What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

600W SCROG White Rhino + Northern Lights

Heavy, those flowers are looking nice and frosty. I found that some strains are affected more than others by low humidity. We're probably in the same area, winters are real dry around here. My humidity levels fluctuate between 25% and 45% depending on how big the girls are and I noticed that a couple strains get that leaf curl and edge necrosis at low RH.

Heavy Chevy

Hey Spread :wave:
Yes winters where I'm at can get pretty dry. I'll have to keep an eye on that and see if I can notice any differences seasonally. Where as I don't think it will play a huge factor in yield/vitality of the plants overall, I still like to look at healthy and happy plants. HC

Former Guest

:wave: HeavyChevy!!

Everything looks great! What plants do you got in there besides cannabis? Those looke more like house plants :D I'm about to get some veggie seeds started. Not sure how it's all gonna fit in a month, but if there's a will, theres a way! I'm going to start a veggie garden thread soon. I need advice on how to fertilize fruit trees cause I got small scabby apples and plum tree leaves that look like lacey holes.

Have you tried using mulch on your containers? I see you've been rocking these strains for a looong time! Have you considered writing up a strain report or commenting on that strains report? Not often do people rock strains for as long as you have :)

Starmstr

As you can see there is some slight upward curling on the fan leaves... I'm thinking this is due to radiant heat from the bulb, the afflicted areas are spotty and my canopy temps are right on at 76-78F. RH is holding around 25-30% , HC :rasta:
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=59085&pictureid=1398999&"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=59085&pictureid=1398998&"]View Image[/URL]

I have the same issue on 2 plants, the temps are the same as yours but my humidity is 30-45. Since the remaining plants are rocking on I have no idea. Got any more suggestions?

How many plants ya running under that? I just installed my scrog 4'x4' one plant 1000w.

Can't wait to see your final results!

Former Guest

That's low humidity. One of mine, a sativa, is not happy with 25-30% either where the others have it slightly or none at all. While I think they would grow better with a higher humidity, I think it has a tiny bit to do with where it came from. Like tropical sativas and afghani dry desert. I'm getting a ultrasonic fogger to add humidity. Waiting for some cash :frown:

Heavy Chevy

:wave: HeavyChevy!!

Everything looks great! What plants do you got in there besides cannabis? Those looke more like house plants :D I'm about to get some veggie seeds started. Not sure how it's all gonna fit in a month, but if there's a will, theres a way! I'm going to start a veggie garden thread soon. I need advice on how to fertilize fruit trees cause I got small scabby apples and plum tree leaves that look like lacey holes.

Have you tried using mulch on your containers? I see you've been rocking these strains for a looong time! Have you considered writing up a strain report or commenting on that strains report? Not often do people rock strains for as long as you have :)

Hey thanks for stoppin' by :wave:
As for my other plants in there I have a Christmas cactus, which is in fact the first and only cut I've ever received. Too bad it wasn't a bomb clone only strain... It still produces beautiful pink flowers though and it was a cut from my grandmother's almost 100 year old Christmas cactus. Her's is beastly big! The rest are hosta's, a peace lily, an umbrella plant, Rosemary, green onions, and some cilantro. I'm going to work on getting some more herbs plus veggies sprouted for the summer garden. As for your fruit trees I'm not too sure about those... I know we've had some apple trees that just wouldn't produce anything for the longest time and eventually had to have grafts put on the tree from another fruit bearing Apple tree to kickstart it. Some trees take time... How old are your trees? I've been growing these two strains since I was 19. They hold a very special place in my heart, the white rhino is nostalgic for me. Bittersweet In the memories it brings back. It's a great narcotic smoke too, it just gets you nice and fucked up. As for reports I supose I could? Never really gave it much thought. Nobody seems to be interested in the older strains these days. It's all about the new stuff on scene. What are the benefits of mulch if any? I've always enjoyed being able to see the topsoil, It gives me a good idea of how long the girls are retaining water for in between waterings. I'm not opposed to trying anything new I just need to be sold on it :moon:

Heavy Chevy

I have the same issue on 2 plants, the temps are the same as yours but my humidity is 30-45. Since the remaining plants are rocking on I have no idea. Got any more suggestions?

Pictures would help. Check to see if the area is uniform or if it's spotty. Mine only started with a few plants but spread slowly over the last week. Definitely humidity for me. RH issues will be more uniform on your plants throughtout. With radiant heat it will tend to be localized to very specific areas. "Hot spots" if you will. Imagine radiant heat issues being similar to a laser beam coming from your hps or Mh pointing and burning a hole through a targeted area. In my case I think I have a combination of both. But the predominant issue is the RH humidity. You can buy a humidifier or if you're cheap you can find some sort of container and fill it with water and soak a rag or towel and leave it hang out of the container. The towel will act as a wick and draw moisture up through it to the ambient air. Not as good as a humidifier but it'll bring up your RH a bit in a pinch. Winters here are dry and it's to the point where I can make a fist and split my knuckles open. The dry winters wick away moisture from the fan leaves quickly without any means of supplementing higher humidity. In my case I'm not too terribly concerned at the moment because low humidity means I never worry about mold issues. And as long as the colas and the integrity of the buds are uncompromised I'm not even remotely concerned. I'm at the point where the buds are starting to suck their fuel reserves dry (fan leaves) and they're yellowing and dropping like crazy. Good things are soon to come!

Heavy Chevy

How many plants ya running under that? I just installed my scrog 4'x4' one plant 1000w.

Can't wait to see your final results!

I'm currently running 17 plants in this one but it's usually 18. I do 3 gallon grow bags 3 deep by 6 wide. I shape my scrog screen to be rectangular to match the hoods footprint and dish my screen so that the distance from each plant to the light is relatively the same. Plants directly in the middle get the best light where as side plants are somewhat neglected so by using the dished method the plants on the sides are able to creep in closer. This run is all from seed so I see s big lack of uniformity which in a SCROG isn't such a big deal because youre training them but when you're rockin' a strain of 100% matching genetics from clone you see faster growth rates more uniformity and it really allows you to weave a screen that's Essentially a grown sculpted peace of art work that gets you stoned. 1 plant per 1000w per 4x4? What kind of set up you running with that and how long do you normally veg for?

Former Guest

If you're bored and want a read, Mulch. Just Do It. is a good read. Most of your microbial activity is in the topsoil so people put a dead or living mulch in the topsoil to keep everything evenly moist until the next watering. When the soil drys, microbes die. So the wet dry watering cycle isn't as beneficial in organics unless you got some clones rooting or seeds sprouting where overwatering could be disastrous.

I just thought it was neat how ya keep them around for all this time. Not often people do that so adding to strain reports can help people who just got beans. White rhino just got one entry by hicksticky who grew it for the summer newb contest.

Anyways, I'm just gonna sit down and kick my feet up :lurk:

Heavy Chevy

If you're bored and want a read, Mulch. Just Do It. is a good read. Most of your microbial activity is in the topsoil so people put a dead or living mulch in the topsoil to keep everything evenly moist until the next watering. When the soil drys, microbes die. So the wet dry watering cycle isn't as beneficial in organics unless you got some clones rooting or seeds sprouting where overwatering could be disastrous.

I just thought it was neat how ya keep them around for all this time. Not often people do that so adding to strain reports can help people who just got beans. White rhino just got one entry by hicksticky who grew it for the summer newb contest.

Anyways, I'm just gonna sit down and kick my feet up :lurk:

Interesting food for thought... The rules for organics are a wee bit different but the end results always speak for themselves. Mulch? I'm assuming it's a book? Guess I should have brought a pen and pad. It's only the first day and I've already been assigned with a grow report AND reading material for homework :moon: I'll have to make my way over to hickstickys thread and check it out. Glad You're along for the ride. :woohoo:

I'm currently running 17 plants in this one but it's usually 18. I do 3 gallon grow bags 3 deep by 6 wide. I shape my scrog screen to be rectangular to match the hoods footprint and dish my screen so that the distance from each plant to the light is relatively the same. Plants directly in the middle get the best light where as side plants are somewhat neglected so by using the dished method the plants on the sides are able to creep in closer. This run is all from seed so I see s big lack of uniformity which in a SCROG isn't such a big deal because youre training them but when you're rockin' a strain of 100% matching genetics from clone you see faster growth rates more uniformity and it really allows you to weave a screen that's Essentially a grown sculpted peace of art work that gets you stoned. 1 plant per 1000w per 4x4? What kind of set up you running with that and how long do you normally veg for?

Hmm interesting.

Ya I'm started it in 5 gal hydro bucket I just put it into a 10 gallon Rubbermaid (8 gallons of water). There 39 days of veg from day they popped out of rockwool in thinking another 25-30 days and then flip maybe sooner. Hoping for a 2LB pull

Latest posts

Latest posts