What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

5 x 13w LED's to keep plants in veg during 12/12 photoperiod?

Finepointcanon

Veteran
Hi ghuys, I'm in the tropics and I have some hybrids that I'm ready to sprout. I'm in a financial bind, and the house I'm renting has 8 13w leds and one 30w led that are super bright, they act like a flood light in my opinion.

My idea is to veg the plants outdoors, and bring them inside under the leds mounted in a board in the evening.

I think my questions is this: Would the fluctuation of intensity from the sun to the leds cause any stress or weird growth? If it's a little weird that's ok.

Thanks all <3

Ca++

Are you saying the LED is to lengthen the day, as outside they would flower?
If so, you just need to wake them in the night. Don't have hours of continuous darkness.
One term is 'night break lighting' but there are other description of this act. It's common in commercial greenhouses

Finepointcanon

Veteran
Yep that's it. I'm in an 11/13 or 12/12 photoperiod and they would start flowering right away. I want to get them bigger and take cuts before that happens. My friend smuggled these seeds from America in his shorts lol. I have a Thai bagseed that's been outside for 3+ months and is only now stacking up to flower properly so for the Thais it's not an issue. They'll get 2 meters +++ before really putting any flowers on

Thanks, I'm looking for the simplest way to do it while keeping them healthy, basically scavenging everything I can from the lean-to behind the house
Are you saying the LED is to lengthen the day, as outside they would flower?
If so, you just need to wake them in the night. Don't have hours of continuous darkness.
One term is 'night break lighting' but there are other description of this act. It's common in commercial greenhouses

Latest posts

Latest posts