What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$89.00 for a pack, plus ID req'd

amanda88

PM.jpg

I remember years ago peering over my uncles shoulder, who was on ICMAG at the time, cursing a members post, claiming Marlboro was going to sell joints, he was screaming mad and so were other icmag members at the time, my uncles long passed away, and I'm still mad that corporations can be that 'free' ...heres the update:

Washington, Oregon, Colorado and Alaska residents are celebrating the release of Phillip Morris Marlboro ‘M’ Brand Marijuana Cigarettes available next month for recreational use. The world’s largest cigarette producer, announced today that they will join the recreational marijuana bandwagon and begin the sale of marijuana cigarettes in these 4 U.S. states beginning November 1, 2015.

This product is marketed under the brand “Marlboro M” and will be available for sale through marijuana licensed outlets. Serafin Norcik, Philip Morris’ Senior Vice President for marketing said in an interview, “Our company has been high on the idea for marketing cannabis and has been monitoring the market for some time. We have finally made the decision to take the leap and support these states in their right to legalized recreational marijuana use.”
Currently the law limits the purchase to only one pack at a time. Prices start at $89 per pack. You must be 21 years or older to purchase and must provide a photo ID. Any resale of the Philip Morris Marlboro “M” Brand Marijuana cigarettes is subject to fines and jail time according to local laws.
http://preventions.co/marlboro-m-brand-marijuana-cigarettes-now-for-sale-in-four-u-s-states/

lawlrus

Last edited:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I don't like Marlboros ,,when I smoked ciggies I was a Winston guy.....yeehaw...I am sure they are in the game just using another corporation to disguise their presence in the market....yeehaw

Ya what giggle embarasaid

See nowdays they'd come in buy up hella land and pay local authorities to go after the little guys while they grow sour diesel and ship it to the space station. It's already over.

Oneness has been achieved.

dddaver

Veteran
Ingrid Bergman from when she was young, cool. Don't worry about it at all, or feel stupid or something. That story has fooled a lot of people and is probably mostly true anyway. And if not now...coming soon to your neighborhood Walmart. :biggrin:

amanda88

whether its Marlboro or Monsanto, how does one prevent these huge corporations taking over our plant?

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
^^... I don't believe we can prevent it - it comes automatic with legalization and regulation.

The very most I would hope for is the right to grow a few plants for personal use, hopefully!:tiphat:

Betterhaff

Veteran
I would think Monsanto and likes would be more interested in the Hemp market, it more fits their Ag profile. And possibly medical yet knowing how they operate they might go after it all. Philip Morris and the likes would probably go after the Rec market and possibly medical as they are more consumer brand oriented with the marketing and placement already.

I would bet they both have their fingers in it by now especially with what’s happening on the legalization front.

amanda88

Yes and thank you, the 'Joke' is just as effective back in the 70's as it is now,
The point being, Cannabis is a free plant, one cannot trademark this particular plant anymore than you may trade mark a weed in your garden, I get my cannabis(THC improved) seeds from the community, whats to stop 'Daddy Greenbacks' and his money from totally exploiting this plant, taking the hard earned work then selling it on, ..perhaps a new term ...Seed Piracy?

dddaver

Veteran
I'm sure Monsanto is spending money on research on how to insert some beneficial gene into cannabis seeds that will then make any plant that has that gene, theirs. So by that they have those patented living organisms, just like the US Supreme Court fucked up and allowed, spreading pollen all over. Then with this recent legalization push and everybody just growing plants outdoors, that patented gene accidentally gets cross pollinated into somebody's weed. Then Monsanto sues everybody for patent infringement, just like Monsanto did for corn.

Therefor, all big-time growers should stick to greenhouses in my opinion, so that action will pretty much nip that big revenue source of Monsanto in the bud...pun intended. :biggrin:

But that's only one of the moneyed interests thwarted. Shits gonnna get real.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
..... and speaking of Monsanto..... about a year ago I watched a really good "feel good" special on Al Jazera America on Monsanto's current breeding practices.

They showed a hugh, fast-moving automated machine transporting hundreds of individual seeds along a conveyor belt while an instrument above shaved off a miniscule sliver of the seed coat of each.

After the DNA analysis the only seeds they had to grow out were the ones that they already knew contained the DNA for the traits they desired.

Theoretically, Monsanto already has the capability to put current cannabis breeders out of business by buying and using their strains, easily selecting the genes they want to breed and creating (and patenting!) a superior product.

Technology is the wave of the future and traditional breeders will be squeezed out by faster, more modern methods.

...... of course, if these new, modern breeds remain unavailable to the public the traditional breeders will always have a place in the underground - back to the future.:tiphat:

Legalization's gonna be interesting for sure.

dddaver

Veteran
I really wish I could remember the name of this one documentry, it is where alot of old farmers get interviewed...the whole documentry is about plant seeds. They discuss how originally they all shared seeds..kept the local seeds going..never had issues...then monsato came in and gave them special seeds and nutrients...

The seeds mess up if you try to make offsprings...which means you have to buy directly from monsato..and there was discussion on the nutrients...I forget how they said it exactly but they said once they use one crop with the nutrients...the offspring from their seeds could not do well without those nutrients being used again..he said it was like when you use nutrients on local plants the plants become like drug addicts....eventually the farmers was taking out mortages just to keep their crops going by paying monsato....many farmers lost their farms. So now those farmers are working on a effort to bring back their area's original seeds.

One of the best documentries I ever seen on the subject. I know the name has "seeds" in it.

Here is one pretty good one, but is not the one I am trying to remember

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZtKB_KuASc

Here is another good one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoKmiCCMmNg

I think I saw the one you are talking about but I thought it was just a 60 Minutes report or something.

Latest posts

Latest posts