What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

600 watt coco tent grow

CoCoSativas

So i talked to the store. The buckets working but not bubbling through the indicator. The CO2 is leaking out the sides.

Im going to hammer the lid on with my mallet next batch i guess.

Bonus, the shops lending me a CO2 meter thing for the test. I used to have one but some lowlife ripped my grow... gone goes the 350$ one i had.

al70

Veteran
��

��

I follow the gh flora food schedule for veg and add 2.5 ml pro silicate, but thats my only addative. Im going to buy a little bottle of floraliciousplus on payday tho and start that.

For flower im going to use heads formula probably exept 5 micro and 10 bloom probably. My measuring cups are in 5 ml incriments.

Is the epson salt needed or can i go without because im using tap water? my tapwater has mag in it... i do have the salt tho if i need it.

I have considered folowing the gh flower nutrient schedule but i might go with heads to be safe, so many people use it with good results
��
I use this gh feeding schedule and it works perfect

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150324_0002.png
    wp_ss_20150324_0002.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 19

CoCoSativas

I use the one thats on the pdf curently on their website. Its current i imagine. Its working well they look great. I just go to generalhydroponics main page and go into this screen http://generalhydroponics.com/site/index.php/resources/feeding_schedule/

So the hydro store lent me a co2 meter for the tests. Im going to start a seperate thread on the bio2. It is clearly producing alot of co2 and the plants like it alot. This will be impressive i think. Smells like hell tho, so i started my can 50. lol i know, can 50 in a 4x4.... i must be nuts. Lol i scaled down my project from a 4 square meter grow to this tent grow. Im just going to use what i got.

Anyway back to the co2, i need to figure out how to brew it without the stink. Its horrible, my buddies face was hillarious when he came in the room to check the plants. It was classic.
So far the stink is the only problem. It wont be a problem once i hang the can 50 in the tent. Until then ill run it in the room the tent is in. Can 50 in a little ass room... wont be a problem. Im actuallygoing to check that now again, and the ppms. Ill update in a bit

CoCoSativas

So now my room no longer stinks. I turned the can 50 on the air smells super pure in there.
Also the co2 ppm is dope. Gotta love that number. Just beautiful. I should have clones in no time then we are off into flower. I want clones off everything for my next run. Im doing a seed harvest. Ill pop a 10 pack of tom hill haze (i got at vancouver seed bank) anddd open pollenate the haze females and my clones of my current girls.

Wow haze x kali mist... and a bunch of haze crosses to cross with toms, plus some tom haze f2. it will be sweet. Superlemon haze x toms... jee that could be interesting. Hazyer lemon...

Im stoked to take the clones. I learned how to do it last year, and when i did it it worked. I like it when things work.

I also really want to do a project with ******s jack. After that a chem seed run or maybe do something withh my blockheads from chimera (the open pollenation) or my nepali skunks. Maybe make a f2.

I wish i had space to do like 20 seed runs right now. Never the space and time to get them all.

I plan on pollenating multiple female strains with males at once so i have more crosses to try and work with. Besides if i have good males, why not make a bunch of crosses at once. Haze crosses, jack crosses, chem crosses. I could make a blueberry chem and a blueberry jack and a blueberry haze all at once. Ah the potential of large open pollenations, one could find something special

Last edited:

CoCoSativas

Anyone here ever use co2? my first time.

I hope i get a hell of a yield, cocoponics and co2. Should be quite the combonation.

I wonder what i could do with dwc and co2... like a big ass scrog with something like someones jack. That would be the bomb

CoCoSativas

So this is the growth in 3 days after adding co2. Before and after pictures. There's only 4 days between these pics.They are going quite well

I'm digging the co2. I got the bucket working properly now, its bubbling through the indicator. Its not so stinky anymore. I'm quite pleased with the results Im seeing. The co2 in veg is speeding things up, hopefully I can get some clones in a few days

Last edited:

CoCoSativas

I am very pleased with the growth under the cfl. I know the parabolic isn't ideal for the lamp but it is effective so I'm not complaining. I am in love with the parabolic shade it produces an excellent light spread, and is perfect size to cover a square meter. Next thing I want to add to the tent is an adjust a wing, but I'm happy with the parabolic for the next while.

I'll be hooking up my can filter and airflow pretty soon. I need to pick up an a.c. and some ducting. Until then I'm sticking with the cfl and staying in veg.

Here's the girls today. I moved the bucket and raised the co2 meter to plant level for the test thread

Everyone is doing well. I'm very happy with this grow

Last edited:
Looking good man. I'm looking at getting into coco just to simplify things a bit. I was wondering if you cut the coco with perlite? Of just going straight coco? Cheers.

CoCoSativas

Looking good man. I'm looking at getting into coco just to simplify things a bit. I was wondering if you cut the coco with perlite? Of just going straight coco? Cheers.

Right now I'm in strait coco, 1 gal growing bags. I have 8 cubic feet of coco in my closet (I scaled down my project) however I don't know if I'll use any I may just do strait coco this run. It all depends on how I feel in a week but thinking I'm going to save the perlite for now and go strait coco.

Here's some clones I took tonight. I'll take more in a week but I want to see how they do. They are in coco, under a dome with t5. I would highly recommend domes as the clones seem to wilt without one. I'm also using a heat mat and stim-root.

I'm considering the root gel in the future (just to try it out) and I also want to build a hydroponic cloner, my last attempt failed.

This is my first coco clone attempt I hope it works. I've had success in Rockwool but I hate the stuff and don't know where mine is its packed away.

I highly recommend coco. Hempys look cool as well though. I'd be more likely to put perlite in grow bags on a ebb and flow table, that would be dope.

I'd recommend gh flora in coco, very ph stable. Also heard great things about gh cocotek , I vegged with gh biothrive, was very good and my thread about biothrive and pbp yielded lots of answers from people who enjoyed both alot.
Have also heard lots good about canna and house and garden, but pricey for me when floras so good and a good price.

So many quality foods to chose from.

Sweet, paydays coming, I can try out a little bottle of floralicious plus for kicks. I've heard lots about it, why not try it. It's pricey though, 25 bucks a 250ml, and 65 for a quart.

Also thinking of switching silica to gh armour site. It requires a smaller doses and I'd rather try going gh all the way this run. Bonus my shops carrying it now.

Last edited:

CoCoSativas

So quick update. Pick after the cloning. I also took some Rockwool clones to do a side by side see which clones do better.

The two Kali mist plants. ^ Small one was germinated after the rest were already at first leaves. I have a 6 pack of Kali fems , I wanted to stuff a extra one in there. The other fems in the room came from mix packs and the school was last of a pack.

Super lemon haze ^

Jamaican grapefruit cross ^

My Nepal x skunk. ^ I made these seeds early 2013

I got clones for everything except the super lemon haze and and the smaller Kali mist . Plants will stay in veg for about one more week then go into flower. I really want a cut of that slh plant. It has the haziest leaves out of the whole pack.

Last edited:

CoCoSativas

Arjans strawberry haze. It's not really impressing me in veg, I guess it must have some hidden potential hopefully. We are looking forward to this one to bud, hoping it will be good. She is the lightest feeder of them all, she's the only one I noticed with burnt tips.

So far I'm happy with this grow, can't wait to hook up my gavita and hortilux combo. Wow brightest 600 I've seen other than the gavita pro 600....

al70

Veteran
Maybe I missed something here coco, I'm interested in the parabolic shades yer using, how do ye keeping things cool in there ?

CoCoSativas

Right now no temp control needed. I'm running a big 200 Watt cfl, it doesn't kick much heat

When I switch to my hps I'm going to put a window at unit up against the square vent of the tent and cool the tent.

Air cooling bulbs is outdated In my view, we know it's better to cool a room. Glass in front of a bulb... Why? Check out the gavita pro, its concept is what lead me here, but I wanted a larger shade for less intense but more even light. I'll post a neat diagram I found that shows what I mean about the spread.

Some good I knew used parabolic over his hydro tables. His yields were intense to say the least. He could yield great but he is a useless human being who ripped me off so I don't care where he is in life now, but I'm glad I saw someone using these reflectors with such a great result.

CoCoSativas

So here is a diagram showing spreads from designs such as a parabolic, adjust a wing (a reflector I'd love to try) and a smaller one (close in designed to the gavita spread).

I see benefit to all these designed, depending on your environment.

This tent grow was originally going to be a whole room project , so I'm using the parabolics from that project. I have a few waiting to get setup at a later time.

I love the design of the adjust a wing, its also very well built. I intent to try them when I retire these parabolics.

I did really dig the idea of the gavita pro but I'd need a taller building to use them as intended. Maybe some day, but until then I get to try out what the industry has that's better suited to lower ceilings.

PinkMagic

Hortilux warentees bulbs for a year so if its a bulb malfunction they will replace them.

Im buying the gavita enhanced bulbs when im done with the hortilux bulbs i have.

I cant wait till the babies are big enough for me to clone so i can switch to flower.

i was not aware of the warranty, good to know. How is the gavita light system ?
I cant wait to have my grow started. every day that passes by is a stake to my heart.

CoCoSativas

i was not aware of the warranty, good to know. How is the gavita light system ?
I cant wait to have my grow started. every day that passes by is a stake to my heart.

The gavita digistar is deadly. Quite the ballast. It's silent, I love that, it's Dutch made. So far as I have seen, the hortilux and gavita combo is as bright as any 1000 mag I've had. I started with cheap Chinese digitals a while back. Didn't like the rfi or the crazy hot cases. They were walk.

Went to some old school mags, loved them except the heat and noise, that hum was terrible.

So I decided to get some pro quality gear to really drive my bulbs. Something silent, the case doesn't get crazy hot...

RFI is still a problem with gavita, (big time) so I shortened the cord to a foot. Hopefully that won't be a issue, if it is I will shorten the cord more.

Hortilux is expensive but warranties their bulbs longer than the "best results" lifetime which is 9 months. Warentee is for a year.

CoCoSativas

I made like 9 oil joint papers then put some oil I n the vial for later dabs. Oil and wax, that's some good stuff.

Glowing titanium nail, huge hoot and yeah I'm ripped

Air cooling bulbs is outdated In my view, we know it's better to cool a room. Glass in front of a bulb... Why? Check out the gavita pro, its concept is what lead me here, but I wanted a larger shade for less intense but more even light. I'll post a neat diagram I found that shows what I mean about the spread.

Some good I knew used parabolic over his hydro tables. His yields were intense to say the least. He could yield great but he is a useless human being who ripped me off so I don't care where he is in life now, but I'm glad I saw someone using these reflectors with such a great result.

I don't know if it's fair to say that air cooling fixtures is outdated... For some people it's not feasible to run an AC all day. Also in cases like mine, I have limited height and a cooled hood is the only way I can keep my canopy from frying.

All I'm saying is that there are different styles of lighting/venting for different situations. One isn't necessarily outdated, it might just not be ideal for your situation.

CoCoSativas

I don't know if it's fair to say that air cooling fixtures is outdated... For some people it's not feasible to run an AC all day. Also in cases like mine, I have limited height and a cooled hood is the only way I can keep my canopy from frying.

All I'm saying is that there are different styles of lighting/venting for different situations. One isn't necessarily outdated, it might just not be ideal for your situation.

Cooling bulbs isint really great, you are actually diminishing the amount of light it outputs by cooling the arc tube. As well you loose light because of glass. Air passing through damages the reflector.

That's not what I'm looking for.

Lol the ac unit will cost less to run than a lamp, I'm not that concerned. Power isint that expensive in my area so air cooling the room is feasible for me. Besides I need the smallest actually you can buy for a tent, no matter where you live, I'm sure anyone can handle a extra 10 bucks a month it's really not that much to run a small ac unit

As for frying tops, I'm growing a bunch of sativa in a 6 foot tent. When they flower I will obviously have to tie or prune the plants. I also have limited height, but it's not that bad.

If i was in a super short room I'd look at other lighting than hid but that's just me. I've seen lots of excellent led and cfl grown weed.

Thanks for dropping by Steve. You are definitely right there are many styles of lights and have, and air cooling bulbs...not for me.

Max light received by the plants is what I go for.

I'm taking more clones in a minute, at least one more Kali mist. The clones I've taken in the last few days are looking good. They flopped a bit yesterday but when I woke up this morning they looked great. Pic in a few minutes

Last edited:

CoCoSativas

The clones. I'm still new to cloning but have had some success doing it. I learned from someone who only did cloning before they met me. They taught me cloning, I taught them growing from seed.

Sweet the super lemon haze must be getting close to being clonable . Few more days and everyone's going into flower, I just need that one cut then I'm ready

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts