What's new

6/9 & A Pinch BayBay!

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Kinda expensive as a ph up
You can get all the effects of silica with 1ml and a drop of ph up

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One ml per gallon of Protek yields 8ppm of Potassium and 21ppm of Silicon.[/FONT]
x5= 40ppm K & 105ppm silica.
Thats a lot

It's not that easy running MB. I got a choice between the 5ml of protekt or 9ml of potassium hydroxide ph up. More K or more P, pick your poison:biggrin:
I'm still experimenting with the mix, I'd rather keep the protekt lower, like 2-2.5ml. just for the cost :good:

Coconutz

Veteran
Can you mix some tap?
Thats the best ph up because its free!
SM90 also happens to work as ph up and has other benefits

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Can you mix some tap?
Thats the best ph up because its free!
SM90 also happens to work as ph up and has other benefits

By more tap do you mean dilute the 7g per gal MB? I could but then it's probably not Lucas anymore and I don't know enough to feel confident altering the base :biggrin:

Coconutz

Veteran
Oh I assumed that maxi got you down so low because it was RO. I didnt realize you were using tap.
I havent used it in a long time and Ive played with all kinds of nutes since then, so I dont remember much about it.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
My well water is 150 ppm and 7.0 ph. Adding the MB whacks it down to 4.0 ph. With 1ml of protekt it still takes 9ml of ph up to get 5.8.

Coconutz

Veteran
Kosher and Bubba.
picture.php

The Kosher just got put into her new home and got her first taste of the 6/9
That white residue on the bubba is from caps beanies... I wont be using that stuff.
I just put a bubba into flower without topping her and shes really doing great.
Ill probably find a few more with enough branching in veg to throw in there without topping them. It saves a couple of weeks.
They gave me a few 30ml bottles of rapid start that Ill probably try on a couple of bubbas.
Its supposed to be safe to use with SM90. Im not interested in buying any, but Id like to see if theres a difference in the actual structure or yield of the plant.
You cant possibly need healthier roots than Im seeing with sm90, so unless it adds weight I wont be adding it.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
CNutz you grow seed right? Feminized, or do you wait for sex to show? How, when, where do you tell what's what?

theother

Kosher and Bubba.
View Image
The Kosher just got put into her new home and got her first taste of the 6/9
That white residue on the bubba is from caps beanies... I wont be using that stuff.
I just put a bubba into flower without topping her and shes really do great.
Ill probably find a few more with enough branching in veg to throw in there without topping them. It saves a couple of weeks.
They gave me a few 30ml bottles of rapid start that Ill probably try on a couple of bubbas.
Its supposed to be safe to use with SM90. Im not interested in buying any, but Id like to see if theres a difference in the actual structure or yield of the plant.
You cant possibly need healthier roots than Im seeing with sm90, so unless it adds weight I wont be adding it.
IME the bub does well untopped, for whatever reason it kind of likes it, still lots of branching. Im glad someone else is doing it, I was sort of blown away how they came out without a single topping. I was giving them maybe 2 weeks in the final size container then throwing them in. I hope it works for you like it did for me. I felt like it actually created less of the larfy thin branches when done that way.

The rapid start will be fine with sm90 it is basically Indole-3-butyric acid and probably some B vitamins and a bit of N, nothing alive in there to the best of my knowledge. Works as a foliar as well FWIW. I feel like I read somewhere that one does of a hormone like Indole-3 will have an effect on the entire cycle of the plant. Can't quite remember where I read it but it was basically saying that hormones, alter the flow of the natural plant hormones permanently after being applied. Again, not positive about that, will try and find where i was reading it, may have been more about gibrelins and auxins than something like Indole-3-though.

Coconutz

Veteran
CNutz you grow seed right? Feminized, or do you wait for sex to show? How, when, where do you tell what's what?

These are all fem beans. I clone what I like.
Ill probably top that Kosher by next week and have it in flower a week after that.
Now that shes in a pot and getting full strength she will take off real quick.
Id love a pack of Kosher regs... Just wish I could get some info on what male was used. Im not interested if its OG18.
Kosher is supposed to be an S1 of Jews Gold. They may have bred out an OG and have males. I dont know...
Some sites say Kosher fems are Kosher X OG18, but DNA told me they are JG S1s.
The info on the interwebz shows that the regs are xog18

Coconutz

Veteran
IME the bub does well untopped, for whatever reason it kind of likes it, still lots of branching. Im glad someone else is doing it, I was sort of blown away how they came out without a single topping. I was giving them maybe 2 weeks in the final size container then throwing them in. I hope it works for you like it did for me. I felt like it actually created less of the larfy thin branches when done that way.

The rapid start will be fine with sm90 it is basically Indole-3-butyric acid and probably some B vitamins and a bit of N, nothing alive in there to the best of my knowledge. Works as a foliar as well FWIW. I feel like I read somewhere that one does of a hormone like Indole-3 will have an effect on the entire cycle of the plant. Can't quite remember where I read it but it was basically saying that hormones, alter the flow of the natural plant hormones permanently after being applied. Again, not positive about that, will try and find where i was reading it, may have been more about gibrelins and auxins than something like Indole-3-though.

These 30ml bottles will probably last me forever if I just hit them while they are in cups and see if I ever notice a difference

Coconutz

Veteran
I nearly paid the ultimate sacrifice escavating this floppy girl from the mancave!
picture.php

She dried right on the vine and twisted her branches all over everything she could in an attempt to stay in the womb like conditions I provide her with from the day she comes out of the neglected care of her veg tent.
The smell really burns the eyes and nose!

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:canabis:

So I priced out the 6/9 pricing with SM90 + koolbloom + protekt(is this discontinued? - amazon says so) and that shit is 1/3rd the price of my Advanced Nutrient shit.

You use it for veg and cloning right coconutz? just lower ppms, ya?

I like hte idea of not having a separate nutrient bottle and mix for veggers vs bloom.

Do you use koolbloom?

Check this protekt silic 1 gallon = 30$ - Advanced Nutes Rhino Skin 1 gallon = 70$ lol.

I'm going to have to PH this shit? Cause that means the differencei n price is going to come thru in PH gear - start up wise. I haven't ph'd anything in so long - its nice :)

Coconutz

Veteran

So I priced out the 6/9 pricing with SM90 + koolbloom + protekt(is this discontinued? - amazon says so) and that shit is 1/3rd the price of my Advanced Nutrient shit.

I like hte idea of not having a separate nutrient bottle and mix for veggers vs bloom.

Do you use koolbloom?

Check this protekt silic 1 gallon = 30$ - Advanced Nutes Rhino Skin 1 gallon = 70$ lol.

I'm going to have to PH this shit? Cause that means the differencei n price is going to come thru in PH gear - start up wise. I haven't ph'd anything in so long - its nice :)

We debated rhinoskin, remember?
Protek/Grotek 1ml per gal. Rhino 2ml per liter. Its more like $30 vs $560
Your flowering plants look like they have ph issues, so thats a good thing...
Get the Blulab combo meter with the replaceable ph probes. That will save $50 every time your ph needs to be replaced. The tds probes are solid though.
I use koolbloom sparingly... sometimes... Kinda like the rez recipe. I also have the dry, but only hit them once near the end when I cut the micro. Sometimes.
Anyway, you will save more than 75% on your advanced nutes, homie...
When you buy GH in bulk its already 50% less, minus all the additives. Id guess you will save nearly 90% and increase quality and yield nearly as much!
This should also cut your workload in half!
Anyway, 6/9 + 1ml silica & 2ml of sm90 = 6.0ph with my RO water.
Im adding tap & some bleach to my ro tanks now, so its a little different.

cannacultural

What's the story with the SM90? What is it?
Use Nutrilife SM-90 to prevent or treat bacteria, fungus and insect problems. SM-90 is prepared from natural plant oils - the organic composition of SM-90 is biodegradable and non-toxic to humans, animals and plants!
Still not sure what exactly it is though. Is it like neem oil? I have seen other blended horticultural oils (with eucalyptus or tea-tree oils)... I'm already using a fungi/bacteria innoculant (with a wide range of ecto/endomychorrizeae, bacterial species).Haven't seen the SM90 around in shops here either

Coconutz

Veteran
It used to be marketed as a Spider Mite treatment.
Now its just marketed as a wetting agent and its supposed to keep sprayers and lines clear.
Its supposed to prevent anaerobic bacteria in the system and it keeps the smell under control.
$25 a gallon for the best root product Ive ever used.
If they made a gallon of RE it would probably be like $800 and the roots wouldnt look this bad ass!
picture.php

Freshly rooted!
My roots usually look like crap in these cups because they dry out so quickly if I dont transplant them right after they root...
The oil might help them stay moist.
I dont pay much attention to my veg tent.
They stay this bright and sparkly the entire grow!

theother

Do you use koolbloom?

We debated rhinoskin, remember?
Protek is 1ml per.
Your flowering plants look like they have ph issues, so thats a good thing...
I use koolbloom sparingly... sometimes... Kinda like the rez recipe. I also have the dry, but only hit them once near the end when I cut the micro. Sometimes.
Anyway, you will save more than 75% on your advanced nutes, homie...
When you buy GH in bulk its already 50% less, minus all the additives, Id guess you will save nearly 90% and increase quality and yield nearly as much!
silica is the shit! use it, it helps with many things.

Using straight 6/9 no pk boost at any time, i saw great growth, can't imagine I am going to be missing any dry weight from not using the PK. FWIW I have a full tub of AN big bud powder as well as a few other PK boosters (koolbloom powder, hydroplex, and some I can't remember) on hand paid for, no reason not to use them.... except that the plants look fantastic as is. May reconsider a PK boost at another time, but for now I see a bit of tip burn when there cranking on a diluted 6/9 (1.2 ec)

Coconutz

Latest posts

Latest posts