What's new

5x 1kw multiple vert test room

Mister_D

Veteran
Mr D swears that with lower ppm`s across the board that he don`t need it , but....cheap insurance in my book......anyways......

Literally grown thousands of plants without the need for it, but as I stated earlier....... If it works for ya, by all means use it. I still maintain it isn't needed if proper feed practices are in place.

D

DHF

Literally grown thousands of plants without the need for it, but as I stated earlier....... If it works for ya, by all means use it. I still maintain it isn't needed if proper feed practices are in place.
And I agree 1000% IF ppm`s are kept within "less is more" parameters us old heads have come to realize over the yrs usin base nutes only with all but NO additives.....but...

Folks gotta learn first hand Dbro.....and.....You of all folks gotta stand up and testify that almost EVERYONE overfeeds their bitches....and....in coco.......

That`s where "Dripclean" excels at keepin shit level and hoonin.....Not many folks got the balls ta do 600 ppm`s across the board start to finish like your dialed in ass .......regardless......

You da man.....but....Dripclean`s fer tha folks that haven`t figured out that "less is more" Bro.......so.....

That`s why I keep preachin it ta help folks till they DO figure out less is more.....

Peace....Freds.......:ying:.....

Mister_D

Veteran
And I agree 1000% IF ppm`s are kept within "less is more" parameters us old heads have come to realize over the yrs usin base nutes only with all but NO additives.....but...

Folks gotta learn first hand Dbro.....and.....You of all folks gotta stand up and testify that almost EVERYONE overfeeds their bitches....and....in coco.......

That`s where "Dripclean" excels at keepin shit level and hoonin.....Not many folks got the balls ta do 600 ppm`s across the board start to finish like your dialed in ass .......regardless......

You da man.....but....Dripclean`s fer tha folks that haven`t figured out that "less is more" Bro.......so.....

That`s why I keep preachin it ta help folks till they DO figure out less is more.....

Peace....Freds.......:ying:.....

Agreed. Though I have for the most part given up on trying to explain the concept to people, I do find it interesting it's much easier to talk most people into buying another bottle over just using less of what they already have. Like I said if it works for ya, by all means...... 0.8-1.2 EC veg through flower keeps my ladies healthy, happy, and build-up free. It all comes down to ratio and concentration. Nutrient companies have very successfully convinced the masses you need to shove tons of nutes up your plants ass or yield will suffer. Fact is, just the opposite is true. Now they have a saleable solution to a problem they created. Capitalism at it's finest bro. No arguments that it works, and many people benefit from it. Just that it's not needed with proper education.

bobblehead

Veteran
I dropped drip clean with no notable changes. EC and pH management are what matter.

I found that changing my nutrient profile has the most effect of the final product. Drip clean buds with a shorter flush don't compare to buds flushed longer with plain water. A long flush produces a better tasting bud... and so if you intend to keep the EC low to begin with, and give the plants a good flush... No need for the drip clean.

Mister_D

Veteran
I dropped drip clean with no notable changes. EC and pH management are what matter.

I found that changing my nutrient profile has the most effect of the final product. Drip clean buds with a shorter flush don't compare to buds flushed longer with plain water. A long flush produces a better tasting bud... and so if you intend to keep the EC low to begin with, and give the plants a good flush... No need for the drip clean.

Yes, ALL of this :biggrin: Less is more......

whatthe215

Veteran
good discussion guys.. i agree with all of it and am going to try dropping my ppms overall.

here it is post 650ppm watering

picture.php

5ml/gal floranova
4ml/gal calmag+
5ml/gal sm90
2ml/gal grotek silica
1ml/gal dripclean

having the reflectix right up against the plants is awesome. they grow perfectly for vert, don't need to 'hack out the backs' at all.

D

DHF

good discussion guys.. i agree with all of it and am going to try dropping my ppms overall.

here it is post 650ppm watering

View Image

5ml/gal floranova
4ml/gal calmag+
5ml/gal sm90
2ml/gal grotek silica
1ml/gal dripclean

having the reflectix right up against the plants is awesome. they grow perfectly for vert, don't need to 'hack out the backs' at all.
Gotta figure out howta cover them corners as well Bro , cuz lumens not reflected are lumens lost...bet on it.....now.....

Guys.....Who`s been preachin "less is more" forever and then some concerning EC and PH management ?........Never ran more than 750 ppm`s/1.5 EC the last 10 yrs I cropped..... with.....no dripclean , but upwards of 15% runoff to prevent salt buildup ftw back then cuz we didn`t have options......I mean....Where the fuck ya`ll think "DTW" coco came from.....anyways.......some get it.......most don`t...that said.....

99% of EVERY grower that sets up with coco DON`T get it NOR realize that every drop of each and every snake oil additives added to said juice adds ppm`s and will HAVETA be dealt with accordingly with ph adjusters/buffers sooner than later , and then.....

THAT`S why I`ve preached "Dripclean" to the masses for a guaranteed Harvey insurance policy cuz coco`s a fickle bitch and will store all kinds of residual juice if not dealt with accordingly , and that`s where the increased doseage of 1 ml per gal is DEFINITELY advised for the new kids on the block........and here`s why.....

Basic Lucas/ Rez/Head who the fuck ever`s recipe for coco or not takes no additives into consideration for total solution ppm`s and where ph will end up after all juice is mixed and homogenized.......and guys.......

How many growers ya`ll know that mix their shit and let it sit overnight or even a couple hrs , much less a week in advance to let shit buffer so TRUE ppm and ph levels can be determined before feeding plants.......again.....I rest my case......so.....

Every grower that employs Dripclean into their mix is just hedging their bets with coco , and it`s a good thingy in my book regardless ......and most importantly why.....

Not everyone`s been privy to info I`ve preached over and over here in Vert-ville when it gets lost in pages and pages of thread bandwidth due to the building of this category that gets more hits than any other sub-forum on this site except grow diaries......

WT......Respect.....Get ta work on them ovals.....

Peace....Freds.....:ying:....

Last edited:

whatthe215

Veteran
hey guys, sorry to say this setup has been broken down. having a garage to bring stuff into is pretty important when you're bout to blow the spot up with 24 lights.

i hope one day i can come back to this thread and do a multiple vert test room. i really want to experiment with stacked bulb vert SOGs.... but until then... pumping out as much quality weight as possible takes priority.

and feeding lower PPMs..... been working fine. i haven't broken 650 in weeks.... plants are happy as ever.

and everyone needs to get on the pondzyme bandwagon if they haven't already. amazing stuff.

Latest posts

Latest posts