What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

6 1000 watt HPS Roots Master Feeding Schedule, Midnight Farms Nursery Clones

hey mammoth, beautiful looking grow.
I noticed you had places you could add risers for a second screen. Are you going to, or maybe I just didn't notice in all that greenery.
You're gonna rake in buds on this one no doubt.

I do have a 2nd level of pvc framing that i took off the frames before this grow started, i may put it back on and throw a trellis with 6" squares on it to support the buds. Wasnt sure how much stretch i was gonna get, most of the tops are like a foot above the screen now so they may need some support when these colas get fat. Thanks for joining in!

Final Pruning

Final Pruning

So last night was day 18 of flower, I went through and pruned the rest of the stuff on the undersides of the plants. Pretty much got everything that wasn't going to get light. In 2 or 3 days I'll defoliate just a few more leaves throughout the canopy and then I won't make any more cuts the rest of their cycle. Thanks for watching!

jewcebox

even around your tops its worth doing a bit of defoliating.

looks like a very nice canopy though man!

i shoulda ran a trellis this time.

also how tall is that room?

even around your tops its worth doing a bit of defoliating.

looks like a very nice canopy though man!

i shoulda ran a trellis this time.

also how tall is that room?

Yeah i always defoliate so every budsite gets a decent amount of light. The ceiling is at a slight angle, like a 4-12 roof or so, one side of the ceiling is about 8'and goes up to 9'

Day 20 Flower 3 pics

Day 20 Flower 3 pics

Today was day 20 of flower, I went through and found maybe 8 girls thirsty and poured a little pure water on them to keep them moist till tomorrow when i water them. I mixed the food up and it should be up to a decent ph by tomorrows watering time. Tomorrow will be day 21, the last day of the third week of flowering, I mixed the nutes according to the schedule for week 4 feeding. It seemed like my lights were a little too close to the Mendo Breath and Sunset Sherbet's so I moved them up a little. I was seeing some leafs canoeing in the top middle of the canopy on those trays, we'll see if by tomorrow they are back to flat leaves :) Enjoy the photos!

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Looking real nice

Looking real nice

That canopy is thick, doesn't look like you are leaving any light wasted. Nice work, keep it up. These next weeks are going to be fun to watch.

Light Height

Light Height

That canopy is thick, doesn't look like you are leaving any light wasted. Nice work, keep it up. These next weeks are going to be fun to watch.

Thanks! My only problem so far has been trying to figure out the perfect light height above the canopy. Right now they are about 33-36" above the actual screen, so most of the canopy is roughly 20" away from the light on average. Do buds under a 1000watt hps that are 3 ft or 36 inches away from the light actually get big and dense? What does everyone think?

Hey Mammoth. Two questions for ya.

1. What brand/model is the sub pump you use to water? Is it oil free? I see some claims about the oil free pumps being better for our purpose... It seems mainly because if the housing fails then oil leeks into the res? Just trying to get that straight. Would love your feedback/input as I am doing something similar.

2. Are you running 16 5 gallon pots per 4x4 or 4x8? Couldn't really tell from reading through. Seems like 4x4 in the pics?

Thanks for any and all Input. Liking what u are doing man.

Pumps and Pots

Pumps and Pots

Hey Mammoth. Two questions for ya.

1. What brand/model is the sub pump you use to water? Is it oil free? I see some claims about the oil free pumps being better for our purpose... It seems mainly because if the housing fails then oil leeks into the res? Just trying to get that straight. Would love your feedback/input as I am doing something similar.

2. Are you running 16 5 gallon pots per 4x4 or 4x8? Couldn't really tell from reading through. Seems like 4x4 in the pics?

Thanks for any and all Input. Liking what u are doing man.

Thanks man! I've been using an EcoPlus 1200gph submersible pump with 1/2" hose and watering wand. Had it for 4 years now and it still runs like a champ! It's made it through at least 15 crops. The water pressure is almost too much, one size smaller pump would be ideal. Not sure about the oil thing. Yes im running 16 - 5gallon pots in each 4x4 tray. I used to do 25 - 3gallon pots, then 20 - 3gallon pots, then 16 - 3 gallon pots, and determined the 3 gallon pots just weren't big enough for a big enough root ball to support 3 - 3 1/2 foot tall plants with 4-8 tops. Now with the 5 gallon pots i have 10-14 tops per plant and they are crushing it!!

Top.Shelf

Beautiful work MammothRoots :tiphat: I didn't think you'd vegged long enough reading through the first few pages, but seems like you flipped them right on time. I've never ran 6kw nor 1kw lights, have run 8x600's though, non air cooled and the plants were happy with them about 18" away from the tops, any closer I the buds bleached a little. When you have multiple light sources I think you can get away with your lamps being slightly higher. Although as yours are air-cooled maybe you could get them down a few more inches and see how the plants react.

Been pretty busy last few days, will post recent pics of the room when I get off work in a little while. They are pretty impressive looking now for 27 days into flower! The pics Ill post are from day 25 after finishing the defoliation.

Latest posts

Latest posts