What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

6-2-4 , 5-3-8 and 3-0-8 any good ?

Bio boy

When I grew hydro, it was Gospel, you use Phosphorus and Potassium intensive nutrient during flowering.

There was a little Nitrogen in the General Hydro "Micro" that I used for about 15 years.

I started growing in soil after I took a Hot Composting class taught by a soil science prof. from Berkeley.

There are a lot of different ways to get the Magic to the roots.

I think one of the more interesting calculations a Botanist could do is to calculate ALL the poop and urine excreted by all the animals on Earth during the last Billion years.

The only way "it works" is if the plants turn around and consume that as their own food.

Otherwise it would accumulate in very large piles and puddles.

So basically our job as growers is to massage this flow of poop and ground up bones that goes from the animal world to the plant world.

If we do it right, the plants make some righteous medications to soothe our aching bones.

As far as the numbers "6-2-4-5-3-8-and-3-0-8", it's good to learn how to measure the actual N, P, and K that is getting to the roots.

I'm sure there some good botany-chemistry classes with LABS where they teach people how to measure the actual concentration (measured in Molarity) of all the chemical compounds that are floating to the roots.
Yeah I am jealous of you guys I’ve watched Elaine Ingram’s vids and a guy from Berkeley I got his hot compost printed we do it on the allotment and apparently I’m the “unconventional gardener” lol. Our labs don’t even test what is needed I have to send it to the USA ,over here they haven’t a clue and I’ve done a few local gardening courses and tree surgery over here it’s all chemical we don’t have u over sorts studying organics like you , man we go in our superstore and there is 3 organic veg 2 organic fruit and everything els has 3 fungicides listed known he cause alsorts of problems sold as fresh clean farmers green food …it’s sick

The local gardener here gave me his chicken shit and said I don’t like it or the thought of using it , when I asked what he does then he said he gets a fertiliser from the shop it’s full of chemicals metals and crap

I am told the fu gal food web is a myth and mycelium doesn’t matter and apparently I have to till my land to make it good pfft my beds are softer and worm filled than theirs my soil is a dream out there lol even made a broad fork cause ya can’t buy them here except one metal forging place that sells em for top dollar they think I am crazy lol, all my garden gets outside is chicken shit and fish fert but they also have the soil and all the microbes out there not just poo they got it all lol, where every the poo is the worms go mad and flush up the soil 3inches high it’s awesome clay breaker

So I am YouTube n forum learning , except YouTube every crisp has a different understanding I’ve learnt that they arnt all right some chineese whispers lol

Arnt you the st patty on franks guide for soil building ? Dya stil use his mix ?