuel.all the chem dog ive tried smells like bad breath and the flavor i cant describe but its nothing like any og ive tried.

true grit

Veteran
True I rspect u, u're not a dh to me.

If BR is right and if its the words of breeder than I will believes what he say. The PTK he wasn't sure about, but he clairly mentioned LT and HK.

If Neville had OG Kush in seeds in the 80's, or any other breder for that matter, then why he lost his time releasing middle grade herbs while he had the holy grial in seed form?

I read all Neville post in the Mr Nice forum board and he never claim such thing as having a OG strain but rather a Diesel like strain. He said that the smell of diesel is familliar to him from the late 80's.

Wish I had my comp, I have all those post with the date and the links to the thread.

Don't get me wrong, i didn't say they had OG kush in seed form, he said in the kush stock/crosses they were working with there were already OG'esque phenos. All it takes is one seed to find the winner, and who knows who or how many people were popping those seeds at the time. I have myself seen some of the kush4 seedstock throw some very OG looking plants, and I don't even believe thats what he considered closest to todays OG standards.

I also wouldn't say Nev has been producing middle grade herb, some of the best haze etc have come from him and Im sure many gems most have never tried.

ThaDocta

Veteran
I have a ton of respect for all the people involved in these stories.

All I am trying to do, is make sure that the things that are proven FACT, and what we THINK could have been, are differentiated. Does it make anything more true than the other in terms of the backstory or "history"? NO.

I'm simply trying to make sure that what we have substantial PROOF for, is not confused with what we are ASSUMING were the actual parental stock. Without the parental stock, or definitive lineage proof, we are just taking "educated" guesses, at best.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
True science will get u so far. Whatever the pollen doner was will never be known. .. unless u go process of elimination which could take thousands of tries... u would need to find super sk nl5 all the beans from that era n hope u find it... im just happy to of had the genetics at the right time

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
Um I know Amsterdam isn't the place to get today's elite cuts , but thy did do proper breeding , strains were way stable compared to most of todays creations... I never seen NL or super SK Hermie , but if the Hawaiian indica originated from Hi , then that could explain the slight Hermie traits in the chems sourD and og's , they all will throw bananas if over ripend... a great deal of true hawaiian strains have south east Asian genetics in them which are prone to Hermie..

Most comments on these praticular lines are assumptions..... Its a dectective game everyone has there right to there own opnions , doesn't mean you have to agree with them or put the person down by trying to correct there opinions ......

I'm still not going for the Florida tk og story's , just like the cookies line a new s1 pops every week with a new name..they can be found all over the us...

91 and sfv have a ton of similarities between them, many og's were mentioned on the farm before tk was ,
Its showed up at the time of the white , which has same name. Triangle kush....

DNA can and will prove the realshonships between the chems og's and sours and diesels.....

Pbud is a good guy and has no reason to spread bs.... His explination is solid ......

I know in some way ..Afghani leb or paki and Thai are involved some where in the line....

Really its all BS + BS. Bag Seed Bull Shit. Lol

Blaze 12

Im with mac on this to much back and forth aj said on the first interview it was a lucky loto ticket somebody cashed in ? why would he say that if it was his friend who gave it to him why wouldnt he have said that then ? chemdog said we all got it from the same place also ..i wanna know why those adam dunn shows got pulled but the rest didnt and also you would think adam dunn saved all of the shows but when you go to his site he has all of them except for those 2 in the archive he had to have them saved for himself kind fishy.. i wish i saved them somehow ...and now this is twice aj said he gave it to people and they thought it wasnt the same sour could it be that it really wasnt the same ? also there is a breeder with sensi super skunk beans going and jj got the dnl so we may see something close to sour created real soon..and for a guy who grew sour so nice and kept her so healthy for so long why would he say coconut and not coco ive never heard anybody say that... ever... ask aj more growing questions...and aj's buddy dont mind him throwing his name on it when hes really the one to find it ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts