What's new

860 watt Ceramic Metal Halide raw bulbs vert

Hey Avinash I use 3 of these bulbs , two in luxor vert hoods, and one in an og vert hood. Def produce better than my 1000 watt hps ever did in my experience. And i ran those for years....Anyways nice thread as i never grown straight vert style. my question is have you ever tested your watt draw using the switchable mag ballast? Mine on a kill-a-watt meter ran up 1060 watts! I was glad I checked and lucky the bulb never messed up...Just curious if you had ever checked. I now use the philips advance mag ballast and they draw spot on at 860-867

Ttystikk

Hey Avinash I use 3 of these bulbs , two in luxor vert hoods, and one in an og vert hood. Def produce better than my 1000 watt hps ever did in my experience. And i ran those for years....Anyways nice thread as i never grown straight vert style. my question is have you ever tested your watt draw using the switchable mag ballast? Mine on a kill-a-watt meter ran up 1060 watts! I was glad I checked and lucky the bulb never messed up...Just curious if you had ever checked. I now use the philips advance mag ballast and they draw spot on at 860-867

I'll bet your yields go to shit now that your watts came down to spec. Mine aren't that great and they're better with HPS thouies.

I'll bet your yields go to shit now that your watts came down to spec. Mine aren't that great and they're better with HPS thouies.

Not sure if that was meant to be an insult? but nooo not the case at all. 6 week veg from root and with co2 enrichment /heavy 16 nutes I get 8-9 a plant in 7 gal coco pots. 8 plants in a 6x12 with the 3 860's. I'm NOT a cmh fanboy either if you "read" my post I ran hps 1000 for years before switching over.....but if thats what i get for posting here I guess ill go back to growing and NOT posting on forums....

Scrappy-doo

Pretty sure he meant that he expects your yields to go down since you dropped 200 watts with the new ballast.

Interesting thread I'd love to find out how these are doing for you. I just put in an order for 3 x 315 setups.

Pretty sure he meant that he expects your yields to go down since you dropped 200 watts with the new ballast.

Interesting thread I'd love to find out how these are doing for you. I just put in an order for 3 x 315 setups.

I know where he was going with it, but thats not how I approach people , but thats just me.....I also have 2 315 watt set ups and done right they can def match or surpass a 600- 1000 watt hps. Now with 3 315 i think you will do very well. Just keep canopy management tight with many tops and a shorter structure as they obv don't have the penetration as the bigger lights. Good luck Scrappy-doo

Ttystikk

I know where he was going with it, but thats not how I approach people , but thats just me.....I also have 2 315 watt set ups and done right they can def match or surpass a 600- 1000 watt hps. Now with 3 315 i think you will do very well. Just keep canopy management tight with many tops and a shorter structure as they obv don't have the penetration as the bigger lights. Good luck Scrappy-doo

I've had people tell me to use as many as six of these to replace two HPS thouies. I'm on record in this thread with my disappointing results from 860W CDM lighting.

nr nodes

I've had people tell me to use as many as six of these to replace two HPS thouies. I'm on record in this thread with my disappointing results from 860W CDM lighting.
I think the discrepancies here are in the expectations, rather than with the equipment. Thanks for taking one for the team so to speak.

Latest posts

Latest posts