What's new

9 Strains with a 150w Hps

Barnt

Week 4.

Got some good smells comin from the girls. Lots of variety. Lemon Venom is incredibly lemon--crazy to think its bud. Purple Urkle x Rom and OG Kush x Mendo Purps just smell of purple goodness. SD and SB are nice and sour. The Double Purple Doja x Bubba Kush pre98 is starting to turn purple but smells like pepper? Never smelled bud like that, so far can't say its desirable compared to the other strains. Purple monkey balls smells of sweetish candy fruit??? Hard to describe but it smells great. Quirkle doesn't have too much smell right now.

IMG_5746_week_4_Medium_.JPG

IMG_5748_Medium_.JPG

IMG_5749_Medium_.JPG

IMG_5750_Medium_.JPG

IMG_5752_Medium_.JPG

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Looking good man.

I hit my ladies with 1TB BB, 1tsp TB, and 1/4tsp Beastie Bloomz tonight at day 32. This was the first time with the Beastie Bloomz and I was wondering if you still could explain how you use yours in a little more detail :] I think I'm probably a week late on the Beastie, but I just picked it up the other day. I got Cha Ching to complete the line and I'll go light on it as you have advised, but when do you switch to it and stop to flush?

My plants smell of skunk, but nothing like Bubble Gum yet. I'm mighty jealous of all your strains, especially the sour varieties! I got a sour sweet tooth and its aching!

Barnt

I basically follow their schedule http://foxfarmfertilizer.com/soilfeed.pdf

Note: 5ml = 1 tsp

Last week (week 3) I fed this:
6ml grow big, 6ml tiger bloom, 10ml calmag, 12ml big bloom, 1/4tsp beastie bloomz

After this feeding I noticed a few clawed leaves and 1 leaf on 1 plant that had a few signs of burning. I couldn't imagine how fried they would be if I used 10ml of grow big and tiger bloom as they say to. Essentially, I only feed a max of 10ml, be that tiger bloom, grow big, or a combination.

So a few days ago, with week for, I gave them this feeding:
4ml grow big, 5ml tiger bloom, 12ml calmag, 12ml big bloom, 1/4tsp bestie bloomz

I backed off a bit on the grow big as I think that is probably what caused the clawing of some leaves. I haven't seen any signs of burn so far, so I think this might be the limits of my plants (or at least that 1 plant).

Depending on when you stopped adding grow big, you should have added some with your last feeding. If you fed grow big into the beginning of flower, don't give them any more. If that is the case, I would recommend using 2 tsp tiger bloom (or a little less if you want to be extra safe) with your 1/4tsp Beastie bloomz.

I am going to let my strains go 9-10 weeks so I am going to feed all the way to week 7. Following the FF schedule, that means I am done with beastie bloomz, and the next 3 feedings will be using cha ching. And as I said, its hot, so I will only use 6-7ml of Tiger Bloom with the 1/4tsp of cha ching.

Hope this helped, otherwise ask again :)

awsome grow dude got me watchin this one..i plan on getting a 150w hps so im lookin to see wat they can do and if its worth moving up from a 70w (im growing on a huge budget)

2tokes

Barnt

UPDATE!!! I hear ya guys I hear ya hehhe. I was gone last week on break, left the girls for 5 days with a big watering just before leaving. Unfortunately they got too big and even though they lasted 5 days on the previous watering, when I returned they were all wilty. I fed and watered quickly but some of the leaves did dry out and burn. None of the buds got damaged thankfully.

So week 5 pics dont exist, so I took some pics tonight. Basically all is well except the SD is showing a nice MG def. Some of the SB is as well, next watering they'll be given 15ml/gal of calmag. Been watering with 10 and thats not cutting it ha.

Lets start with the ones behind. Today they are week 4 flower.

OG Kush x Mendo Purps:
IMG_5981_OG_x_MP_Medium_.JPG

Bubblegum (I think she is about week 3 here. She delayed a little into flower since she was topped prior to being put into 12/12):
IMG_5982_Bubblegum_Medium_.JPG

The rest are at day 39, just shy of week 6.

Lemon Venom:
IMG_5980_Lenom_Venom_Medium_.JPG

Purple Monkey Balls--startin to purples:
IMG_5972_PMB_Medium_.JPG

Sour Bubble:
IMG_5976_SB_Medium_.JPG

IMG_5975_SB_Medium_.JPG

Double Purple Doja x Bubba Kush--also gettin purply:
IMG_5983_DPD_x_BK_Medium_.JPG

IMG_5984_DPD_x_BK_Medium_.JPG

Quirkle with a little leaf burn from wilted leaves...
IMG_5985_Quirkle_Medium_.JPG

OG Kush x Mendo Purps:
IMG_5987_OG_x_MP_Medium_.JPG

IMG_5990_OG_x_MP_Medium_.JPG

Purple Urkle x Romulan:
IMG_5992_PU_x_Romc_Large_.JPG

IMG_5994_PU_x_Rom_Medium_.JPG

IMG_5995_PU_x_Rom_Medium_.JPG

Sour Diesel:
IMG_5999_SD_Medium_.JPG

Some PMB with SB:
IMG_5979_Medium_.JPG

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Those ladies got me all turned on!

Great pictures as usual man.

I'll probably update with a bunch of pictures tomorrow.
They just started to pack on the bud and the frost! I'm so excited!

Really starting to pack on the buds now. Looks awesome.

Did you start these from seed or clone? If seed where did you get the seeds? Thanks.

Barnt

All were from clones.

Little off schedule on updates, oh well.

The box:
IMG_6002_Day_44_Medium_.JPG

Day 33 for these 2 guys:

OGxMP:
IMG_6017_OGxMP_Medium_.JPG

Bubblegum:
IMG_6018_Bubblegum_Medium_.JPG

Day 44 for the rest...

PU x ROM:
IMG_6003_PUxRom_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6007_PUxROM_Medium_.JPG

Sour Diesel:
IMG_6011_Sour_Diesel_Medium_.JPG

Sour Bubble:
IMG_6012_Sour_Bubble_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6024_SB_Medium_.JPG

Lemon Venom:
IMG_6014_Lemon_Venom_Medium_.JPG

PMB:
IMG_6019_PMB_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6027_PMB_Medium_.JPG

DPDxBK:
IMG_6033_DPDxBK_Medium_.JPG

Quirkle:
IMG_6037_Quirkle_Medium_.JPG

OGxMP:
IMG_6039_OGxMP_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6042_OGxMP_Medium_.JPG

Also made a lot of pics for the Stereoscopic 3D pictures in that thread like the pic below...

DPDxBK_Day_44_Large_.jpg

Squeeky

Barnt, I need your help

Barnt, I need your help

Barnt,

I apologize for posting this in your thread, however I do not have the ability to PM (if anyone knows why let me know). I have a questions about your ventilation setup. Your last post in that thread was over 3 months ago, thats why I came here.

I was curios if you are still using the lasko setup and carbon tray?

I am finishing my cabinet and purchased a lasko after seeing your thread. From someone that uses it, do you feel it moves over 100cfm? I am looking to use 330 watts of remote ballasted PL-Ls in 11 cubic feet. Do you think with your cabron setup it would still push 80 CFM on high.

Do you run yours on high or low? Also how large tray you built? The foam that you wrapped around the output, did you just tape it on, and tape it to the wall of the cab in order to make air/light tight? Are you still using rubberbands to mount the fan and how?

Basically I want to copy it identically but possible run two if need be. This think is soo much quiter then my pc fans in current cab. I want to do this right but with little noise and cost. You can't beat $15 when compared to $100 inline.

Barnt

No problem Squeeky. I still use my setup I posted. To start off, yes, even on low it pushes well over 80cfm. I've felt many computer fans that push ~40cfm and this feels much more powerful. I don't run it on high for noise reasons.

Lately I have been having a few smells issues. I am pretty sure it is because how I have the cardboard taped to seal the seams. While this isn't a horrible idea, I think that using cardboard makes it not work. I was planning on using compressed 1/4" particle board to build the fan shroud but I got lazy and decided to leave it as is for this grow.

I'm going to try and use aluminum baked tape tonight instead of packing take to hopefully make it more air tight. The other issue that could be at hand is my carbon has been used for about 4 runs. It might be time to change it out, but with only 2 weeks left I'm just using some air fresheners I bought from Safeway.

As far as the foam goes....the 1" open foam that I have right now does little to absorbing the sound. It instead helps reduce sounds from echoing. To absorb sound, a heavy dense material is needed. I have since lined the back of my cab with aluminum backed tar for roof repair (http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=154017-81326-PS625&detail=&lpage=none). This has helped the most with reducing the noise and with the re-design of the cabinet I was planning on tripple lining the room surrounding the fan. I will still use the foam to isolate the exhaust, especially since the foam significantly reduces the sounds of the fan coming through the exhaust.

I used hot glue to mount the foam to the fan, and used hot glue again to make an airtight seal with the foam to the box. I used hooks that screwed in the sealing that I then hooked rubber bands to that held up the fan. Even if one fan wasn't strong enough on high, you could easily run 2 side by side (still above the carbon) and it will create double the suction. As long as your intake was big enough it would double your cfm at nearly the same noise level.

Make the tray as big as possible. Carbon scrubbers are circular for a reason...surface area. I previously used a homemade scrubber that was 6" diameter and 16" long. That was 300 square inches of surface area. My tray is now 19" by 11" which is only 209 square inches. I previously used only one 8x8 louver, however I found that my door sucked shut easily and thus was the cause of restriction. So even by downgrading surface area, it was not the limiting factor. Since then, I now have two 8x8 louvers. I'm not exactly sure where the limiting factor is now, but everything seems to be fairly balanced.

Barnt

Day 52. Expected chop: 65 days. Yum

Double Purple Doja x Bubba Kush
IMG_6051_DPD_x_BK_Medium_.JPG

Purple Monkey Balls
IMG_6050_PMB_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6049_PMB_Medium_.JPG

Quirkle--Not too much purple now, but I know it is a purple strain. It might need that extra push with cooler temps, but my room maintains the low 70's.
IMG_6056_Quirkle_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6057_Quirkle_Medium_.JPG

Purple Urkle x Romulan--Turning out to be my favorite
IMG_6062_PU_x_ROM_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6065_PU_x_ROM_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6067_PU_x_ROM_Medium_.JPG

OG Kush x Mendo Purps--My second favorite. The aroma of the PUxROM is more pungent and is why I like it more
IMG_6069_OG_x_MP_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6071_OG_x_MP_Medium_.JPG

Lemon Venom--INSANE smell. Lemony chemically cleanery?? CRAZY!
IMG_6059_Lemon_Venom_Medium_.JPG

Bubble Gum--11 days behind
IMG_6060_BubbleGum_Medium_.JPG

Sour Bubble--Dont know why the leaves are drying up like this. They do share pots with other strains, but their partners aren't having any issues.
IMG_6072_Day_52_SB_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6073_SB_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6075_SB_Medium_.JPG

Sour Diesel:
IMG_6076_SD_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6077_SD_Medium_.JPG

Barnt

Day 59

Start off with a few group shots
IMG_6087_Day_59_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6089_Medium_.JPG

PMB
IMG_6091_PMB_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6092_PMB_Medium_.JPG

Ok, which money brought the bananas?
IMG_6094_PMB_bannana_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6096_PMB_Medium_.JPG

Purple Urkle x Romulan showing off some colors
IMG_6104_PUxROM_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6106_PUxROM_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6107_PUxROM_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6108_PUxROM_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6111_PUxROM_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6113_PUxROM_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6114_PUxROM_Medium_.JPG

OGxMP
IMG_6117_OGxMP_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6121_OGxMP_Medium_.JPG

Quirkle
IMG_6124_Quirkle_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6125_Quirkle_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6126_Quirkle_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6127_Quirkle_Medium_.JPG

DPDxMP
IMG_6129_DPDxMP_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6130_DPDxMP_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6131_DPDxMP_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6133_DPDxMP_Medium_.JPG

Barnt

I began to flush on the 2nd. They will have 2.5weeks of water before they are chopped. And the rest of the group...

Sour Bubble
IMG_6097_SB_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6098_SB_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6101_SB_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6139_SB_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6141_SB_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6140_SB_Medium_.JPG

Lemon Venom
IMG_6134_Lemon_Venom_Medium_.JPG

Sour Diesel
IMG_6142_SD_Medium_.JPG

IMG_6143_SD_Medium_.JPG

Bubble gum at week 7
IMG_6136_Bubblegum_week_7_Medium_.JPG

S

Seismic

Looking good Barnt, looks like you'll have a nice harvest, especially for a 150w.

Latest posts

Latest posts