What's new

5Lbs/1Kw Challenge-The Quest for 80 Zips with Galactic Grape

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They look great! I love the way this system just forces the plants to perform at a max level. You're giving them everything that they want and they have responded.

How long are you gonna be taking these again? I forgot.

You think this run might weigh a little more than last time?

Nice work AK! You're truly one of the best growers around!

R.Fortune

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Coca Cola Colas!

Red got me thinking, and the thought got me grinning, so please indulge me for a moment.

Peek a Boo!

Runts:

The Real Thing:

These girls are hungry and might just eat that puny 2 liter!

I'm guessing 4-5 more days on these.

-AK

DrFever

Veteran
Figured i post some pics where i am at :) 5 x 15 scrog with each 5x5 under 1k

Attachments

• DSCF2920.jpg
    DSCF2920.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF2921.jpg
    DSCF2921.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF2919.jpg
    DSCF2919.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 25

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Funny how just a page ago everyone was saying how the cola's all looked like runts and that there was probably something wrong. Nothing wrong with the look or size from what I can see, great job Aerokrafter!! :tiphat:

Hey Doc, I think you have some kind of deficiencies?? Those cola's look WAY SMALL!!!!:laughing::nanana:

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 76 - Last Day Standing!

Unit:

Bud Tip:

Last Drink:

Chopped!

The plants were begging for extra days - so here we are chopping at 76 days. There were still a few new flowers, but the trichomes are clouding and small necrotic spots on bud tips prompted me to pull out the axe. Each plant is on its own hanger so that we will have some numbers to play with.

The smell was super grape sweet with a touch of dank. The thing I find most impressive about these buds is that in spite of their size, the trichome coverage is quite thick. Galactic Grape is one of the most impressive big budded strains I've seen.

-----

I will begin writing findings and conclusions shortly. I intend to discuss results of the experiments, examine the numbers with light stats, and come up recommendations for future runs.

If there is something that you would like me to cover specifically, just toss it up in thread.

-----

Measurements

We will track one of the largest plants, the runt, and a bud from chop to finish. From these, you should get a good idea of the whole grow.

In the first run, I spent a lot of energy trying to prove my results. Course there is no proving anything, so I'm not going to bother with that. We will track those three things and I will share with you the overall results - the complete data set - and you can believe what you will.

-----

We have a long time to wait for these to finish. So lets have some fun and see who gets closest to final weight. (Price is Right Rules)

And don't forget to toss in any questions you have that you would like to see covered in my final report.

Thank you all for your help and attention throughout this process.

Let the fun begin!

-AK

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
great grow all around no matter the yield, great solid nugs brother!~

solid grow and great strain

kin_dawg

First in :woohoo:
I'm looking forward to hearing ALL those things AK^
Edit: wish I didn't have to do this but yeh second in.. Wa waaaa.

Looks very good ak.

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
So by my calculations, that first large yield will be close to 3oz, and the runt will be right around an oz. That single bud in the last set of pics is probably gonna be 22 grams.

my best guest is 45 OZ. total. eagerly awaiting results.

rbdf

genetic freaked

Veteran
Amazing AK!! My guess would be 4.25. But really who cares about the weight but the person setting the goal.
We are very lucky to have you here AK. Usually people with your skills just posts pics and there Nutes. You take it to a whole other level. Love learning and how easy it is to learn from your posts. Laid out to perfection.

medicalmj

Veteran
Amazing AK!! My guess would be 4.25. But really who cares about the weight but the person setting the goal.
We are very lucky to have you here AK. Usually people with your skills just posts pics and there Nutes. You take it to a whole other level. Love learning and how easy it is to learn from your posts. Laid out to perfection.

For sure a good grow and awfully kind of him/her to keep us informed, but 2 elbows is about where its at, given the nugs are as dense as they look. And that is a totally awesome pull from that footprint. Give me 2 lbs off a 1k in that space and be happy than shit every time! Anything more is just crazy...

aeroflow

This is my first post. Couldn't refrain from commenting on this grow after going through a number of your threads.
Comment: Holy Sh!#
Lots of great info and tips, Thanks for all the great info! Looking forward to the completion of this thread.

Latest posts

Latest posts