What's new

6x23W CFL Rubbermaid Microgrow - 1st timer!

I clipped a little tester tonight. Almost all of the trichome heads are cloudy so I'd like to see what kind of buzz this produces. I'll report back on the stone in a few days.

Military

dam CO :p very nice very nice :p how big is that clipper ? 1 or 2 packers? HEHE Gota always do a test hehe when you know the time is closing is :p

GL with that baby :-D

SMOKE ON

lookin good man, sucks about the nanners but maybe you can take the seeds from that and throw them outdoors this season for the hell of it, and focus on your NL in the rubbermaid. My lady is really bushy now, like yours looked right before you put the screen on. My question to you is, how did the buds spread so far and nicely to the edges of the screen with just the one plant? did you bend shoots back wards? Because if you bent the main cola to the left side, its awesome that you have decent buds all the way to the right back corner too. Any info you can provide would be greatly helpful, cant wait to see finished product and hear about the effects!

In training the plant under the screen I just pulled each bud site off to the side. Really, that's all there is to it. Make sure it gets direct light and it'll grow upward and allow you to train it. Very easy...

I'm puffing on my little tester bud right now and, while it's a little harsh from not being cured, it's definitely heady. It was probably 75% cloudy, 25% clear when I cut it and it's a nice, up, heady buzz. No couch lock whatsoever. I checked the trichomes on some of the buds tonight and I have a few that are turning amber. It's possible that I'll be harvesting this weekend. I'll keep everybody updated. Thanks for the interest... - CO

awesome man, my lady has literally exploded from the new HPS lights in the rubbbermaid, they are only 140 watts or you could use a 150 remote ballasted with nice ventilation and probably drastically increase your yeilds. either way, youve done so nice and I really want to congradulate you on how well its come out. THe buzz sounds nice, and the harshness will be more inviting once its cured a bit (harsh can be good once cured :joint: ) I will put my screen on once the topping i have performed fills out, and i may come back for some guidance, you say its easy so i hope i wont have trouble :bashhead:

G

8378smiley-drool1.gif
8378smiley-drool1.gif
8378smiley-drool1.gif
sweet harvest u got there

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
Nice!!!!!!!looks like a good 2 oz dryed depending on density, atleast 1oz for sure!

Military

VERY NICE harvest CO Those are some shinny ass buds :p Going to def stop back later to check out the full report and what not :p

Smoke on

The buds are quite dense and smell like sweet piney fuel. I am pretty impressed with the way these buds stacked on the weight at the end of the bud cycle. This really wasn't a pheno that I would want to keep for the long haul due to its tendency to hermie. There were several male flowers throughout the buds and I picked probably 6 seeds out of the buds while I was trimming. I don't understand why they went hermie on me. This plant had 12 hours uninterrupted light and 12 hours dark no matter what. The fact that it hermied was somewhat of a disappointment. They are drying on a rack in a dark area and I'll check them daily for dryness, etc. They smell somewhat like wet grass or hay right now but hopefully while I jar them in mason jars things will perk up a bit re: smell.

Last edited:

Military

Very nice CO indeed :p

But I think i know why they might have hermied on you :(

Iv read in a few PRO's threads that some strains tend to hermy if you let them flower TO long... Regardless to whether or not they have the PERFECT light schedule some strains just Hermy as a last minute desperation to get themselves pollinated to produce seeds and live on for the next season.

know what i mean? It made sense to me when I read it and it surely makes sense when your thinking about nature :p Crazy Bitch i tell ya :p

Cant wait for the final report :p One thing though I ask :p Try to report with a ... good discription with like "mershy" "dank" or Grade A, B, C... Nugs" when it comes to flavor for me please :p

I could never tell how well some bud was when people give that 1-10 scale lol Like I want to know what it tasted like, Not what the number was of the taste :p hehe

THANKS!!

Smoke On CO :p

I ended up pulling 2 pint jars packed with nice piney smelling buds. Thanks for all of the advice everybody. I hope you enjoyed watching the grow from beginning to end. Stay tuned for a run of Nirvana's Northern Lights coming up.

cfl...KING

Veteran
dam nice buds for anyone never mind a newbie..lol, so when is the rubber maid gonna be up an running again? what are you planing to upgrade/change in it, if anything?

yeknomssa

I too must congratulate you on your harvest, looks great (and that smell will pick back up after some jar lovin' lol). If I may, what was your drying area? i'm getting close to chop time (2 weeks or so) and i'm starting to think about that time now. i was thinking that my rubbermaid would be perfect to dry in, but there may be too much airflow if i leave the exhaust fan on all the time.

anyway, looks like you had a great grow and i can't wait for your NL run :joint:

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

I won't be running the rubbermaid again right away. I think I'm going to take a little bit off and then start back up with a 400W hps in a storage cabinet. It'll be something like what the C13 guys have been doing for years now.

For drying, I have a metal grate shelf that fits perfectly into a rubbermaid. I used it early on in the process to keep the plants closer to the lights. You can see the shelf in some of the earlier pictures I posted on this site. I just laid the buds across the grate and waited for them to dry. I DID NOT use a fan. If you're going to dry inside your rubbermaid I'd suggest turning off your ventilation fan.

I've been cycling the air in the jars for the past couple of days. It still smells a bit like hay, but I can tell that the buds are still working moisture out. They still feel a little spongy and not completely dry. I'm sure it'll just take a few more days for that hay smell to go away and for the awesome piney smell of pot to come back.

If I squeeze the buds right now they emit the greatest piney skunk odor ever. They're awesome. I haven't smoked any of them yet due to waiting on the cure. I'm antsy but I think it's going to be worth the wait. :)

Last edited:

cfl...KING

Veteran
hey CO havnt heard from ya in a while... did those buds ever get a smell after curing? wat was your take?