What's new

8k Perpetual DTW Coco Medical Garden

Thanks for the props DHF. Perpetual is a lot of work but with plant #'s and weight restrictions this keeps us all around safer so we don't mind the work.

So assuming that the RH is 40% during all stages of growth couldn't I also adjust my nutrient concentration accordingly in stretch to counteract the toxicity issue? If the plant is transpiring at x rate and I cannot make environmental changes to slow transpiration then I should lower my nutrient concentration to avoid the toxicity?

Updates coming. Me and my bro were struck with a stomach virus on new years eve. Just now feeling better and we hope to get back to work this evening. Orange Jilly was harvested on sunday and 12 x Schnazzleberry # 2 were moved into bloom about a week ago. Gottta keep that train a movin..

D

DHF

Thanks for the props DHF. Perpetual is a lot of work but with plant #'s and weight restrictions this keeps us all around safer so we don't mind the work.

So assuming that the RH is 40% during all stages of growth couldn't I also adjust my nutrient concentration accordingly in stretch to counteract the toxicity issue? If the plant is transpiring at x rate and I cannot make environmental changes to slow transpiration then I should lower my nutrient concentration to avoid the toxicity?

Updates coming. Me and my bro were struck with a stomach virus on new years eve. Just now feeling better and we hope to get back to work this evening. Orange Jilly was harvested on sunday and 12 x Schnazzleberry # 2 were moved into bloom about a week ago. Gottta keep that train a movin..
Yas hit the nail on the head my buddy........Lowering ppm`s across the board since yas can`t increase RH to slow transpiration is the only choice yas have IME......so.......

I`ll be over here on my bucket waitin for updates Bro......I appreciate the time and effort put forth in the room as well as the thread......Thanks again and........

Peace...DHF......:ying:.......

turbo14

Veteran
I am about to test some plants with jack salts as well. Jack Hydro, Cal Nitrate and MOST. There are also some tweaks that people have been using with the bloom booster and epsoms. Excited!

good vibes

turbo

Mechanicals..

Mechanicals..

I'll Start the update with the mechanical stuff.

This is our reservoir room. There is a 50 Gal Brute for each set of 2 lights in the bloom room and also one for the veg room. Each connects to a digital timer. Dont mind the water we spilt it happens often! Never walk away from a running hose, as moonshine says! lol

picture.php

The pumps used to feed the drip systems are 1/4 HP sump pumps that we modified by taking the floats off. These are fitted as shown with 3/4" PVC off the pump connected to a 50 mesh filter and backflow prevention valve. The commercial hose runs into the bloom room and screws onto a 1/2" PVC manifold.

picture.php

Pics are a bit blurry but it was best I could get in the dark. The 1/2" PVC manifold runs alongside the tables. There are 2 tees per manifold with a 1/2" riser screwed into them and a 9 outlet sprinkler convertor on top, one converter per light. This gives us 9 outlets per light in case we want to run more per or have a clog. The sprinkler converter has a filter inside of it as well as one just below in the riser. Ball valve on end for clean out.

picture.php

After trying many drippers and sprayers we decided to make our own for these smaller 2 gallon pots. There is a stake with a small riser attached to a 1/4" tee. On the ends of those is another piece of riser and tee. Provides very even coverage.

picture.php

And last here is a pic of our spot cooler ac. This is a Movin Cool classic 40. It is a 39,000 btu 240v 3 phase unit. There is a 22" exhaust out of the building and a 12" cold air outlet. The cold air is connected to the intakes on both the bloom and veg room. Once the therm hits 78-80 it kicks on. Surprisingly it is very efficient to run and did not cost as much as we though it would through out the summer. Cycled on every 30 min or so.

picture.php

Plant update

Plant update

Here are things as of 1/03.

First some veg shots. We run 1 x 12 bulb Quanttum T5 and 2 x 400w MH with Hortilux Eye Blue bulbs. Plants start under the T5 in 4" square pots. These are ready to be transplanted to 2 gal smart pots. Sour Bubble & Sour Strawberry Kush.

picture.php

Next they move under the MH with 6 plants per 400w. This is the size we take them to before they move over into the bloom room. Generally 2 - 3 week in each of these phases depending on strain/scheduling. 6 x Sour Strawberry Kush on the left and 6 x LVPK on the right. These went into bloom yesterday.

picture.php

These 12 x Schnazzleberry # 2 are on day 14 here. On this side of the room we have the pots sitting in our old RDWC bucket to catch run off with the drip manifold along the floor. We grow larger plants on this side and have a larger canopy than the table side. Back 6 are in the buckets front 6 are on the floor as we didn't have them all in yet.

picture.php

picture.php

Here are the Casey Jones and Skywalker OG at day 30. This Skywalker is from seeds I got in Cali in 2008. Had 5 these are the last 2 females 3 of each. Casey back light SWOG front light.

picture.php

SWOG

picture.php

picture.php

Casey

picture.php

Adrift

Veteran
looking killer! love the automated watering, i need to do that myself! getting tired of hand watering, lol

:joint:

props buddy!

Sour Bub

Sour Bub

And my favorite for last. Sour Bubble Day 54. These seeds were the original reason for the trip to Cali in 2008. BOG was gone from the boards for a few years. I heard Harbourside had a few packs left so I flew to my buds in LA and we drove up to Oakland. This is the keeper I have had since. Ran some BX4 packs when BOG returned and didn't find anything interesting. We have high hopes for the new BX2 & BX3 packs we got though!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for all the kind words guys we appreciate the support!

:tiphat:

looking killer! love the automated watering, i need to do that myself! getting tired of hand watering, lol

:joint:

props buddy!

Thanks bro that Rugburn and Banner # 3 aint too shabby either! lol

Hit me up in PM if you need a hand getting the drip system parts together. Its easy and you AND your plants will love it!

I am about to test some plants with jack salts as well. Jack Hydro, Cal Nitrate and MOST. There are also some tweaks that people have been using with the bloom booster and epsoms. Excited!

good vibes

turbo

Hey Turbo!

Check back and keep me posted! Ive seen and heard great things so I am hoping the switch will go without a hiccup. The more info we can gather from one another here the better.

D

DHF

I love it when folks that`re dedicated to bottomline yields throw up "BlueLab" Truncheons as evidence of cola size.....Attention to detail and quality equipment means everything.....

Respect.....DHF......:ying:......

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
I love it when folks that`re dedicated to bottomline yields throw up "BlueLab" Truncheons as evidence of cola size.....Attention to detail and quality equipment means everything.....

Respect.....DHF......:ying:......
Yeah I got one, no calibrating! :D Also have their new pH pen.

hobb3s93

Thanks bro that Rugburn and Banner # 3 aint too shabby either! lol

Hit me up in PM if you need a hand getting the drip system parts together. Its easy and you AND your plants will love it!

damn BT loving the irrigation set up, im getting tired of my hydrofarm hose with dripper tubes stuck in it. i got two per 3gal smart pot of coco but i still hand water every other day to completly saturate them. can i find that multi dripper connect at home depot?( the one in the picture with ball valve) :thank you:

burns1n209

damn BT loving the irrigation set up, im getting tired of my hydrofarm hose with dripper tubes stuck in it. i got two per 3gal smart pot of coco but i still hand water every other day to completly saturate them. can i find that multi dripper connect at home depot?( the one in the picture with ball valve) :thank you:

Ya HD has them in all sizes from 2 drippers to 4, 6 and 8. They also have one that you can control the flow to each drip line, it has some small screws on top to dial down or up

These ones are off the shelf from lowes. This is the 3rd one that we have tried and its the best. The top portion unscrews revealing a sediment filter. It also comes with an additional filter to go in the riser below it. These also have the highest flow rate and clog the least(which is rarely with this one). Each outlet is adjustable if need be 9 in total.

Here is the link to the sprinkler converter:

http://secured.misterlandscaper.com/products/262-drip-irrigation-fitting-retrofit-adapter-pvc-riser-attachment-outlets-.aspx

And you will also want the backflow prevention and sediment filter for the pump:

http://secured.misterlandscaper.com/products/311-drip-irrigation-filter-50-mesh-in-line-34in.aspx

http://secured.misterlandscaper.com/products/299-drip-irrigation-back-flow-preventer-34in-faucet-attach.aspx

Hope that helps.

BigGreen

Veteran
Nice grow
Im just starting to dabble with coco and so far it been a bitch but I think I have her all figured out
Ill be watching keep it up nice work

Nice grow
Im just starting to dabble with coco and so far it been a bitch but I think I have her all figured out
Ill be watching keep it up nice work

Thanks BigGreen!

I switched from RDWC myself. We watched 2 x 8 site systems be taken over by root rot around 2 weeks in bloom. Depressing to say the least lol. After that we wanted something with consistency but faster and better yielding than organic soil. Coco did the trick.

Zumie

how long did you veg in the 2-gallon smarties? Also did you do any topping of them? trying to gauge space needs and time before I flip