What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

5ft 3in x 10 ft x 8 ft Stadium Grow 1800-3400w

Dready_jake

jake ur jaw will drop when u get the rh at vpd levels and running about 80f. Id do whatever it took to get it there, its worth it. The high rh just gets a bad rap because people haven't planned well enough to have no high humidity pockets where pm can get a start. Hell u can get pm with 30% rh if u don't have good air flow or exchange.

Oh yeah! My sentiments exactly.
As I said 30% to 50% was the last round to this round improvement.(can't do Much better til I movemove/drafty apt)

But the results were already jaw dropping

Hello fellow humidity repper! Lol I post that chart ALLL the time and dispell the too much wind theory constantly. (Its low humidity. Not high wimd ;) )

DunHav`nFun

Just wanted to stop in and show respect......not postin much these days....

Gotta say Chunkypigs with everything not green covered in reflectix even the ceilings truly shows how the top rows can be above the bulbs as long as light is bouncing up , down , and all around the smaller grow area ftw....now...

VPD and proper air exchange are your friend in smaller rooms , and that`s where I learned to create perfect environment "outside the grow areas" in lung rooms and pump it in while suckin it out @ twice per minute with active intake and exhaust/scrubber combo`s.....lastly ....

I did 1.5 oz plants on 4 walls with 3 stacked 600`s with only couple weeks pre-veg , so might take a lil longer for 2 oz plants as long as the ones around , below and above don`t grow into each other and compete for light and environment....anyways....

Good luck....DHF.....

Edit:....Forgot to comment on the watts per sq ft thingy since it`s been me that preaches that shit bout 50 watts per , and I`ll be the first to admit I grew with 34 watts per sq ft for a solid decade and did well , but when I moved up to 50 per , the only strain/phenotype I had that was dialed to the tits changed from daylight to dark in resin production and overall nug density , not to mention far more flavor and terpene profiles coming out.....that said...

I agree with DJM in less wattage will work , but IME the higher wattage produced better end product across the board , so thoughts and things to ponder.....

Last edited:
appreciate the input the guys

Ran into an issue. The reflectix that was responsible for keeping the shelves on a slope compressed. So instead of the runoff draining off of the shelves and out of the room... some areas pooled and plants were sitting in their runoff. Looks like my ph got a little high on some, dealt with some low temps as well. Sounds bad and they no longer look picture perfect but their still growing and roots have nearly filled out their pots so I'll be able to get them back on track quickly(it didn't get that out of hand).

RH is too low with 4 lamps(even with the fogger). Temps sit at a steady 85 if I get them properly spaced and my circulation is on point. In an effort to make this work I'm going to veg the plants longer then I was planning and transplant into larger containers(I was wanting to leave them in those small pots and do 5-8 feeds a day - straight coco/drippers).

Transplanting them is also going to remedy my drainage issue. I have a big bag of perlite sitting around and 2 bags of coco so I was planning on filling the bottom 4 inches with perlite to ensure that the coco doesn't sit in it's runoff again(I replaced the reflectix with a 2x2 so it should be an issue).

So upset I stalled them I've decided to switch over to rockwool, I'm over the mess, transplanting woahs, and fungus gnats that come with coco.

Still need to top, prune, clone, transplant, flush out my irrigation, and set up the trellis. I'll take better pics once everything is ready for flower. Thanks for all the love guys

Haven't done shit.... Here are some pics

^ 21 days between these two pics... Could've been so much better

^my first herm? I topped that branch just to be safe

^i'll get on cloning and transplanting tomorrow. Probably hang the trellis as well(already have them cut to size, just need to sanitize 'em, and hang 'em).

I dropped the ball to say the least

Dready_jake

appreciate the input the guys

Ran into an issue. The reflectix that was responsible for keeping the shelves on a slope compressed. So instead of the runoff draining off of the shelves and out of the room... some areas pooled and plants were sitting in their runoff. Looks like my ph got a little high on some, dealt with some low temps as well. Sounds bad and they no longer look picture perfect but their still growing and roots have nearly filled out their pots so I'll be able to get them back on track quickly(it didn't get that out of hand).

RH is too low with 4 lamps(even with the fogger). Temps sit at a steady 85 if I get them properly spaced and my circulation is on point. In an effort to make this work I'm going to veg the plants longer then I was planning and transplant into larger containers(I was wanting to leave them in those small pots and do 5-8 feeds a day - straight coco/drippers).
so why don't you? Transplanting into a larger container in coco isn't typically necessar . And if you have a drainage issue transplanting won't fix it. Cuz then you'll have a block in then middle with poor drainage and good drainage around it. leading to a dry original root ball or rot issues. Could go either way.
Transplanting them is also going to remedy my drainage issue. I have a big bag of perlite sitting around and 2 bags of coco so I was planning on filling the bottom 4 inches with perlite to ensure that the coco doesn't sit in it's runoff again(I replaced the reflectix with a 2x2 so it should be an issue).

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=56401&pictureid=1456456&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=56401&pictureid=1456457&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

So upset I stalled them I've decided to switch over to rockwool, I'm over the mess, transplanting woahs, and fungus gnats that come with coco.
wow that sucks but its not "coco". It's THAT coco. And what transplanting woes? Mine never stall...
Still need to top, prune, clone, transplant, flush out my irrigation, and set up the trellis. I'll take better pics once everything is ready for flower. Thanks for all the love guys

My notes in green abaove↑

Last edited:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I bet what you thought was PH issues was the roots dying back from them sitting in the run off. The plant will try to balance the roots with the leaves.

You could install egg crate used in drop in light fixtures in your channels. this will give your plants about a half inch above the bottom of the trough. If you want more height than that place a u shaped pvc pipe in the bottom with the egg crate above it.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I use a couple of 1x1 pieces of wood or pipe down the bottom of my troughs so the run off can run off without bothering the rest of the plants.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Took the plants out to transplant

^all being lit by 3 600's(6 plants/2 more rows not in the pic).... If I hit my number I could see myself doing quite a few of these 10ft rooms

Transplanted into straight hydroton.... Still have 6 more to do(waiting on the hydro store - ran out of hydroton)

^excuse the eye sore(sour strawberry) in the aisle

^ gorilla glue and mendo breath ready to give 16 cuts

^black lime reserve.... I thought she was going to be stretchy after reading she tastes like gasoline soaked lemon drops and takes 70-75 days. She's looking and growing like a bubba/LA Affie though. Regardless I'm excited to say the least

^trellis/flower support prototype

packerfan79

Veteran
Nice. I am about to start a 7.5 x 10ft stadium with 4k and about 100 plants. Hoping to get close to a gram per wat with a 7 to 10 day veg. I have gotten .82 watts in a different vert grow. I had half the plants. That grow. Good luck with the next round