What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

600 watt scrog

Hiyas everyone :wave: Thanks for stopping in.

This is my new little garden that I have started. The room is a hydrohut original with a 600 watt digital light (eye bulb), a carbon scrubber, 6'' vortex blower, cooled hood and a 4'x4' flood table. The air gets sucked into the scrubber, goes through the fan, through the light and then out of the hut and into a chimney.

The res is a little small (40 gal), but it seems to have just enough in it to flood the table. I keep 2 air stones running in the res to keep things stirred up. I use the hanna grocheck meter to keep track of the ph, ec and temp in the res.

I am running the Lucas formula of 0-5-10 (i could have sworn it was 0-4-8 last time I was using it) to veg and will switch to 0-8-16 once I go to flower. The temps are right around 66 deg in the res and the room has only gotten up to 80 on the hottest day so far. The table floods every 3 hours for 15 min. I will be adjusting that though once I get a cycle timer for it.

The babies are cuttings I got from nncc in the sfv. 3 are blackberry kush and one is kush og. At least thats what the cups said that they were in when I bought them. I got them mid last week and let them run on low strength nutes and low light for a couple days before going to the 600 and veg str nutes.

The screen is about 9-10'' from the growing medium. I plan on training them in veg until the screen is about 2/3 full, then switching to 12/12 to Finnish filling the screen out. I will pull cutting off before switching to 12/12 for a cpl moms and babies for the next run. I have some beans coming from a friend and have a couple things I am interested in at seedbay, but until then I am running with what I have.

I am only running 4 plants this time around and plan on only keeping 2 moms at the most. I have to keep my numbers below 6 mature plants I think for the med laws here until they decide to actually make a policy about numbers and quantity.

Hows it looking? Any suggestions?

:joint:

vigilo

wow, ****ing sick setup! i love everything from the pvc flush fit, to the santas exit =)

im also running lucas and i started my nutes on 0-4-8 thinking it was lucas for veg, but then i found out it was 5-10, so i changed my res after 3 days =\. Im running something very similar to yours, except no scrog, 400w, and 2x2 table. your kids are a week or so ahead of mine. they look like they are starting to smell

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments guys. :wave:

Vigilo: Thanks man. The table was pretty cheap to make and the santa's exit is a bonus (Santa's exit. That made me laugh) I like how simple and easy the flood tables are to use. I don't really get any smell with the exhaust. I bet I do though once I start training them.

Bignugget: I think they were taking during flowering. When I got them last week they already had the small buds going on and were rooted in small rw like cubes, but it isn't rw. I filled the net pot up about 1/3 the way with rocks before putting them in and have roots coming out the bottom of the pots now, so they are growing for sure. I have them on a 16/8 cycle hoping they will go back into a veg state. I was/ am giving them 8 hours of sleep each day thinking it would help with root development, but maybe I should increase the on time to help it along in getting back into veg?

DIGITALHIPPY: I can't wait to see them get big too. I just hope it doesn't take forever to fill the screens up. Hehe

I'll try to update with pics each week.
:headbange :rasta:

tmusic

you spent a lot of time and money on your setup and you're kinda wasting it. Trying to re-veg fully flowering clones (1st thing that I saw) is more commonly known as a "no-no"...

Aside from that, your system is dope, I'm going to steal a couple of things from your design, by the way.

Good luck and please keep us updated. I've read the flowering clone thing in a few places but I really want to see what happens. Thanks for the thread!

Last edited:
Haya Tmusic, thanks for stopping in. I only grabbed the clones because they were all that I had available. Once I decided to give it a go again I had everything bought and set up in less than a week and didn't have much time to prepare seed wise. One of the 4 clones doesn't look to be pushing flowers anymore, but the other 3 seem to be going for it still (3 blackberries are still trying to flower but the og kush seems to be not showing any bud on the new growth).

My plan was to grow out some beans I am getting from a friend to find a mom and to order some stuff from sb. I found that a med place here has some good clones and had to give it a shot. I'm still waiting on the beans to start and am going for some seedbay action, so if these don't work out I haven't really lost any time. But if I can get a mom going from the og kush clone, and it's the same stuff they sell there as og kush, ill be pretty happy.

Hi again :wave:
Little update.

The exhaust hose came off a couple days ago between the fan and lamp and the taller of the 4 plants got a little heat stress on top before I found it. I have clamp on it now and it shouldn't happen again :bashhead:

My plants were showing signs of nute def on the 0-5-10. I remember someone saying here that the formula for Lucas was 0-8-16 for both now. I went looking and found where he is posting and figured out where I was confused. The 0-5-10 is for vegging under low intensity light and for what I'm using I should use 0-8-16 for both veg and flower. I changed the res a few days ago and they seem to be happier. I'm at a ph of 6 and ppm of 1300 now.

Here are some pics

This one is the one that got the heat damage.

This one is looking nice

These 2 seem to be a few days behind. Hard for me to tell since they were all gotten as clones.

This is a top view

:rasta:
Looks like I will get to actually start training them soon :jump:

blackone

Veteran
It's nice to see that they're not set back too much by the reveg.
I also have some clones in my setup that were shooting out a few pistils and later packing a little trichomes but they're growing ok. This thread is a good place for observations.

Have you considered using bigger netpots? Seems with so few plants that need to veg for some time they could use a little more root space.

Last edited:
Hiya Bigtimer, thanks for stopping in. I can't wait either :joint: I am actually thinking of getting another hut setup and running alternating 12/12 cycles with a flip/flop box using the one ballast. Hehe, it's going to be a long couple of months waiting on these girls and the idea of having a harvest every month or so sounds really good. It's nice to dream eh? lol

Hi Blackone, thanks for stopping over. The 2 in front seem to be totally out of the flower stage, but the back 2 seem to be lagging a bit. This week I saw a couple twisted leaves on them and the single blade leaves, so I think the stress from reveg is almost over for them too.
The pots are 8'' and at the time I figured they would be plenty big enough. Last time I used 4x4 rw cubes, but I see what you mean. Maybe next run I will use bigger pots, or go with a few more plants. 16 of those pots would sure fit nicely on that table, that and my veg time would be a lot shorter.

I deff have a case of location envy. If I were a couple hours north of here, I could have a limit of 100 plants.

flexo

nice setup........

do you do anything to block the light from getting to the roots? did I miss something?

Last edited:
Hi Flexo. Thanks for stopping in.

I don't have anything up yet to cover the table. I ran 9 4x4 rw cubes before on a 3x3 table. The roots just grew out from the bottom and by the end of flower I had a big mat of them. They didn't seem to get much light and the plants did fine. Maybe the canopy kept them semi protected.

I thought about trying to cover it up with polly and still might, but so far there isn't much in the way of roots making their way out into the light. Maybe I will get lucky and the screen will fill up quick enough to not have to worry about it until next round. If not, I can add it I think w/o too much hassle. Each plant has it's own screen, so if I have to lift them out I can.

flexo

ok now I get it. I'm not very familiar with these table setups but they look very simple to setup and clean so far.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Grinchy

Dialed!

Dialed!

I like the rack for the tray! Very innovative. I just sat my table on my tray with a shim in the back so it holds no stagnant water. Check out my setup it is just like yours except it will be SOG when I get it going. Props Man!

Hi HerbGlaze. Thanks fir checking this out, and thanks for the nice comments.

Hi NiteTiger, welcome aboard and thanks =).

Hi chroniclyfaded, thanks for stopping in. How many plants were you planning on running in your scrog?

Hi NZjay, thanks man, I think luck is always a good thing to have around. That, and I have a feeling I will need it. Hehe

Hi Grinchy. Thanks for checking this one out. I ended up doing the same thing with the shims. I don't get any standing water on the table now. I also took the back of my pump off and instead of the pre-filter and case they use, I put a 1/2 threaded pvc pipe and elbo on it so it points right at the res floor. I drilled a set of small holes around the part closest to the floor so it would flow better and not restrict the flow when it's filling. Now though, it drains really quick and when doing a res change, it almost gets all the water out. No need to shop vac the rest. I didn't like how it took forever to drain.

Have to say thanks again to everyone. You all sure know how to make new people feel welcome. :rasta: