What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

60 DE Nanolux 600 Coco DTW setup/grow

eric2028

Veteran
Thanks guys. I have seen that larger pipe used. I figure if I build 3 separate structures per row I might be ok. I’ve also considered the buckets with poles and the cargo rods too. Building this thing is gonna suck.

fuck 3/4 pvc for trellis, its way over kill, you can also forget the 18" its too far apart we use 12" here, some strains may need a third layer.

my trellis is free standing, meaning its in my trays not fastened to shit.

these will be very important
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Way-1-2-in-Tee-PVC-Fitting-Elbow-Build-Heavy-Duty-PVC-Furniture-PVC-Half/333263667077?hash=item4d980fff85:g:wYIAAOSwm2NdJtrk

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Way-1-2-inch-Tee-PVC-Fitting-Elbow-Build-PVC-Furniture-12-pack/333167693669?hash=item4d92578f65:g:ppMAAOSwdOdch0d8

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PVC-Furniture-Grade-Cross-1-1-2-Inch-FITS-1-9-INCH-PIPE/222417349970?hash=item33c91b6d52:g:AagAAOSw81dZuwgs:sc:USPSFirstClass!92324!US!-1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2-Inch-PVC-5-Way-X-Pipe-Fitting-Furniture-Grade-FITS-0-84-INCH-PIPE/323825747415?hash=item4b6584c5d7:g:QvwAAOSw2Mxc9q8P:sc:USPSFirstClass!92324!US!-1

i think i got mine from one vendor off amazon, but i know you will need a UK source

almost forgot the trellis https://www.ebay.com/itm/TENAX-2A150029-Hortonova-SM-Trellis-48-x-250-ft-White/273915009281?epid=0&hash=item3fc69b5901:g:JbwAAOSwPqFdHQOK

almost forgot you are in short room, save yourself the PVC trouble and use load lockers from floor to ceiling, check out Treetroit_city on IG he uses the setup and its cheap fast and easy

https://www.amazon.com/Cargo-Stabilizer-Bar-Adjustable-Ratcheting/dp/B00XQFAN1W/ref=sr_1_24?crid=29FIJDQGMLL94&keywords=load+bars+for+pickup+trucks&qid=1563740859&s=gateway&sprefix=truck+bar+load+%2Caps%2C210&sr=8-24
Thanks for all the links buddy. I ordered a crap ton of 3 and 4 way corners. Here is the net I use https://www.agriculturesolutions.com/netting-and-fencing/trellis-support-netting
I buy it by the 3280’ roll for cheap. Oh yeah I’m in the US also

Tagged in
TREETROIT in the house! Glad to have ya

eric2028

Veteran
Well after building a trellace structure of pvc and also using support rods I have a few thoughts to share. The trellace structure was fairly cheap to build but it took a good amount of labor. Also it’s not cool to in stall a structure by yourself. I used rope ratchets to the ceiling instead of legs. It keeps the net good and tight. I definitely favor the support rods I gotta say. It cost more up front but I installed all the rods and trained the entire canopy in the time it took to build that pvc structure. So support rods FTW!! Thanks guys for the thoughts and ideas!!
picture.php

I keep trying to think of a problem with using those support rods.. scanning that picture over and over.. and I just can’t think of any circumstance they might cause an issue :dance013:

Looks good man, a lot of the time the best solutions are the simplest. Might have missed it, but what did you end up pulling yield wise, per light, watt, whatever? :tiphat:

Your drain trays have had me intrigued since I first saw them. Trying to come up with something similar, just a smaller scale. Was originally just going to use 4 3x3 tables draining to condensate pumps, but I’m thinking of changing that up after seeing your setup. Anything you’d change about it in retrospect, or would definitely do different if you were installing in a smaller room? (8x11, 2 4x8’s with aisle in middle). Currently running smart pots on the floor with blumats. What a stupid idea, but by the time I battled every other problem I had, the plants needed the space and I couldn’t make up my mind on what I wanted to do fast enough. Thank god there’s a floor drain not too far away xD.

Last edited:

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Eric,

Really looking good. I’ve been rocking the same jacks formula as you and the plants are looking better than I ever remember. Thanks for that info.

Quick question when you take cuts - I see your recipe for the water inside he turboklone, but do you use any cloning gel or anything on the actual cuts? Let me know when you get a chance. Thank you!!

aod

eric2028

Veteran
I keep trying to think of a problem with using those support rods.. scanning that picture over and over.. and I just can’t think of any circumstance they might cause an issue :dance013:

Looks good man, a lot of the time the best solutions are the simplest. Might have missed it, but what did you end up pulling yield wise, per light, watt, whatever? :tiphat:

Your drain trays have had me intrigued since I first saw them. Trying to come up with something similar, just a smaller scale. Was originally just going to use 4 3x3 tables draining to condensate pumps, but I’m thinking of changing that up after seeing your setup. Anything you’d change about it in retrospect, or would definitely do different if you were installing in a smaller room? (8x11, 2 4x8’s with aisle in middle). Currently running smart pots on the floor with blumats. What a stupid idea, but by the time I battled every other problem I had, the plants needed the space and I couldn’t make up my mind on what I wanted to do fast enough. Thank god there’s a floor drain not too far away xD.
I can’t see anything wrong with them either. I’m impressed. Maybe I ll get them installed in about 1/10th the time and run out of things to do, lol. I do like my platforms and square farmers. Their clean,neat and hide the drain hoses. Afew things I don’t like: after a bit the trays get gunky, drip clean helps. When I defolaite leaves go everywhere, they have to be cleaned out of my trays. When a few gets missed they can clog my 3/4” drain and cause a flood. If I was gonna do just a few I’d consider bucket in a bucket drain. Or if you have more plants just a 3x6 or 4x8 drain table.
Eric,

Really looking good. I’ve been rocking the same jacks formula as you and the plants are looking better than I ever remember. Thanks for that info.

Quick question when you take cuts - I see your recipe for the water inside he turboklone, but do you use any cloning gel or anything on the actual cuts? Let me know when you get a chance. Thank you!!

aod
Thanks glad it’s working for you. Nothing on the cuts just your standard 45 cut. The magic is all in the Rez 🤟

eric2028

Veteran
A quick comparison: Hudson atomizer vs graco x7 paint sprayer

I’ve been using the Hudson atomizer for several years. It’s a solid piece of equipment. It’s spray is adjustable and cranked up gives you about a 10’ mist that soaks everything. It’s also only about $195 on amazon. Afew things I don’t care for: it only holds 1.75 gallons which isn’t much. But it’s enough to make it pretty heavy and cumbersome to lug around a packed room with trellace net trying to snag you up. Also if you have tall plants it sux to hold it over your head to spray down inside the plants. Also there is a pin that holds the head on the Rez, it’s kinda cheap and when it breaks you now have $195 paper weight.

Graco x7 paint sprayer
So after talking with some homies I decided to drop the $400 on this thing, also $50 extra for the 50’ hose. So I mixed up 4 gallons of of spray, primed her and went to town. I gotta say it was pretty effortless. I mean this thing really laid down the spray. 4 gallons went In about 15 minutes. The gun was light weight and super easy to spray at every angle. The spray is also adjustable. At this point I don’t see any draw backs to this sprayer besides the price. Just my thoughts I’ll revisit this if something changes.
picture.php

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What are you spraying? Sounds like a good trade off hose vs luggin around a few gallons. I was actually about to buy one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SBC1DQL/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_7?smid=ARLWOLH2TNLDW&psc=1

But the thought of having to lug all that around and not hit anything between aisles left it in the save for later and think about it category. Glad you posted this.

Ps it has been long enough did MKP addition fix your veg issues or ya still got some wily ones? For now my mega crop for veg then switch to jacks for flower and hand water megacrop and additives once a week is killin it.

H

hunter77

Well after building a trellace structure of pvc and also using support rods I have a few thoughts to share. The trellace structure was fairly cheap to build but it took a good amount of labor. Also it’s not cool to in stall a structure by yourself. I used rope ratchets to the ceiling instead of legs. It keeps the net good and tight. I definitely favor the support rods I gotta say. It cost more up front but I installed all the rods and trained the entire canopy in the time it took to build that pvc structure. So support rods FTW!! Thanks guys for the thoughts and ideas!!
View Image
impressive eric2028 :bump:

eric2028

Veteran
What are you spraying? Sounds like a good trade off hose vs luggin around a few gallons. I was actually about to buy one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SBC1DQL/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_7?smid=ARLWOLH2TNLDW&psc=1

But the thought of having to lug all that around and not hit anything between aisles left it in the save for later and think about it category. Glad you posted this.

Ps it has been long enough did MKP addition fix your veg issues or ya still got some wily ones? For now my mega crop for veg then switch to jacks for flower and hand water megacrop and additives once a week is killin it.
I’m spraying Monterrey(spinosad) for a minor thrip infestation. Also, I spray regalia once a week until about week 4 in bloom.
Yes between the mkp and decreasing light intensity my issue cleared up with 1.5 weeks. Now I’m week 2.5 in bloom and everything is perfect. A gradual increase to 115% is a must. That mega crop sounds good. Does it gunk up your reZ?
That sprayer def got good reviews. I don’t think you can go wrong with that paint sprayer tho. Plus, you could always take up painting lol j/k. ✌️

Last edited:

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool I have the regalia and the V one on the way to test out. My bti really keeps numbers down, but not enough for me. I don't want to see any and the, flyers, always a couple surviving. Why I had been researching foggers.

On the mc I don't even want to risk it in my rez. I just hand water it in every sunday with benes and stuff. The kelp in it is what worries me. I have a few people doing ops I respect that use it and have no problems with a filter in the line. One of them even does mass blumats like I am going to do. I chose blumats over my manifolds I had already bought (sigh) because power outages are a real risk to consider in my area.

My plants are perfection in veg with 4g of mc per gal ro water from clone to 6 inches and 5g of mc per gallon ro water from then on out. 1 inch and up seedling plants get 320 ppm which should be 2g a gallon of ro water.

Shit is really that brain dead.

Absolem

I’m spraying Monterrey(spinosad) for a minor thrip infestation. Also, I spray regalia once a week until about week 4 in bloom.
Yes between the mkp and decreasing light intensity my issue cleared up with 1.5 weeks. Now I’m week 2.5 in bloom and everything is perfect. A gradual increase to 115% is a must. That mega crop sounds good. Does it gunk up your reZ?
That sprayer def got good reviews. I don’t think you can go wrong with that paint sprayer tho. Plus, you could always take up painting lol j/k. ✌️

Good to hear.:woohoo:

Peace

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Run the cloner a bunch, never had roots like these. Thank you for the flow of knowledge and experience

Attachments

• 0A60BCCF-E564-4046-9AA5-2DCD9BE0C1D8.jpg
    0A60BCCF-E564-4046-9AA5-2DCD9BE0C1D8.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 35

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
^ i am about to throw my first set in with that formula, looking forward to see what happens. Good looking roots itsmychoice.

aod

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I don’t get in a hurry for roots and don’t have much problem seeing cuts root but never have they been so thick, like octopus arms instead of the usual stringy jellyfish tentacles. Good luck to you.

eric2028

Veteran
About 2.5 weeks into bloom. Notice the plants aren’t 7 feet tall? Is this what complete canopy control feels like?!?��
picture.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts