What's new

5 Greatest Guitarist?

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Trey Anastasio would be on my five.

you know i had trey in the forefront of my mind and then smoked some weed and went back to my childhood

i remember how fucking badly i missed hearing them play during hiatus and not knowing would i ever get to hear him play like that live again

G

Guest 88950

Ben Harper........future great imo and some songs are played on a lap guitar w/ a textured slide to get different sounds.....'God Fearing Man' has a sick example of this in the middle of the song.

someotherguy

Veteran
What about Les Paul? Without Les we'd probably have never heard of the rest of these guys.

...and while not really my cup of tea, Chet Atkins could pick a mean guitar!

SOG

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Great players!!! You guys sure can pick 'em! Here are mine-

Jimi Hendrix
Eric Clapton
BB King
Roy Clark
Doc Watson

C

CascadeFarmer

Gregg Allman?
Yeah him. Was at least gonna add him to the list. I like Trower too. Saw him back in '79 in a small theatre in Connecticut on mescaline :)

Did anyone mention Pete Townsend? Saw the Who a few times and thought he was kind of OK...lol. Lots of great guitarists out there but I'd have to say:

Hendrix
Clapton
Vaughn
Paige

As the top 4 for me in no particular order. 5 is a tough one to pick out of who's left.

Ickis

Veteran
Ted Nugent sucks ass. He is a turncoat sellout who should never be mentioned on a pot smoking site.

He had that long hair, made all his money while he was obviously smoking weed and now that he has kids, is the mighty gay hunter he speaks out against pot like he never did it or never would. FUCK TED NUGENT!!!!

As far as skills go who can really say but I wouldn't sleep on Rick Derringer if a guitar contest broke out.

And I would also like to put Johnny Cash on the list. Mostly because nobody was cooler handling a guitar than Johnny Cash.

But all in all you guys got things covered.

But please remember TED NUGENT IS THE ENEMY of all of us here.

skunktoker

My favorite 5 of all time had to leave many off
1. Eddie van halen
2. Eric-Clapton
3. Jimmy-Page
4. Duane-Allman
5. Ted-Nugent 5. Randy-Rhodes

Had to add randy rhodes ..........................ST

H

h^2 O

Ted Nugent sucks ass. He is a turncoat sellout who should never be mentioned on a pot smoking site.

He had that long hair, made all his money while he was obviously smoking weed and now that he has kids, is the mighty gay hunter he speaks out against pot like he never did it or never would. FUCK TED NUGENT!!!!

As far as skills go who can really say but I wouldn't sleep on Rick Derringer if a guitar contest broke out.

And I would also like to put Johnny Cash on the list. Mostly because nobody was cooler handling a guitar than Johnny Cash.

But all in all you guys got things covered.

But please remember TED NUGENT IS THE ENEMY of all of us here.

Ted Nugent is a sell out piece of shit. You see him on real world or cribs or whatever? Lives in NH and just hunts shit with a bow and arrow on an ATV. He has 2 good songs IMO, Stranglehold and Cat Scratch Fever. That is IT.

--------------------

I'm really surprised nobody else is mentioning Robert Johnson...without Robert Johnson there would be no Eric Clapton, no Cream, no Jimmy Paige, no Zeppelin....jesus.

sso

Veteran
dunno, dont listen to music that much anymore, just occasionally.

listened alot when i was younger though.

the only guitar melody that i can recall without hesitation (nothing else comes to mind now)

is that line from smoke on the water.

who played that? (i have horrible difficulty with names, was it paige?)