What's new

75% Failure Rate on My Nirvana Bubblelicious, What About You?

WelderDan

Veteran
I've run ~15 packs of various Nirvana beans over the years, 2 packs Bubblelicious as I recall. I always had 100% germ rates from seeds started right away. The only time I had germ issues was if I saved back a few and didn't run them for a year or more. And I'm pretty sure it was just a matter of my poor seed storage, as every seed germed in the original run.

I haven't run any Nirvana beans in the last 2-3 years, but my previous experience with Nirvana germ rates was 100% with newly purchased beans.

Sorry about your bad luck. There are so many things that can affect germination, it would be hard to pin it on any one thing unless you drastically changed your germ method, and most people don't once they find one that works for them. At least Nirvana beans are reasonably priced and easily replaced. It's not like you blew $150 on some DJ Short gear and got hosed.

I

Iron_Lion

puppies, kitties you can tickle on the tummy, fluffy clouds in a blue sky, rainbows in the mist of a waterfall.

think happy thoughts Iron Lion. I forgive you.

You're one turd thats hard to flush.

gdtrfb

have you seen my lighter?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you could pop the sexual tension with a spork.

i dunno about the drama, but i picked up a pack of nirvana bubblelicious when the prices dropped - i figured it was clearance of old(er) stock.

haven't popped mine yet, but if they all fail....really, i've spent more on a meal for two in an establishment that hucks food out of a window at you as you drive thru.

*Lola*

flaming is prohibited.

Stop flaming please Vag Puncher and Iron Lion.

The Topic is GERMINATION of Nirvana Bubblicious.

eat%20popcorn.gif

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys not so nice to pick on the new gal,,,, :)

We all had problems with seeds before, and if 75 % failure from an experienced grower, im pretty sure its the seed's that got problems

cheers,
red.

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trading is prohibited.

Please stop trading Lola.

The topic is GERMINATION, not seed trades .

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the germ rates for last germ run that I had.
3/3 Pine Tar Kush (tomhill) popped
3/3 Sourbubble (420BeanCo)
4/5 Blueberry (DJShort)
2/10 Bubblicious (Nirvana)
8/8 Cali Orange x SB (420 Bean Co)
5/5 True Blueberry (DJ Short)
4/4 AK 48 (Nirvana)

so since I usually have 99-100% germ rates with methods I use, when I get a pack that won't pop tails, just sits there and do nothing, it is time to ask the multitudes and see who is having trouble.

Personally, I would appreciate a warning on a potential problem even were I a breeder :D

Mark my words, this batch has germination issues!

if i had sown all those seeds at the same time and in the same conditions, and had those results, i would also be asking questions about the bubblicious.

of course it could be something to do with what happened to the seeds in transit to the grower rather than a bad batch - but i guess thats why you ask the question...

VG :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts