What's new

7k, upgradable to 17k, MPB kush room

mikeross

^^^^ thanks man appreciated the comments. Yes I did research a lot before starting this build... over 6 months of daily reading and planning. The setup changed a lot from the original design/layout. I was blessed that there were so many members in the mpb forum on the farm who have so much documented journals. I think any mistake they made I learned from... truly a blessing that these guys documented their findings good or bad.

The strain is purple kush and this cut is a very slow vegger, has very little strech I was told. To aid in the stretch I did give them sensi grow for the first week of bloom. I also hit them with full strength bud blood, thus the early bud development.

To be honest though I think I had something to do with the lack of vertical height. My noobness decided to supercrop these girls not once but twice... it probably robbed me of at least 6-12" of vertical height. I know realize that the vertical lighting is all I need to aid with side branching and supercropping is a waste in my situation. I also burned the shit out of this girls doing my first ever foliar spray with the lights on. They have bounced back though and look great.

I learned from my mistakes this first round and 100% sure I will do noticeably better the next.

My buddy told me to try and lessen the temp difference from night and day to help aid in stretch. Have you heard anything about this... it makes sense to me though. Buddy also told me to up my humidity to 65-70% in veg all the way up to the end of stretch. I was keeping my humidity at around 45-55% but allowed it to raise to 65% as of yesterday.

thanks again for the info

D

DHF

Rule # 1 with bare bulbs.....leave the plants alone........They bush out anyways......Raise the bulbs and get all the stretch out those indica dominant bitch hybrids yas can get.......

Keepin RH at 70% through end of stretch is `ol krusty rule # 1 for optimum explosive foliage growth before budset and swellage.....

Feel blessed you`re able to keep it at 45-50% cuz you`re gonna need it in late flower along with major airflow and extraction unless you`re runnin a sealed room w/CO2 .....

Never ran a sealed room but hope you`ve got ample air movement to prevent nasties in late bloomage with all that biomass......relative humidity can get out of control when they`re drinkin and swellin like a mofo come late bloomage....but....I think yer killin it Bro........Just stay on top of things.....

And yeah......I`ve read that lights on and lights off temps kept as close together as possible aids in stretch.......Not sure I`m goin for it , but it`s been queried and pondered for many a yr at all the dead forums......

Little to no stretch means indy dom to the max , so where you`re gonna pull your yields from is sideways growth on the PK , so drop the lights down amongst em and clear out all the sucker and inside growth flarf for sideways lumen penetration into the canopies......You`ll be happy with lil ta no popcorn.....

Saw you were bitchin bout the root mass on the plants not gettin 3 light minimum coverage.....

Never was a better setup than 4 50/50 sat/indy hybrid plants in a 10 x 10 room diamond shape with 5 lights in an "X" pattern with walls and ceilings covered in reflectix....Did 2 1/2 lbers for over 8 yrs , but the system was a pain in the ass....

All else suffers and you know the one`s with 4 sided coverage speak for themselves in big rooms.......I`m tickled with the size of your plants this early and the veg time was relatively short as well.......but those aren`t 1 lb plants........I hope they`re 2 lber`s and maybe they`ll swell like a mofo...

With your attention to detail and all the fuckups you know about from the farm after Doubled`s bailed , I think you`ll do well...

Heath and I went through months of DD`s threads pitchin about his setup bein all that at HG back yrs ago....We quickly made him aware of the flaws and he knew goin in that no setup`s bulletproof , but IMHO that fucker was gonna market it as such from the get.......so...where`d he go and why ain`t it on the market as told a yr ago ?.....

I saw Texas Kid never fell fer none of his shit at farmer and took all of it with a grain of salt........even went so far as ta say fuck buildin a setup......gimme the undercurrents out the box......

I like the undercurrent for simplicity as far as a manufactured retail setup goes......Less is more........Keep it simple.....

Any hopped up fast hydro setup has to be constantly monitored for optimum production , cuz crop failure can happen in a matter of REAL QUICK as you`ve witnessed first hand from threads at farmer after Doubled`s went MIA..............

I think yas gotcher bases covered.....Onward and upward my buddy.......

Take care and holler if I can help.......DHF.......:ying:......

looking god mikeross. is this sr-71's purple kush?

you are doing an excellent job it's almost hard to believe that you are new to this.

I can't wait to see your deep flo pics when they start to show color

keep it up

mikeross

Wow man dont know what to say... again thanks for the amazing reply. Some very interesting stuff fo sho. I love reading about you OG members reminising about the times and disscussion you had on those forums. Growing was not even on my mind when these forums exisited lol. I can't even imagine the amount of info that has been lost. I imagine guys like you, krusty, JK, dd ect all having great discussions. Whats humourous to me is all the different personalities in the disscussion. I have read about some of the personalities of these guys and it must of been totally entertaining way back then compared to what these forums are like today.

Were there still tons of trolls and bullshitters back in the day lol? I am sure there were, but was it as bad as these forums are today?

You really think that these plants look bigger than 1#... did I read that right. Man if I get 1/2 per I would be plenty happy.
If I hit 1# per plant I might have to scale down the system
:laughing:

I have never taken any members yeild numbers to seriously. I always knock off about 20%... sound about right lol. I know a lot post legit number but most dont. I come to this conclusion given the pissing matches that always errupt in any thread thats worth reading... all my opinion of course.

The room is sealed and room temps are anywhere from 82-85 depending on where in the room the meter is. I have to 70pint forest air dehumidifiers. The 2 together waste more power than 1 sante fe classic which is on my list to buy when I expand the room. I got a 3 fan chiller blow air up ton and 3 16" floor fans. I can feel a breeze anywhere I stand in the room. Now its not anything strong but you can feel the air is moving everywhere in the room.

What did ever happend to dd and his system. Around the time I found the mpb forum at the farm he would post maybe once every other week. In the last couple months I dont think he has ever posted... I am not sure if he is even a mod over there anymore. He's a cool guy in my books, can't say I would be where I am now this quickly if it wasnt for the DD mpb forum.

Those UC look bomb just for easy of setup and just the mechanics of the system. I was told by my local store that they are planning a 20+gal uc tank as well as staggered layout for optimal vertical lighting layout hehe. I know you can build them yourself pretty easy but man is it every nice to just go buy a quality system like that and just set it up. It was a pain in the ass building this room all alone.

I am day 13 of bloom and I have the bulbs in the so called sweet spot... the middle of the bulb is at the middle of the plant. I assume thats the proper height to set the bulbs when the stretch is up. Anyways, should I raise the light still to induce more stretch or should I just leave them where they are not and implement the changes for the next round.

I have been reading tons and tons of post last couple months. I learned more in your last 2 post then I have all month. I know most of this stuff is common knowledge to people but to a guy like me its the first time hearing this stuff. You can imagine how much I value members like yours opinions.

So with your past experience what was a good mix of yeild and potency that you grew out?

again thanks bro

mikeross

looking god mikeross. is this sr-71's purple kush?

you are doing an excellent job it's almost hard to believe that you are new to this.

I can't wait to see your deep flo pics when they start to show color

keep it up

Thanks bro... If you saw some of the post I made as little as 6 months ago you would know I am a noob. Ask lazyman how many noob questions I was asking him 6 months ago. The only thing I was sure of back then was doing a veritcal grow. I was set on doing multiples of heath robinson flood tube design until I realized what its going to take to fill those units. I have never cloned a plant before in my life hehe and we all know how many plants heaths flood tube requires...was planning on building 8 units.

I just recently moved back home to canada but was playing with the idea of moving to the east coast to grow. I made a couple noob post in the f.u.c.k.e.m members thread and these dudes called me out and pushed me out of the discussion... if I was ever in it to begin with.

we had 2 4x8 beds with 2 600's on a light mover over each stable... very similar to stoney*** table setup. Boy do I now realize a couple things we were doing wrong. My friend has probably never turned on a computer his entire life. Everything he knows was taught to him or self-taught.

Its a local biker cut of purple kush. I have seen it in full bloom and it doesn't really look like any of the pk photos I see online. It looks like a better yielder then all the other pk photos I have seen. Its smokes real nice but I have no other PK to compare it to.

Last edited:

mikeross

Again man thanks for the replies and I am going to make sure to keep up with my updates to keep you interested lol. I am actually kinda getting tired of these kush strains and have been searching for this old hashplant cut I use to love to smoke back in the day.

Mistress thanks for the links, I am only halfway through a krusty bucket thread but will check each one of those link when I got the time. I dont usually jump around the forum to much. I find a thread that holds my attention then search for another one when I am done reading it.

Being such a noob you could imagine how exicted I was to find the mpb forum. I was stocked not only the fact that I fully comprehended the system but also the fact the dd was always around to help people out. DD is not around anymore but left enough info for people to build the system and info to solve issues that may arrise. In all honesty is was this cat dizzle who really answered a lot of my questions. He may not realize it but his speedy replies to post and all his documentation is what made me make this big of a jump.

Mistress, I actually got a pm about you after you posted a link of a hempy or krusty bucket build in my MPB thread... just a warning about you I guess from some random member. I have seen you do this in other dwc threads and it gives me a chuckle... I have no idea why people get so but hurt by it lol. Being so green to the game I always came across people knocking these older bucket designs so I just overlooked them thinking they were old technology and focused my studies on mpbs. Boy was I wrong and now can't stand people knocking these older system. It makes me wonder if I would have setup a MPB grow knowing what I do know. again thanks for the links gonna check em out.

bussibud

Great read tagged for sure! I was just thinking bare bulb krusty bucket system. With trees like yours the sky would literally be the limit.

mikeross

room looks tits dude.But why not 5 gal home depot buckets? with the tomato cages? any looks killers keep it up.

Show me a picture of a 2-4lbs plant grown in a 5 gallon container?

I am incorporating 10 purple kush plants in 5 gallon hempy buckets for round 2 so I will show you what I mean. I probably would get a 1/4 in these 5 gallon buckets compared to what I will yield in 27 gallon buckets.

down2grow

Damn!!!! I hardly ever come into the hydro section, but seeing your thread & Heath's trees I'm going to be a regular. I'm in a legal med state and thinking about a RDWC build now to maximize my plant numbers. So much to learn as I'm a noob myslef. Only got 2 runs in coco at the moment. Thanks and I'll be watching!

D2G

Lone Wolf

Veteran

thhere are 7lbpants being grown in 13gal buckets

photo credit to JACKMARHOFER from another forum.... each bucket yielded over 7lbs... WOW

mikeross

Bro those plants look like 1-1.5 pound plants at best... If that's a 7lb plant per bucket I guess my plants are about 10 pounders lol.

If I remember correctly I believe jacks largest girl thus far was 2.5... With that said I don't think anyone has grown 7 pound indoor plants.

Lone Wolf

Veteran
mikeross, you are right with the 2.5 .... i have no idea why i was thinking 7.... :tongue: ... been on a bubble hash bender so Im pretty sure is has reduced my brain capacity to that of a 7 year old... :gaga:

perhaps the dumbest post of mine EVER! :1help:

Lone Wolf -> :pointlaug <-icmaggers

:laughing:

I will not edit my post and I'll take the embarrassment like a MAN...:whiteflag:

i know SOMEWHERE i was reading about somebody hitting the 7lb mark with an undercurrent style setup....not sure how big the buckets were though... :snap out of it:

or maybe i never saw his final numbers when i read the thread and counted the colas on the plant on the one side and figured the same amount were on the other side and i figuerd that each nug was atleast a half oz dry weight... so i did some quick math and my math figured about 7lbs... but truthfullw, idk whhaattttttttttttttt i was thinking....

mikeross

No worries bro... I honestly thought it was a typo when I first read it hehe.

There are many guys on here claiming big numbers... can't believe everything you read on the internet.;)