What's new

6xSuper lemon haze/scrog/coco/2x250w

bedanc

Hey guys sorry for opening new thread but i didn't find anything similar to my grow so i opened it.

First of all pictures
aLp2T.jpg

Here you can se the whole canopy the net is 95x95cm. There are 4 plants that that are pretty same in size and the other 2 plants that germinated few days later and are much more indica like. The smallest one has some weird ass mutation which results in being very bushy and having really curvy leaves.

PUqky.jpg

lightning and ventilation, now in veg i only have one 250w light and i'll add second one in flowering, the cooltube isn't cooled yet because box is in basement and now in winter light keeps things nice and warm :) i'll be also adding some kind of wall fan in the next few days to keep the air circulating

JzcVw.jpg

here you can see the pots and the construction holding them there are also two delta pc fans (incredibly strong) under the net which you cant see.

Plants have been vegging for about a month now and are fed with hesi coco nutrients according to their schedule. They are in around 15-20L pots.

Now the questions:
1. I don't know when to switch to 12/12 because people are saying that when around 80% of net is full but i'm afraid that the plants will get to big because SLH is mostly sativa and i read that it can stretch 3-4 times. Also when this "stretch" is happening during first few weeks of flowering do new budsites appear or the distance between nodes just becomes bigger? So when do you recommend me switching to flowering? i was planing to switch in five days.
2. When should i start with defoliation under the net should i start now or when i switch to flowering? and should i also trim fan leaves that don't get enough light?

If you have any questions feel free to ask and also thank you for your answers :)

bedanc

Thank you for response:woohoo:

Light is Sylvania grolux HPS :)

I just figured out that ph in my Reservoir with water and nutrients which i have been using for one week was 7.0 and spotted some sort of deficiency and leaves curling so i was flushing my babies with 5.5 ph mix for an hour and a half now the runoff is 6.5 hope i get it stable on 5.9 in a day or two because i really don't want to mess up something right before flowering. I really don't know how this happened because when i checked last time it was 5.9 and that was about week ago and nobody was touching the reservoir til now :O

This is my first grow ever but i still want to get it as perfect as possible :D

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
I like your space- nice rack. :D

Mine stretched about 2 1/2 times with long internodal distances.

Azeotrope

Veteran
Nice, clean grow! I like the construction of the scrog set-up. I have many drain to waste coco grows under my belt and never did the run-off PH testing. Canna says it is not a reliable test. I just set my nutes between 5.8 - 6.2 (6.5 sometimes) and everything was golden. Never used Hesi though. Supposed to be a very good nute line though.

Timing the 12/12 on a screen is tough until you are working with clones that you have played with..... I am facing the same question. Just tie and chop!

Going to be watching this grow. Looks like you will do really well!!!!

bedanc

Thank you for responses :)

I flushed them again this morning with 5.5ph 80% strength nutrient mix and they seem to be doing better :D Hesi is indeed very good it was completley my fault for not checking the ph of the soulution before every watering i'll sure be doing it from now on :). I'd also like to ask if you think topping the side branches would be a good idea because i would really love to have 1 bud per net hole and i don't think i'll manage it without topping?
My friend fimed the main branches 9 days ago (because i was absent) but it seems he didn't cut enough of it because nothing has really happened yet so i think i'll just stick with topping and now my question is should i top the main branches again or should i leave them alone?

have fun

Azeotrope

Veteran
Fimming is something that is very hit or miss isn't it..... Sometimes just training everythin under the screen is the way to get one per hole. Just keep pushing shoots back under and to the side and as new nodes pop do the same thing. Filling a scrog screen can take some veg time, but if you fill it, it is worth it. The unkown is how far to go before the flip! Some strains can go until full and then a node or more above. Really depends on your strain and pheno versus your cab height.........

Super Lemon Haze eh? Could stretch like crazy..... Freezerboy did a scrog with Skunk1xHaze (or something like that) and nailed a huge yield on a 250w scrog and it frickn' flowered forever......

Hempsmoke

hey
its normal that the ph rises after a day or two so you have to check the solution from time to time
if you add oxygen to your solution in any way, the ph will rise even more

bedanc

Hey guys i topped main branches on all of them yesterday. I foliar fed them with epsom salt(1 teaspoon per litre). I bought canna mono calcium and magnesium. I made new 70% strength mixture than added 1.5ml/L of canna magnesium to the mixture. Than i PHed it to 5.9 and the runoff was 6.5 which is way better than before. I also found out that my mixture temperature in reservoir was way to cold (around 12C) and since i am wondering could this be the reason for some of deficiency that occurred or ph swings? So i ordered aquarium heater with thermostate(50w) to keep it at 20C. that's pretty much it :D here are some pics

oxoZ9.jpg

mag deficient leaf

cbQqG.jpg

lkdQT.jpg

That's it for today :thank you: guys for your help

bedanc

P8mVv.jpg

Xk5pn.jpg

clone i accidentally made during watering and just putted it in some coco and seems to be doing well after 2 days with no care :D

bedanc

Hey guys its time for update, i assembled the water heater so now the water temperature is 20c which is perfect and tomorrow i am going to be mounting another fan. I also flushed them with only phed water and half strength hesi root complex, now the input water is around 5.9-6.0 and the runoff is around 6.4-6.5 i think that's much better than before. Plants are getting better everyday and i'm really hoping that i am over with ph/salt build up problem, i also think i am going to switch to 12/12 in next 5 days but i really want the plants to be as perfect as possible before going into flowering :dance013:

DZV4w.jpg

ZcLjf.jpg

:clover:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Hi there, nice tidy setup there, I do love a nice SCROG.
How is that fan with the built in sped/temperature controller working out? Does it hum when you turn the speed down?
Thanks.

bedanc

Hey guys i didn't know if anyone of you actually reads this thread since there were no responses so i am very happy to see that some of you do :biggrin:

harry gypsna, yes the fan is very nice i always have my minimal fan speed at 10%(lowest point before turning it off) and its not that loud, it sounds pretty much like some old refrigerator. when i close the door of the room that box is in i can barely hear it so its really not a big issue :)

Plants seem to be doing pretty well :) i did flush them with phed melted snow since its basically distilled water and i'm going to be using it from now on with nutrients too, since we have really hard water here (around 500 microS/cm= 0.5EC). I watered them after taking pictures with half strength solution + half strength canna magnesium. Input was 1.0EC and the runoff was around 0.4EC which i think should be pretty good what do you think?

now its time for some photos im switching to flowering in 1-2 days

before training
OmuRL.jpg

after training
klJKp.jpg

bedanc

I have spotted some so called tacoing of the leaves but i really don't know what is causing it. They said it could be salt buildup but i did flush them so thats pretty hard to believe , it also could be difference in humidity which goes from 50-70% in my room or the heat stress. i am thinking about heat stress as the most reasonable one since temperature in my room can go as low as 14C when lights turned off and up to 21C when turned on do you guys think this is big of an issue? since im really not in to paying extra money for electric heating.

THESE ARE SOME OF THE WORST LEAVES:

IoucP.jpg

5PQe4.jpg

WI17l.jpg

Mikron

Temp shouldnt be an issue as 30*c 32*c is your danger zone. SLH is N sensitive and also light sensitive. I have SLH and Truly Fruity under 600w. sativas like to stay 2'-3' away from the bulb to prevent white/yellowing on the leaf tips. If your lucky yours will finish between 8-9 wks. Your pheno looks like the keeper.

Mikron

Keep in mind when the leaves are praying upwards they are happy and putting on fresh growth that might appear more pale than the rest of he leaf. If your leaf edges are curling upwards its more fertilizer and/or heat.

Eventually you might want to trim the leaves off of all of the growth under the screen that doesnt get light. Looks good though, maybe a little heavy on the food but other than that, looks great for your first grow!

bedanc

Mikron, what do you think by N sensitive? Because i was feeding them according to hesi schedule with 50ml/10L of TNT. Which i guess was to much since i heard sativas DON´T need a lot of nitrogen am i right? maybe this was the problem but i haven't used tnt for 5 days now so i can't say this was the problem.

blockhead411, i was asking about defoliation on previous page and than read about it and people say i should start when i switch to flowering. i already chopped some leaves who weren't getting enough light.

I am thinking about chopping the mutated plant( the one in the middle in back row) down since its directly under light and i don't think she wil reach the potential what do you think about it?

Latest posts

Latest posts