What's new

60 days and still all clear trichs?!?

After 60 days of flowering Chronic by Serious Seeds, 90% of the trichromes I have been able to observe are still clear!

This has occurred several times when I have grown before, across several different strains:
-Northern Lights by Nirvana
-Skunk #1xSouth African Durban Poison by Sam the Skunkman
-ICE by Nirvana
-and a few others I can't remember

Am I doing something wrong?

I plan to harvest at day 62 and have been feeding the plants pH-adjusted tap water and Clear-ex for the last 10 days.

J

jipedestran

what could you be doing wrong? other than harvest too early.

have the same pheno's of these aforementioned strains finished quicker for you in the past?
if so, maybe your temps are warmer this time. that increases ripening times.

if not, maybe the problem is not the plant, but your planning. maybe that individual pheno of Chronic will finish in 70 or 75 days....

peace
jip

krustytheclown said:
After 60 days of flowering Chronic by Serious Seeds, 90% of the trichromes I have been able to observe are still clear!

This has occurred several times when I have grown before, across several different strains:
-Northern Lights by Nirvana
-Skunk #1xSouth African Durban Poison by Sam the Skunkman
-ICE by Nirvana
-and a few others I can't remember

Am I doing something wrong?

I plan to harvest at day 62 and have been feeding the plants pH-adjusted tap water and Clear-ex for the last 10 days.

do you use c02 or just air exchange?

Did you have any problems? (pests, lockouts, overfeeding)

breeders guidelines are for optimal conditions.

For example: if you had stunting for 10 days add 10 days to flowering.

Basically be patient and wait, or harvest when you plan.

Sativa you probably want to pull before it goes to amber
indicas/kushes better going to amber

Hope that helps.

Maybe provide little more info about your setup? and others can share.

-Peace

what could you be doing wrong? other than harvest too early.

My first thought.

He did not do that yet, so hopefully plans change.

usually with more time, you will get more weight, more potency, more flavors, more colors.

swelled caylx's covered in trichs are gorgeous.

Patience is a virtue often neglected in this hobby.

Stay Positive

KRUSTY< I checked out the grow in your SIG.

you probably need more time.

calyxs will swell up, pull early and you lose weight and potency.

70+ days will probably be better!!

I don't know those strains but know little bit about cannabis. :)

Only way you can really know is try it!!!! it will pay off.

check out these pics, 63 not yet amber, 76 days amber
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=89131

hope that helps

J

jipedestran

yukino asano
nice link and pics. there are some others on this board that are crazy for the Bubba.

drop by the East Coast threads and take a look.

agreed on added time.

peace
jip

Mr.Gr33n

if u used a 250w light and a 1000w
your finishing time would be greatly changed....

if the crystals are 90% clear..
do not chop em!

I definitely agree with the majority here and say do not chop, the earliest I would recommend is at 50/50 clear/cloudy, and if you want CBNs and CBDs (aka couch lock), let the triches start to go amber. How far you let it go is all personal taste. I like a minority clear/amber and about half or more cloudy. You probably have a week or so left.

Thanks, everyone. I'll wait for as long as I can, but I must absolutely chop on Day 64. Check back to my grow (in my sig) to see how it turns out.

J

jipedestran

smokeymacpot said:
if u chop too early, the bud is WEAK. 64days wont do it, your gonna need like 75days..

very helpful....the man said he needed to chop at day 64. how in the world do you expect him to take them out another 11 days?

I would also disagree with your statement. any dope that is good at 75 days is not going to be "weak" at 64.

peace
jip

smokeymacpot

Veteran
jipedestran said:
very helpful....the man said he needed to chop at day 64. how in the world do you expect him to take them out another 11 days?

I would also disagree with your statement. any dope that is good at 75 days is not going to be "weak" at 64.

peace
jip

he could put it on a window sill, in a corner of a well lit room e.t.c
and u may disagree but ive grown strong strains before and its more of a high that doesnt last very long at 60days, but works alot better at 75-85days. the packet says 55-60, so go figure...
whats better a couple of oz of weed that gives u a quick buzz with no stone or a couple of oz of weed that really hits home?

If you must chop it try letting it go the last two days in the dark on the cool side it will signal the plant that its coming to an end mabey it will help ripen a little more and also pack on a little more resin good luck.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
smokeymacpot said:
whats better a couple of oz of weed that gives u a quick buzz with no stone or a couple of oz of weed that really hits home?

The buzz. Definately, the buzz. Really. Though, I can only imagine you think I'm nuts. :pointlaug

Krusty. Sometimes ya gotta pull early. I just went through it myself. You are not alone. We'll do better next time. :wave:

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
problem with seedbanks is sometimes they spill beans or mislabel them.. just run them and document growth traits best as possible. once had a pack of afghan genetics that suppose to finish in under 50 dayss ended up going well over 80 to get to ffull maturity. nothin worst than puttin all that time only to wind up with premature buds.. but once you get it dialed in than it wont be an issue because youll get plenty of smoke and will only want to harvest buds at their prime..if your really feening for smoke, hit up a dealer.

it kills me when i hear personal growers rip buds off of plants and quick dry them cause they got nothin else to smoke...makes me want to mail them a sack..

(ps) are you sure on day of flowering? i once had someone think they could get a plant from seed to bud in 8weeks (seedbank reccomended flowering time) not to account for the 30 days spent vegging does not contribute to the 8weeks of required flowering..

good luck my friend and feel free to ask questions. thats how you learn!BhT

blackone

Veteran
BiG H3rB Tr3E said:
problem with seedbanks is sometimes they spill beans or mislabel them.. just run them and document growth traits best as possible. once had a pack of afghan genetics that suppose to finish in under 50 dayss ended up going well over 80 to get to ffull maturity. nothin worst than puttin all that time only to wind up with premature buds.. but once you get it dialed in than it wont be an issue because youll get plenty of smoke and will only want to harvest buds at their prime..if your really feening for smoke, hit up a dealer.

it kills me when i hear personal growers rip buds off of plants and quick dry them cause they got nothin else to smoke...makes me want to mail them a sack..

(ps) are you sure on day of flowering? i once had someone think they could get a plant from seed to bud in 8weeks (seedbank reccomended flowering time) not to account for the 30 days spent vegging does not contribute to the 8weeks of required flowering..

Nah - nothing wrong with snipping off a small bud if you have nothing else to smoke. Still beats spending cash on the street even if you're not smoking it at it's full potential.
But for the main harvest - just have some patience:)

smokeymacpot said:
he could put it on a window sill, in a corner of a well lit room e.t.c
and u may disagree but ive grown strong strains before and its more of a high that doesnt last very long at 60days, but works alot better at 75-85days. the packet says 55-60, so go figure..

Now that I think of it, your suggestion may have merit. I have a guest coming over I don't want to know I am growing and my grow cabinet is a room he will definitely be in.

BUT, I have a walk-in closet with a window which he definitely will NOT be in, into which I could move the plants (the cabinet will have to stay in place, thought).

The problem: the light pollution in my area is terrible, so the plants will be exposed to fairly strong light all night- strong enough to read by; there is nothing I can do to reduce it.

The guest is only going to be at my place for 18 hours, tops, coming in the evening, leaving in the morning. My lights are on during the day, off at night.

Would it hurt the plants if I put them in the walk-in closet and took the hit on them being in constant light for a full 24-36 hours?

kbc2007

tell me you have a carbon filter?!
if so just keep things the way they are now...if he's not going to be in the room.
i mean if you chop you have to dry them anyways and they stink right?
just make sure to have incense and air fresheners going.
you may be used to the subtle weed smell, your guest will not.
anyways, i wouldn't chop yet but if you do it's still good smoke.
i took some of mine when it was all clear, 20% cloudy and it gets me ripped up.
GL.

Jon

BiG H3rB Tr3E said:

Agreed 100%. Because it's so easy for people, especially people with families, to take an unexpected $20 out of the family budget and drive down to Arco AM/PM and make a shady drug transaction for some herb that may or may not be better than your own premature fire when you're stressin' hard or having an anxiety attack.