What's new

6/9 & A Pinch BayBay!

Coconutz

Veteran
depends whats in the water and whats in the nute solution
6/9 w/ro is pretty much universal... in the US anyway. We measure shit our way homies.
Anything more than 100-150ppm(.5) of my tap water mixed with 6/9 & ro gives me an overdose of cal or something that makes them dark ugly green and locks out cal

Coconutz

Veteran
Its ridiculous mang
I have a unit that says its 2:1 in perfect conditions, but the tap here is 1.5ec and turns my prefilter(1:1) completely brown in less than a week

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
A few weeks ago I talked a buddy into going coco/MB/Hempy from growing in Miracle grow soil, his plants looked nasty. So I take my bluelab and ph meter with me to mix his first batch and see how much ph up or down he will need with his well water. His well water ec was 0.0 and ph 6.5. added the 7g/galMB and the ec was 1.3 and and 5.8ph. He pulled 10 plants out of soil and washed all the soil off the roots and put them in coco, some were 4' tall. I looked at them yesterday and they all look sweet and happy.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
id clean that shit too! what do you thinks in it? ground up trucks and barns and industrial waste, old neighborhoods, or???? wtf?

cannacultural

Coconutz: For sure, we all use what we got! I'm lucky to have very clean tap water on hand. Just would hate to be drinking tap water like that! At least you look after the girlies by cleaning it up with the RO unit.

Stoned40yrs: damn that's sweet luck. it's nice how some things just fall into place like that. he's got no excuse for not growing some sweet herb

HHULKK

Yo.. I was curious what is your general rule of thumb for the first wet/dry cycle/s after transplant with first watering. The og's I was having problems with seemed to ramp back to normal after giving them a nice feeding with Epsom and allowed it to go a couple days without feeding. I transplanted from 1 to 2s and started feeding daily right off the bat and they sustained but later faded out a little. What's your thoughts? In the past I have always let them get a little dry after the first transplant which in some cases took up to week w/o another feeding. Thanks fellas!

Coconutz

Veteran
If they look light you should be feeding more often.
Get them more nutes without giving them too much at one time.

HHULKK

I think my fading was due to some kinda lockout/stress I had after transplant. Definitely something related to its root mass not filling out the containers. I see plenty roots poking out the bottom drainage holes now as I barely noticed any just a couple days ago. Weird but I'm glad it's on track now.

As far as that general guideline what is your watering frequency that first week after transplant?

cannacultural

I normally transplant from a solo cup equivalent size pot to a 3/4 gal to 3gal. On each transplant I usually water in with half strength nutes, and follow it up 3 days later. Usually good for the third feed after about 5 days

Coconutz

Veteran
I water everyday with full strength.
They will start to look light if I let them dry in the new pots

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
I'm too lazy to water everyday when the seeds/clones are in 16oz hempy cups or after that in 1 gal containers. Every 3-4 days I water/feed full strength 6/9 (till I run out of micro&bloom and switch to MB for early veg too, in a month or 2) Looks like I have 2.5 months for veg so I don't need max growth in a short time anyway. In veg stick them on blumats when they are 2' tall. Once I get perpetual going I may have to try for max growth in a short time and water everyday.

Coconutz

Veteran
Vegged my favorite wifi into a major bush and set it in the perfect spot in the flower room.
Tahoe pot got dry in between waterings and fell over on the new wifi bush and knocked her main cola off!
Fuck swirl!

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Bummer! If you have a favorite wifi then what is it about the other wifis that make you keep them also. I ask because I got 3 phenos from seeds of a unnamed strain that I'm going to flower next run and the plan is to only keep clones of my favorite of the 3.

Coconutz

Veteran
Vigor, size and bomb buds with massive resin production!
I havent tried them all yet and I just popped the 3 seeds!
Gonna be a good year homies!
Lets hope the bottom doesnt fall out on us!

Latest posts

Latest posts