What's new

5000 barrels a day of oil (210,000 gallons) leak off the coast of Louisiana

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is pretty much what i have been seeing on youtube as well. dont know how this will play out, but if it's anything like the above, ya, time to move inland a bit. like to canada!

rabid

Ah...Flying Goat...where do I start? After reading your near-incomprehensible rants and ridiculous cut 'n' pastes I strongly recommend you get a new tinfoil hat made of industrial-strength aluminum.

And regarding your "work in the oil & gas industry" and your assertion that you "know what is happening "downhole" ??? What exactly was your job description? Please do tell...

Alex Jones, Sorcha Faal, David Icke et al are nothing more than fear-mongering, sensation-seeking media whores with nothing logical, sane or factual to dispense to their moronic fans.

I don't doubt your disappointment with T Boone because he's the only voice of reason in your sad little world and his sage & learned opinions contradict your warped rationale.

Flying Goat (and anyone else) please--before making another post--visit a site where logic and fact prevail and has contributions from professional engineers, scientists & informed laypersons alike and the discussions deal with realistic scenarios:
http://www.theoildrum.com

But, sadly, a non-delusional exercise such as that would upset your personal agenda...

:muahaha:

E

elmanito

Flying Goat (and anyone else) please--before making another post--visit a site where logic and fact prevail and has contributions from professional engineers, scientists & informed laypersons alike and the discussions deal with realistic scenarios: [/COLOR]http://www.theoildrum.com

But, sadly, a non-delusional exercise such as that would upset your personal agenda...

:muahaha:

Well dude, Flying Goat has not given any info which was onrealistic.An environmental toxicologist was yesterday on the Dutch TV and told the same case scenario.BP has done a lot of damage by using the dispersant Corexit 9500.You can say goodbye to your fish, shrimp, crab etc for a long long time.

In Europe they have far more experience with oil spills than the US and i had to laugh yesterday when was told that 600 tiny boats was used for clean up operations.They were even using table spoons to get the oil out of the water.

Obama administration reacted in the same way as the Bush administration during the time with Katrina.The damage which is now down to the wetlands in several states a long the Gulf Coast wasn't necessary if the Obama administration reacted fast to the help offered by countries like Holland and Norway.

Who is running the website www.theoildrum.com since i miss info from geologists.

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

rabid

Saludos elmanito...I'm not getting into a pissin' contest with you (or anyone else for that matter)--especially since I appreciate and respect your contributions to the DJ, ACE Seeds and Landrace forums (among others).

But have you actually read all the nonsensical mierda that Flying Goat has posted? Example: 'all the cleanup workers from the Exxon Valdez spill are now dead from spill-related illnesses'. WTF? That's just one of many absurdities I can recall. And it appears she believes these statements because they come from sites like www.prisonplanet.com. 'Nuff said.

Perdon compadre, but I'm exhausted from reading all the crap posted by various wingnuts, pinheads, doomsdayers, alarmists & others such as Flying Goat.

I don't really know who runs the oildrum site but you'll find geologists, petroleum engineers, academics and other professionals discussing the BP debacle in detail there. It's not a place for conspiracy theorists, flat-Earther's and Bermuda Triangle purists...

Tarde amigo :wave:

E

elmanito

Buenos dias to you :wave:

I don't even want to start a pissing contest either, just a normal discussion.Strange thing about this disaster is that BP did not use the same safety issues as they have to use in the North Sea in Europe and that is a shame for an European company.The safety issues in Europe are extremely strict and this kind of disaster would not have been happened if they used the same safety issues, but it is all about money and the lack of good control of the US government like with the food safety issues.

Mother Nature has a natural clean up by using of oil eating micro-organisms which is unfortunately badly affected by using the dispersant Corexit 9500.This dispersant is also not allowed for use in the North Sea if something might happen with an oil spill.

We have to see and wait what will happen beneath the sea floor of the Gulf.

Perhaps some coincidence or not, who knows :D

picture.php

picture.php

rabid

Hola elmanito--I'm by no means a BP apologist and agree 100% with your view regarding their complete and utter lack of responsibility. Likewise their use of Corexit when other, safer dispersants were/are available. I also blame the MMS as much as BP for their total lack of oversight. I'm as angry as everyone else with what they've done to the GOM (I sometimes work there--oilfield diving) :cuss:

Gotta love those crazy crop-circlers. Not only are they creative but psychic also. I doubt they'll be recreating the PB logo again anytime soon :tongue:

Buena suerte hermano

PS I love what you're doing with that Madura Rojo...

Tua-vita-facies

Gotta love those crazy crop-circlers. Not only are they creative but psychic also. I doubt they'll be recreating the PB logo again anytime soon :tongue:

yea those crazy crop circlers with electromagnetic heat guns altering the dna and nodal length in complex symmetrical patterns spanning 500-700ft in width, gotta love em !!

O btw, explain the UFO over china the other day :wave:

http://abcnews.go.com/International/ufo-china-closes-airport-prompts-investigation/story?id=11159531

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
Ah...Flying Goat...where do I start? After reading your near-incomprehensible rants and ridiculous cut 'n' pastes I strongly recommend you get a new tinfoil hat made of industrial-strength aluminum.

And regarding your "work in the oil & gas industry" and your assertion that you "know what is happening "downhole" ??? What exactly was your job description? Please do tell...

Alex Jones, Sorcha Faal, David Icke et al are nothing more than fear-mongering, sensation-seeking media whores with nothing logical, sane or factual to dispense to their moronic fans.

Dude, it's obvious that she is frightened, why not try some civility?

rabid

I understand that she's frightened-many of us are-but that doesn't justify frightening others who might be as delusional as she is. With each post she sounds more disconnected.

Yesterday, after viewing a youtube vid, she expressed dismay because she was convinced her former idol-T. Boone Pickens-had just joined "British Petroleum". Hello? Pickens is CIO of BP Capital Management, a hedge fund that he formed in 1996.

http://www.hedgetracker.com/fund/BP-Capital-Management

Which has absolutely no connection whatsoever to British Petroleum. BP=Boone Pickens, geddit? Now that's a hella stretch under any circumstance.

I sincerely hope she gets a firmer grip soon because she's fast becoming the poster child for hysteria & irrationality. The saddest part is others could very well believe her...

E

elmanito

Buena suerte hermano

PS I love what you're doing with that Madura Rojo...

Gracias for the compliments.

Some crop circles are man-made but most aren't according to an uncle of a friend of mine who's investigating those crop circles in England.

picture.php

picture.php

rabid

Buenos elmanito--that's an interesting diagram you posted. Looks like sperm cells swimming up the Fallopian tubes to me. But I'm a bit worried because it shows an explosion on July 23rd and that's my birthday. Guess I'll just start partying tomorrow and be ready to go BANG on Friday :)

On a more serious note:

I had a look at your 'Hoist the colors' thread. Lo que es un proyecto ambicioso--estoy impresionada. Check your PMs in an hour or so, I want to ask about the Sea Crop...

Mas tarde mi amigo :wave:

bodymind

Veteran
rabid, thanks for your voice of reason, even if it is harshly calling out flying goat. many people who are suffering from paranoid delusions at the hand of these fear-mongering websites are already unbalanced and disconnected in their lives. i am amazed and saddened at some peoples paranoia. they seem as out of control as the gushing well-head.

this oil spill is VERY close to home for me, i am cautious but hopeful. the dispersants are terrible, but 4 million gallons (the number they are claiming to have used) is not very much in the grand scheme of things.

nature will metabolize this stuff and bring balance back to this area and to the earth. let's learn from this, make some changes in our own lives that will invariably bring about the change we wish to see in the world, and create some positive vibrations to carry us through these times!

E

elmanito

Mother Nature will survive but we will disappear if we continue like we do now and not learning of the mistakes.Some will say that the oil spill is the beginning of the 2012 apocalypse, which is not.Actually there will be no 2012 apocalypse as Hollywood want us to believe.

People has the ability to forget very fast.20 years ago there was the Exxon Valdez disaster for Alaska.Today they still have to deal with consequences of that disaster not only Mother Nature, but also the people who lives there.

The oil spill in the Gulf is much bigger than the Exxon Valdez disaster, so you can't say at this moment what the consequences will be for this area.This oil spill is a lesson for us and when we aren't learning from this, well you can say goodbye to humanity.

The fish, shrimp, crab etc will be inedible for a long time and the more food resources you will pollute the less you can eat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7cylfQtkDg&feature=related

we have absolutely got to stop bp from drilling anything, anywhere. i've been trying to think of how to do this for weeks. and can't come up with anything short of blowing shit up, going to jail, etc etc. i have written at least 75 emails to congress and not a serious reply from anywhere. about 15 to pres o'bummer and nothing back either. many to the dept of interior. time to try the edf, nature conservancy, greenpeace, and see what kind of law suits they might be starting to stop bp. this is a world class debacle of epic proportions. bp are criminals.

the "raining oil" vids on youtube are FAKE btw. we do NOT need this kind of bullshit spreading around out there as it corrupts our ability to engage in any kind of valid argument. same goes for the "russian reports". unvalidated. although some of it might be true, too many "un-named sources" which can NOT be trusted.

Flying Goat

Rabid - No worries, mate!

I'm just a delusional old lady who grew up following her dad & big brothers around on the rigs in Pampa, Texas... Borger, Texas... Phillips, Texas... (which isn't there anymore).... What the FUCK would I know...???

Later, I went to work for various & sundry oil companies, including Mesa Petroleum, in Amarillo, Texas. I was a member of the Desk & Derrick Club, you fuckwit. You learn things when you work in the industry.

No worries. I no longer have time for this thread or this site, for that matter.

You will not have to worry about Flying Goat any longer, Rabid. I'll fucking keep my mouth shut from now on.

I have always sought to bring peace between members of this site who have been in conflict. Everyone knows that. I am not an alarmist.

Hope you get to be on a deep dive when the methane blast occurs, Rabid. Shooting hot bubbles up yer ass should be just what would tickle you pink...

I'm getting out not because I worry about the oil, but the dispersants & toxic rain from the Corexit... I have livestock & my food & family to worry about. We are tied to the Gulf because my husband works in a shipyard.

If we wake up one day in Colorado & find out the whole thing was just a hoax, so be it. Call me crazy, but I'll be alive to hear you say it.

For the rest of you, if you have my personal Email, you have my contact #s... I don't have time for computer anymore anyway...

I'm outta here... Pat yerself on the fucking back, Rabid... G'head.

Flying Goat

Check out what the ex-employee has to say:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=l77_vlM6kFk

C'mon, Rabid - let's here you call the "common man" a liar & alarmist...

www.examiner.com/x-10438-Human-Rights-Examiner~y2010m6d15-Gulf-residents-gassed-Fl-prepares-evacuation

That one is a 4-part series, citing many environmentalists, geologists, & industry experts whose views weren't censored & prepared for the American sheeple...

Wayne Madsen, from Inside the Beltway, is telling people to "get a gameplan now." I suppose he's a no-nothing nitwit as well... :D

Those of you who want to know can do your own digging... Check out Fault Lines at al Jazeerah, RussiaToday, & believe the common man who quit working after he got sick of BP's attitude toward the dead wildlife. I have that video interview somewhere & I will find it... BTW - he DOES mention he was cleaning up at Fort Morgan & when he got there, the job was removal of dead fish & sharks, on the beach... He also describes being told NOT to clean up puddles, to ignore them & cover them up with sand from higher on the beach...

I found it! The link is: www.examiner.com/x-10438-Human-Righ...s-Much-worse-than-people-think-Seize-BP-video

Anyone out there think that guy looks like a raving loony?

Cheers, all... Have a nice day!

rabid

Later, I went to work for various & sundry oil companies, including Mesa Petroleum, in Amarillo, Texas. I was a member of the Desk & Derrick Club, you fuckwit. You learn things when you work in the industry.

I was never invited to join the Desk & Derrick Club. I started in the North Sea in 1976--back when the British government was still letting Yanks work there. Maybe they (D & D Club) don't want old oilfield trash like me (after all, I'm a fuckwit). If I quit "the industry" today would you be my sponsor?

You will not have to worry about Flying Goat any longer, Rabid. I'll fucking keep my mouth shut from now on.

I am worried about you or I wouldn't bother responding. It took you 83 minutes to break your word.

I'm outta here... Pat yerself on the fucking back, Rabid... G'head.

I truly wish there was something I could say to alleviate your fears and remove your paranoia. Maybe read some more rational sources of information for a start. Did you even look at the site I mentioned?

I'm tired of trying to help (educate) you. I give up. You win.

Hope you get to be on a deep dive when the methane blast occurs, Rabid. Shooting hot bubbles up yer ass should be just what would tickle you pink...

I've been trying to retire for three years now but when and if I'm in the GoM again I'll be sure to warn my crew about the giant methane bubbles. Who knows, they're so kinky they might even like the sensation? I'm too old to get wet anymore, but thanks for the well-wishes all the same :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts