What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

600W soil grow: Sweet Tooth #3 and AK48 F2 round 2

blackone

Veteran
My lone skunk #1 plant:

Had to die, and this is why:

I don't know if you can see it - but this is a calyx with a pistil sticking out - but also hidden inside it was 5 bananas, and the whole plant was filled with both weird stuff like this and real male balls. Dammit - it was a really wonderful stretcher that looked like shit before 12/12 but then just took off like a rocket :( The clones I took from it are obviously goners too. I was really looking forward to tasting the real skunk #1 but I guess it won't be this time, and there are so many other interesting strains out there - I've got Satoris vegging and bubblegum seeds waiting to be germed when I feel like it so Skunk #1 won't return to my garden anytime soon.

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
I'll be making some seeds yeah but not this time. I don't have any males in my flower room but I do have a few clones of the only sweet tooth male I had.

G

GDS StonerBoy

Looking good Blackone! Sorry to hear about your Sk#1's, they are a real treat and put off very nice yields, maybe some day you'll be able to give them a try again. I've heard alot about SWT and everything i've heard have been about how potent they are but i think you said that you have smoked stronger stuff, right? Are those not satisfactory? Asking because i was looking into that strain.

blackone

Veteran
Oh they're definitely satisfactory don't get me wrong. The potency is up there alright :) And the high is nice - pretty balanced.
The taste is the best part - sweet sweet skunk but it can still make you cough because of the resin expansion deep down in your lungs.

Don't be afraid to buy these plants - they're worth it.

This week I'm planning to put in 7 unsexed Satori plants - I topped them some time ago and now the new tops have started growing so I'm hoping the stretch will make some good cloning material in 7-10 days 12/12. I started germing 7 Bubblegum seeds yesterday and also ordered some Female Seeds Grapefruit from POM's "new" place - hope it isn't a bogus site.

Last edited:

BeeKaa

looking good Black one

I too am curios how the yield is gonne be versus the formers grow..

the skunk #1 story is what we call in holland: KUTZOOI! ("cut-zoëy" phonetic)
translation: F*cking Hell!

maybe it comew in handy when you get some cuttinngs from your veggers..
root them under 12/12 and voila! sex is visible!

keep em green!

BK

Military

hum very nice, Mind posting the final final weight of your first grow with the SOG method?

In very interested which way youll get more bud from, you should do SCROG with these round2, you could REALLY fill up the screen like crazy with all those plants in there.

Will really help me out and others to maybe because Im debating whether or not to do SOG or SCROG in my new grow area, if i cant make up my mind, i think ill just do half and half lol and see what side of my room produces more :p haah I think i might just do that...

blackone

Veteran
Thanks Beekaa - I'm going for a rotating grow so I'll just put seedplants in unsexed and take the males down when I find them. I've got clones of my sweet tooth almost ready for flowering too so I can easily fill the holes. I'll take clones from the Satori when the side shoots are of a sufficient size - hopefully 1 week in 12/12.

@Military My yield was around 300g or 0.5 g/W but I also had some issues. I don't think I will get much more this time - definitely not more than 400g.
I think a SOG is more efficient in terms of total wattage and time spent, even if scrog might yield more per harvest. I vegged these plants for longer than I wanted to because I didn't have enough. I have considered tying them down, but I think it's a little late now? - the room is too large for a real scrog with a screen because I have to pull out the pots in order to be able to reach some of the pots. It could be done with a wand of course.

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
I meant to post some pics I took over the weekend but I was busy repotting the Satoris. They're now in the flowering room so there's less unused space in there now :) I hope they're half as good as people say they are.
I put some bubblegum seeds in paper towels but they're not showing any signs of germing, and they also look a little green to me. If I don't get any plants it's gonna be sad but not too bad since I've got the Grapefruit coming my way too. I think it's also gonna include a 9-10 week Thai strain freebie.

blackone

Veteran
Swt #3, AK48 F2 day 32. Satori Day 3.

Swt #3, AK48 F2 day 32. Satori Day 3.

It's been a while since I last posted pics so I think you deserve a few budshots here at 1 month flower.

First the whole room - as you can see I put in 7 Satori plants Sunday - they're pretty happy in there I think. I'm getting some yellowing on my sweet tooth but I don't know if it's too little nitrogen or perhaps a magnesium def. I'm thinking it's magnesium because the veins are still green. It's probably a lockout problem of some sort, since I'm also seeing nute burn. The issues are on old leaves so I think what I'm doing now must be right.

Some budshots - they're quite a bit heavier than in my last grow - I just wish I had more plants in there but at least now the Satoris are filling up so I'm not wasting the light any more.

Last edited:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice mate, they're getting real big. Looks to me like a magnesium deficiency to me :wave:

blackone

Veteran
Yeah I've read in other places that you need to use some Epsom salt with the BioBizz line. Or perhaps it's a PH lockout - I should probably use some PH down when I mix my nutes but I have been procrastinating because it's a bit of a pain - with the hard water I have the PH goes up after a while so it's hard to know how much to add.

They're not so big though - my tallest plants are 60 cm. I think the Satori will outgrow them fast - they're giving a really good stretch.

Last edited:

DeezNuggz

good looking grow blackone. I had a huge thrips infestatiion on my last indoor grow and the oly thing I finally got to stop them was a load of ladybugs from my hydro shop. I try to keep a few ladybugs in the tent though out the entire grow. I havent seen anysort of bug problem since.

Keep up the good work

blackone

Veteran
Day 35 Sweet Tooth/ AK48. Day 7 Satori.

Day 35 Sweet Tooth/ AK48. Day 7 Satori.

Yeah the thrips keep coming back but when I treat my plants up to week 3 flower with pyrethrum then they're not able to do any serious damage - I'll just have to live with the little buggers, although I have considered using predatory mites. I'll remember about the ladybugs if I manage to find some in the spring - how long can they survive in the flower room?

Got some pics here at Day 35 - first the full room, with 7 day 7 Satoris in there too. They're showing very small preflowers but I'm not 101% sure on sex yet, so I'll give it a few days before I remove the males.

My AK48 F2 - seems to be an average yielder and it doesn't have a very pleasant smell after curing. The high is superb tho so I'm a little torn if I should keep it around.

Sweet tooth pheno 2 - smells a little like bubblegum or red raspberry soda, not quite sure. This is a really nice yielder.

Sweet tooth pheno 3 - The grapefruit pheno. It has much more sativa like leaves than the other phenos but apart from that I can't say there's much sativa to it. I love this one because it gets so frosty and because of the citrus smell.

My veggies - some vegging clones, rooting clones and cracked seeds I just put in pots. The 3 red pins are Bubblegum, the green ones are Female Seeds Grapefruit and the blue ones are Thai landrace.

DeezNuggz

the ladybugs will just stick around until all the food is gone and then they leave on theyre own. I try to keep atleast 5-10 ladybugs in my tent at all times. They just eat every small bug that pokes its little head out. I buy a package at my hydro store maybe 2-3 times a year. They will easily last through an entire flower cycle. Since ive done this I have had no more mites, thrips, or aphids in my tents. Those plants are looking awflul nice blackone. Keep up those updates

Military

Very nice man :p They are really showing there usage of the fan leaves.. You cut back on those nutes yet? looks like you did with all the yellowing :p Nice sight imo :p

I just cut off a few yellowing leaves on my lady. Too early yet to cut back on nutes, only about 4weeks in mine. :p

Ima pulling up a seat pal :p

SMOKE ON

blackone

Veteran
Day 39 12/12, Satori day 11

Day 39 12/12, Satori day 11

Thanks for the comments - I do think this is a nicer grow than the last one but I just wish I had more plants in there from the start. At least now I have the Satori in there too I'm not wasting space and light any more. I think the yellowing is a Magnesium def, not a nitrogen def because of the green veins. Not gonna do anything about it this grow as it's almost time for flushing.
A few more pics.

The Satoris are really stretching now, and I think they'll continue stretching for some time since they're only showing a few preflowers.
2 Satori males had to die.

But I have 5 females - pretty good from 7 plants right?

The buds don't seem to be getting bigger so fast any more.

But looking closer you can see the calyxes swelling.

Another plant

And closeup

blackone

Veteran
Day 46 12/12

Day 46 12/12

I started using water only this week.
My AK48 was showing nanners like crazy so I harvested the tops and will keep an eye on the lower shoots that haven't shown any nanners yet - I might just pull her down completely today just to be safe - she seems to be almost ready also. I also saw a few nanners on my sweet tooth phenos 1 and 4. I saw one on pheno 4 in my last grow but never saw them on pheno 1 before - and I've only seen them on one of the plants. Gotta find a new battery for my pocket microscope since the plants seem almost ready for harvest based on the hairs but I want to get a closer look at the trichomes first - also I think they do have a bit more calyx swelling left.

Satoris are really stretching and trying to take over the room :) I'll get some pictures up soon.

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
I did the rolling paper trick again yesterday- swiped some sugarleaves with a rolling paper making it sticky with resin and rolled a normal cigarette.
It did the job wonderfully :) Not an overpowering stone as I didn't spend too much time swiping but a very happy and clearheaded one.
Didn't get batteries for my microscope yet, but I can still use it to see the trichomes when I stand near a lamp and they seem to be clear/cloudy without any amber. I'll get some batteries and follow them closely. I have started carefully removing some leaves blocking light to lower budsites. I'm still not sure if it's a good idea so I'm also trying to see how it affects the lower buds that are now exposed.

Latest posts

Latest posts