What's new

70w or 150w hps stealth cab

Jam Master Jaco said:
What are the dimensions of the cab that you got?

1ft deep x 2 ft wide and a little over 2 ft high

mtnjohn said:
there are sveral ways of light-proofing your grow. one way would be to build a frame inside your cab(you could use some doorstop trim), encircling the perimeter and have a second door of say, 1/4 plywood , that just snugs in between the outer door and the frame inside . you could use weatherstripping to complete the seal.
.....just off the top of my head

i was thinking of doing this but i have limited space as it is but i may be doing this if i can't find anything else to do

I've decided to change my lighting design slighty im gonna get the 150 watt from econo light, remote ballast it, but im gonna mount the light to a board i place inside the top front of the cabinet so then i can have my computer fan i just wired sucking air right off the bulb ill use the reflector that comes with the light and just screw it to the top of the cab above the bulb. My lightning system won't be adujstable but after seen pipedreams cab be so succesful thats how i'm going to do it. I have a computer fan i took out of a power supply wired to a 7.5 volt adapter and it seems plenty strong , it holds a peice of paper to its grill when its on. Sorry for no pics ill try to get some soon. I think once i get to the flowering stage i will pickup another 150watt hps or 100 watts of cfls and buy these fans to cool them with
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811999344
I've decided against swc because im lazy and instead will use a mix of peatmoss and perlite with advanced nutrients sensi grow part a+b i still plan to scrog but i think i will use twine attached to screws for my screen cause i dont want to waste any space. I think i got light proofing the door figured out i just gotta make some cuts and glue.

R

Reinhold

yeah Im wondering as well cause I got a 70 watt hps anyone got any links to yields with a 70 watter>? thanks

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=34652

70w HPS PC case grow, yielded 21.5 grams. You've got some more space to work with, you might be able to get a full oz out of it if you do things right. I know for me, that would probably last the time it takes to grow another harvest. Most other people here... probably not.

If you go with a 70w, you'll have about 35 watts/sq.ft. and if you go with the 150w, you'd have 75watts/sq.ft. Obviously, the 150w would be able to give you higher yields, but that's only if you can keep temperatures in line. I'm going to be growing in a cabinet starting in about a week. The inside dimensions are 28"h, 26"w, and 17"d. It works out to be 3.06 sq ft, so it's right on the 50w/sq.ft, and there's a total of 7.16 cubic feet in there. I plan on using two 86.5 CFM fans pulling through some carbon scrubbers.

Hopefully I'll have enough ventilation, that's the main thing I'm worried about. From what I've seen and read, your ventilation can make or break your grow.

R

Reinhold

yeah and ventilation would be a problem with me so I guess its a good thing I got a 70 watt. Nowaday Im too busy so an OZ would probably last me till next harvest considering its my own personal stash which is all I want it to be thanks for the help. Also what would be the best way to optimize yields with two plants? SCROG is what I was thinking? Thanks

Last edited:
How long should i wait for until i switch to flowering?? my plants are about a week old and about 2 inches tall but havnt sprouted their second leaves yet i think i shoulda waited for more roots to comeout before i put into the soiless mix. Also should the rockwool be complety covered with soil or let the top stickout a little bit?

If anyone knows a site that sells cheap nutrients and fans please post it.

R

Reinhold

hey crackaddict I'm in the same boat as you, but what I'm going to do is wait till the stems are a little sturdy then put them in my swc unit. Cause I know if I took my two seedlings from the soil and put them in the unit theyd simply fall over cause their still so young but your also using a different medium so I think as long as your plants can remain upright put them in when you will. Good luck.