What's new

$60.00 4x4x6.5 Flowering Chamber

dub 6

nice setup!

I just built a 4x5 foot cab out of 3/4" pvc and black/white poly and duct tape and a couple tarp zippers. It's air-tight and I had to make poly "blinds" to light-proof the zippers. I'm gonna air-cool my hood with the blower pulling air from outside the cab and through the hood, then blown outside the cab and through a DIY muffler. Now here is my question, I am exhausting the cab with a 6" blower pulling air through the cab through a passive intake, but HOW do i light-proof a passive intake??? I am new to ventilation and need to know so i can get this thing ready for action. The only light-proofing that needs to be done is this passive intake thing, which i have yet to cut. Any ideas??:confused:

considering that the walls are poly, id probably cut a 6" diameter hole in the bottom somewhere and run some 6" ducting thru it... and tape it up to make it light tight. on the outside, bend the ducting every which way to prevent leakage... like a candy cane shape.

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great idea with the double sided tape i normally just staple through a peice of cardboard and plastic, I'm about 2 build a second flower room and i'm going to use it thanks for the tip

M

milehighmedical

I'm planning on doing this with a 4x8. I have everything except the 2x4s. Should be fun. Thanks for the pics.

M

milehighmedical

did you start? how will you be providing support for the negative pressure?

I'm not sure if I quite understand, but are you asking how I'm going to keep the plastic walls from sucking in? Well, they will inevitably a little bit. An extra support beam and stretching the plastic as tight as possible will be all I can do. But before I had a temp wall sucking in pretty bad covering a 10'x6.5' open space, and it never bothered me or got in my way too much.

I'm toying around with scratching the plastic in favor of some insulated foam board type of stuff. They should be pretty cheap. Then I have some rolls of mylar for the inside.

FrankRizzo

Listen to me jerky
No offense, it's cool you are trying to help and it might help someone else here. But I'm just guessing that the guy might have figured it out in the last four years, as this is a rather old thread.

I

In Vino Veritas

I'm not sure if I quite understand, but are you asking how I'm going to keep the plastic walls from sucking in? Well, they will inevitably a little bit. An extra support beam and stretching the plastic as tight as possible will be all I can do. But before I had a temp wall sucking in pretty bad covering a 10'x6.5' open space, and it never bothered me or got in my way too much.

I'm toying around with scratching the plastic in favor of some insulated foam board type of stuff. They should be pretty cheap. Then I have some rolls of mylar for the inside.

Yea you understood me fine, were thinking the same thing.. knauf insulation board, i don't think that the metal stuff is any less reflective than white paint or poly. I'm planning on doing a bunch of top fed rock wool slabs so I don't need much reflective wall space.. I'll probably just like it with white poster board where the plants would be.

T

The Sensi Rebel

My idea is to build a 4x4x6 wooden frame, then modify it to be able to house many small plants on 3 sides of the frame, so I'd have a Vertical SOG for clones on a perpetual basis, with 400w in the middle.

Any advice on how to build it/set it up, space plants, or anything for that matter?

Mucho Appreciado

-TSR-

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
first of all, look at the dates on the posts/threads before posting.
and secondly, you should ask this in the vertical sub forum on icmag..
then, why not use the 4-th side if you want to do a vert grow? I don't know that much about vert grows, but if I'd think about one, I'd use all the space I'd have around the bulb.

good luck! :wave:

T

The Sensi Rebel

1. I saw the most relatable thread, so I posted. I'm not a stranger to IC lol..
2. I asked because I'm doing the same thing, but 6" shorter.
3. Need an entrance yo! haha, its just a hobby/lifestyle for me to experiment. but I'm just ponderin' what I could do to the frame to customize it to this style.

I've been thinking about it for like 2 days,

I could either screw small pieces of a 2"x4" to a larger one and cement glue saucers for small pots, adding them to be a part of the frame?

Or..

find small shelving to put in there?
or, PVC? 2x4's in buckets of cement with the same idea of the small pieces and saucers so i can take them out?
I don't know, any ideas? It's kind of hard setting up a vertical grow from scratch, that isn't part of an already existing room? Its my summer project only, and I have a flower box anyways, I just am putzin.

I

In Vino Veritas

first of all, look at the dates on the posts/threads before posting.
and secondly, you should ask this in the vertical sub forum on icmag..
then, why not use the 4-th side if you want to do a vert grow? I don't know that much about vert grows, but if I'd think about one, I'd use all the space I'd have around the bulb.

good luck! :wave:

Lol, nothing wrong with bringing up old threads. It means folks are searching and gathering ideas..

Neat thing is this is now a very relevant thread since the costs of tents is retarded high.

T

The Sensi Rebel

Lol, nothing wrong with bringing up old threads. It means folks are searching and gathering ideas..

Neat thing is this is now a very relevant thread since the costs of tents is retarded high.

Agreed! Sorry I don't sit at my computer all day picking through ICMAG threads as thoroughly as I'd like.

but yes! it is a great method. my tent setup is about a month, month and a half old and its way better than any cab I've built! Its something any homegrower should consider for a low-budget customizable grow tent. Fuck Secret Jardin.You can make better using your mind and hands!

Latest posts

Latest posts