What's new

70w HPS Micro Hydro SCROG Grow + Stealth Cab Build

70wDreams

Hey gang!

Its been a while since my last check in. The holidaze and laziness have been in full swing.

What I've realized and done in these few weeks:

-The grow's herb is cured and I have been enjoying it.

-Have taken down the 3x70w HPS fixture and moved the two outer lights inward by about 8". It's hanging back up and the improvement is dramatic. Light is much more condensed and focused directly over the growing bed. I should have done a before and after shot - I may shop one up later.

-have been cleaning the hydroton / expanded clay pellets. Wow. I didn't realize how huge of a task this was going to be. I am never going to fill a gowing bed with them again. It's just too much of a pain to sift through all the rocks to try to remove the roots.

I don't know how you guys clean 40+ LBs of Hydroton, but I've been filling up a 4" net pot about 1/2 full and swooshing that around in a bucket of water until most of the roots and debris fall off, then I boil the clean rocks to sanitize them, then dry them in the oven. It's a long process, but it keeps the house warm, and I'm left with clean, dry, sanitized hydroton.

This next grow will use the same 4" net pots filled with hydroton, but they will sit on the bottom of the tray and won't be surrounded by hydroton. I've already lowered the spillover level, so there should only be about 1/2" water in the tray max. This should also allow me to keep the same reservoir -- I was strongly considering upgrading to a larger size, but reducing the water level in the tray will keep more water in the reservoir.

-I want to raise the whole table by about 2-3" and totally level it. This will make accessing the reservoir much easier.

Took 20 clones on Jan 1, but I think some might be too small to take root.

70wDreams

tying up this thread...

tying up this thread...

Well, because this crazy train derailed from the original thought of a 70w tiny grow to this closet thing... I wanted conclude this thread the right way...

picture.php

Here are the harvest shots of the 70w x 3, 1.5' x 4' Ebb & Flood Table:

All 6 Indicas

picture.php

one of the two sativas

picture.php

I just loved how the stems turn from brown to green here =) this is just a closer shot of some of the sativas

picture.php

the top row are the sativa buds and everything else is the indica bud

picture.php

I wrote the final weigh in down somewhere, but...

So, I think there were about 1/4 oz sativa buds and maybe 1.5 oz of indica.

Honestly, after the learning curve of hydro and this wattage of lights spaced out like they were, not terrible results. Its just funny how the top of the tiny box produced more weight per sq ft than this did, less wattage, less care...

as for the next adventure...

I moved the two outer lights inward by about 6", but i've disassembled the fixture because I don't think its enough... and I also picked up a NEW TOY!!!

600w HPS iPower Digital Ballast, dimmable to 75% and 50%
and a cool tube!
and an 8" fan!

so, I'll have to work on the exhaust a bit... hopefully this closet can handle it. I may never run it at 600, but at 300 it'll be more intense than these 3x70s.

Also... FUCK BEDS OF HYDROTON. it took days to sanitize and clean all that.

I cleaned out the table and, now, there are 17 clones in 4" netts that just sit on the bottom of the table. And one sheet of black plastic that all the clones just pop up through. I'd post a photo later when I make a new album because this one is full.

5th

Veteran
Make sure to bump this thread with the link to the new project...congrats on the harvey. :tiphat: