What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

54 acre marijuana bust in Fresno County

Guard towers? They were asking for it...freaking guard towers? That sort of stuff just attracts attention but damn these guys should've known better. And for a bust to happen 2 years in a row, the owner must've known. Did he somehow forget?

I hate prohibition :/

Cheerful

Doing some math in my head, 54 acres would be about 2 miles long and two miles wide.

huligun, your post made me curious... I ended up finding a neat site, www.onlineconversion.com, and found that 54 acres = 0.084375 sq mi = 2352240 sf, which also = 7840.8' x 200 yd (2 football fields long, thank God no more lockout!!)

or 3920.4' x 400 yds, or 5280' (1 mile) x 445.5' (abt 1.5 football fields long.)

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
hmm, so confusing it seems...

an acre is roughly 209' x 209'.

56 acres would be 7 acres x 8 acres. the length and width of that would be 1463' x 1672'

a mile = 5280', the 54 acres would only cover about 1/4 mile x 1/3 mile...

still large enough to stick out like a sore thumb

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
Why did the reporter mention at the end that the grow might be legal under cali law ?

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The guys first name is Goon :)

There doesn't seem any way this would not get busted. Guard towers, huge fence, etc......

This doesn't even seem like something you could pull off in the sticks. Let alone near a city like Fresno. As I watch the video, all I can think, is these guys were tripping. Did they think it would just blend in with all the other farms in the area. That nobody would notice.

For the record. Central Americans tend to grow in national forest land. Asians tend to grow on private property owned by other Asians. Just from what I've seen and read. You don't hear about too many Central Americans getting busted running huge indoor spots, but it happens with Asians regularly. It's because they know other Asians who own
buildings, while the Central Americans do not. The same goes for farm
land.

Having grown up in the Fresno/Madera area all I can say is their are some dumb ass mother f*ckers their! I remember a guerrilla grow I did in 78 with only TWO plants way up in the foothills around Oakhurst........I was freaking out the whole grow, getting up at midnight 3-4 times a week taking a 2 hour roundtrip ride to water, just to get back before my dad woke up......for some bag seed skunk weed I had. BUT I had friends and money for about 4 months and partied like a rock star, or as much as I could do at 17 and still living at home.:dance013:

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
If we ever want to stop our dependence on foreign plant material....
They have the right idea. Less time and effort to growing in Cali than smuggling it three pounds at a time on the back of a boarder jumper.
Shit what am I talking about. They carry slot kore than three packs....

Why did the reporter mention at the end that the grow might be legal under cali law ?

Outdoor is banned in Fresno now last I heard. Big story with a patient growing monsters across the street from a public area. Someone goes to rip him and he pops them.

nvthis

Maybe half the local fuzz were on their payroll? ever thought of that? Maybe some do-gooder dropped a time to the Feds?

Maybe?? Maybe. Maybe whoever was runnin' this show had rocks in their head. All "maybes" aside, this was just plain stupid and the outcome was equally inevitable... Save the local fuzz on the payroll bit for the movie theatres, and who cares how the feds found out? None of that makes a bit of difference, not one single iota. These people lived in a utopia that only existed in their own sorry minds.. I call this one the double 'DUH!' moment of 2011

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Having grown up in the Fresno/Madera area all I can say is their are some dumb ass mother f*ckers their! I remember a guerrilla grow I did in 78 with only TWO plants way up in the foothills around Oakhurst........I was freaking out the whole grow, getting up at midnight 3-4 times a week taking a 2 hour roundtrip ride to water, just to get back before my dad woke up......for some bag seed skunk weed I had. BUT I had friends and money for about 4 months and partied like a rock star, or as much as I could do at 17 and still living at home.:dance013:

^^^ Hell yea Mega...I like hearing stories like that....

RUDEBOI

Wait... So a 50 acre residential grow is a bad idea?

No, what's a bad idea is growing on the same plot of land that was busted less than a year previously!!!!LOL Everybody keeps assuming its the same group of people, I HIGHLY DOUBT IT!!! More than likely the new group were oblivious somehow to the sordid past of the property. Something a lil google search probably could have told them! OOPS!!!

O

OGvenom

lol ballsy. must be a mexican related operation.

doing it out in the open like that is just so dumb. but then to get busted and do it again a year later in the same place? screams mexicans.

how do you know there mexican,let me guess every brown person is mexican to you LMAO

P

pineolene

saw this one on the news. good times. lol, glad im not in fresno. 54 acres? really? cmon d-bags, nice try. they pulled a lepp but not as cool. (too soon? he's still in prison)

and 5 bucks says it was mexicans. this is mexicali mayn.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
It was asians...

Mexicans don't leave a trail of paperwork by renting a place to grow, they would rather just do it on govt land or native american land where its free.

Thank you for keeping the market in check this year Fresno Sheriffs...

Lawladash

Just amazing to see how daring/stupid these people were. Be they Hispanic or Asian or any other ethnicity, it's stuff like this that contributes to the bad name that sweet innocent Mary Jane has today.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
$2 M piece of property and the guy didn't have a clue? c'mon man, that shit don't float.

thats the beauty of our criminal system...they gotta prove he was aware! if the owner had text messages about harvests..drug cash...and more evidence of drug sales at his personal residence they might try to seize the land..

but until then hes in the clear!

funniest part is how the fat piggies got sick after cutting down the field haha...serves them right!

sum420

why is everyone trying to guess these guys ethnicities? one thing that is for sure, these guys are complete idiots. last guerrilla grow, i had 6 plants growing, 2 mile trek into deep heavy forests in the adriondacs upstate ny. i was so paranoid thinking that the police helicopter would find them it literally kept me from sleeping at nite....

to grow 50 acres, i cant even imagine the level of stupidity necessary to be able to sleep at night. it sounds like these are the type of guys where if u accidently (or not) stumble onto their grow they would take u out back and put a bullet in ur head just to be safe.

Latest posts

Latest posts