What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

6 Brand Filter Bag Review (Lots of Pics!)

Psuper

largest hash bag

largest hash bag

The original ice hash bag inventor and owner of Pollinator Co, Mila, sent me a pic of the largest bag which, "fits a small kiddy pool with a diameter of 2.5 meters".

picture.php

I blurred out some faces to be nice.

Big up to Mila for letting me post this picture here!

:chin:

:smokeit:

ambertrich

Veteran
Psuper, very nice write up of your observations of the different bags.

I have a set of Sprung bags that I have been very happy with. For the price, I was quite suprised when I first got them and did the new toy inspection on em. Really nice quality bags themselves, not extra bells and whistles, but gets the job done nicely. For the average user, I think they are a great choice.

Thanks again for putting this review together!

Psuper

Psuper, very nice write up of your observations of the different bags.

I have a set of Sprung bags that I have been very happy with. For the price, I was quite suprised when I first got them and did the new toy inspection on em. Really nice quality bags themselves, not extra bells and whistles, but gets the job done nicely. For the average user, I think they are a great choice.

Thanks again for putting this review together!

I totally agree.

that is what bags you like most from the quality?

I love the soft material of Ice-O-Lator (AKA Bubbleator Bags) bags but for rigid walled bags KBR really impressed me with thinking of EVERY detail in their 2-bag set. I was impressed with all the brands included here though.

Psuper

picture.php

Above pic shows some blond 73μ next to some hand-pressed 38μ I got from some of these bags just recently.

bubbleman

Veteran
Yeah very Nice thread indeed... i had NO idea there were this many bag manufacturers .... nice to see its growing

Lets save that RESIN people... what ever method or product you choose... Dont ever throw that trim away...

peace
Bubble man

Psuper

A big thanks for the all the nice comments from everyone.

...i had NO idea there were this many bag manufacturers ....

In my emails with various companies, nobody knew there were so many companies and no person had ever had there hands on this many brands. There are at least twenty-one (21) companies manufacturing filter bags.

AquaLabTech

The Hashish Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
Good Thread

Good Thread

Nice to See a Thread Like this out there.

Good Job!!

Aqua Lab Tech

fuzzymuffin

I wonder if there is some way to put all of these bags though some sort of abuse test to see how they hold up to heavy use. I expect this is where the more premium sets would shine.

fuzzymuffin

The original ice hash bag inventor and owner of Pollinator Co, Mila, sent me a pic of the largest bag which, "fits a small kiddy pool with a diameter of 2.5 meters".

picture.php

I blurred out some faces to be nice.

Big up to Mila for letting me post this picture here!

:chin:

:smokeit:

I wonder how that bag is used. The shear weight of the water in the bag would put one hell of a strain on it as it was hoisted from bath. Perhaps the bag is set in the bath with some kind of rack under it and the water is pumped out rather than the bag being lifted from the bath to drain?

Psuper

I've posted my list of available screen sizes a couple times here already. But here's a list of the available bag sizes which I hadn't posted yet:

One (1) gal

Five (5) gal

Eighteen (18) gal

Twenty (20) gal

Thirty Two (32) gal

Fifty (50) gal

Fifty Five (55) gal

& the 2.5 meter (8.2 ft!!) wide model unique to Pollinator which I shared a picture of above.

I've also updated the list of bag brands (on page 2). A couple additions; AquaLab is selling a different brand than before, and here's a short list of some brands that I think are no longer made:

420 Bags

Pollen Extraction Bags (from GrassCity)

Black Water Hydro

Schwagg Bagg

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
Hello friends,

I am a few years into this hash making learning process. I have done bubblehash many times, as I used to get a friends trim for free, when my stash was low. I had a real hard time when I had to go back to smoking straight nuggets. I bought a cheaper set of bags and now regret it. After a half dozen or more batches the plastic liner on the inside of the bag started to wear off....INTO THE HASH. I threw out the bags that were getting bad as I noticed. I not am down to two bags, from set of 5, and no longer deal with bubble hash. I miss the best grades I made for sure, but the idea of smoking the plastic liner made me sick to the stomach.

I feel a real test of these brands would really have to include making at least 5 batches start to finish to see how they last. Cause you have to clean the bags and store them in between use, something that adds a little wear and tear to the equation. Otherwise the initial quality of the bags I purchased was also outstanding.

skullz

Last edited:

shmalphy

Veteran
Skullz, if you don't dry them out completely between uses, or store them properly you will get damage to the inside liner of the bags. If you ever get new ones, try storing them in paper bags with newspaper balled up in side them, after hanging them to dry for a few days, preferably with a fan on them.

I have never tried it personally, but I think you could use a clothes dryer as well. I would use a low heat setting though.

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
I too have run into problems with my liners lasting differing lengths of time skullz.

Ive got a set of 4 yr old payload bags that were lightly used that are peelin and a set of sprung bags (20 gal) thats a bit over a year and more heavily used thats also largely unusable due to peeling.

sent a message to vorsprung @ the sprung bag site earlier this week but haven't heard anything yet.

TheBlueSalmon

Great post. Beautiful Pics! Well thought out and executed. This is exactly the type of review that gets people to buy. I know where I am getting my bags from now.

Latest posts

Latest posts