What's new

6k vertical show... Need opinions on my design.

mikeross

Upon further thought I think I might try to eliminate the cooltubes and figure out a way to just hang the fan under bare lights

dmt

Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG] there is 4inch duct flanges on every brand of hot burning genny;s ive seen, i romoved the other duct to show. the above pic is the duct running to the back of my a/c which moves a ton of air, so the co2 is cooled and dispersed all over the room. the other duct runs kitty corner from the a/c to a wall fan which also disperses the co2. my genny is ver close to the plants, i like to move the heat/gas evenly to maitian a more ambient co2/temp, d

dmt

Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
[/IMG] sorry, posted 2 by accident. the force of the fans is enough to suck any remaining gas out which would have sayed in the duct with em and wasted.

mikeross

After one more day of research I have once again decided to change the room up a little. I decided make everything smaller to fit the plants 22-24" away from the bulbs It will give me room to make a little mechanical room and have my res, ballast and controllers on the outside of the room. Would give me a lot of walking space within the room to train, plus it would make the room look so clean. I figured I should bring the plants a little closer to the light if I am gonna run a light mover and extend the room out to 9'.

The room is actually going to be 8' tall, with 3 shelves roughly 12" deep. I am going to veg these plants out for 1 month. I figure they will get well over 20" in that time, my plants would finish at about 40" give or take. If I make the width of the room 6' minus 12'x2 for the shelves that would give me 4 feet of aisle space meaning the plants would be 24" from the light... This is also not factoring that the plants are placed on the shelves at an angle. I would assume that the plants would stick out well into the aisle before growing upwards, If I know my plants I would assume that the actual distance from the bulbs would be more like 16-18", shouldn't have any burn issues because of the light mover. I plant to tie and train everything. Gonna pull the bottom growth of the plant downwards and train the tops upwards, The top shelve plants would be trained into the ceiling and the bottom shelve plants trained to the floor... Should give me a nice even wall, shouldn't even be able to see the face of the shelves or the actual pots. Everything will be watered with drippers. Planning to run 2 large reservoirs outside the room, 70-100gal... gutters will be under each plant all linked to flow excess water to the bottom shelve... A 2" flexible hose will connect to the last downspot and go outside the room into a 100gal reservoir. 396gph pump will be placed in each res just to circulate the water/nutes. Another larger pump will be hooked up for the drippers and will be set on a timer. Still not sure of the larger pump size... probably something in the 1200gph range?. I am hoping I can go the whole grow without changing my res... just doing a add back method using floranova @ 8ml per gallon with floralicious plus.

Anyone with COCO experience want to comment on how often I should water? Should I set the timer to water enough to give a lot of run off or is it best to figure out how long it takes to water all the plants allowing no run off? Which of the two is better.

3 gallon posts with 100% coco or possible some coco croutons on the bottoms of each pot. Gonna experiment with hydroton and see what I like more.

Gonna run the first grow with 69 plants each side, 138 site total, and then modify the number for the second grow once I see the growth rate. I have a feeling the the plant numbers will be a lot lower once the first cycle runs through the room... Don"t know exact numbers until I get one run finished.

Lazyman, Krunchbubble care to comment on the redesign?