What's new

4x4 Tent V-Scrog HPS/LED, AK48, Plush Berry

jimmyd42

They are in the flower cycle as of today

J7UJ90p.png

UjTJoX8.png

Greencure worked very well, but it burned all the newer leaves and did wreck quite some havoc. The PM is gone for now though.

There is some problem with white slime in the reservoir. H2O2 and SM-90 seem to do nothing about it. Will try enzyme-based pond cleaner.

Last edited:

jimmyd42

It's shopping time! I love shopping

zP911qW.png

DO NOT BUY THIS, get this instead http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000OVCI2S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EasyCare FounTec Algaecide and Clarifier

Replaces products like hygrozyme or cannazyme for literally pennies. This should replace H2O2/Chlorine and SM-90

PcHsB12.png

Secura Electric Coffee and Spice Grinder with Stainless-Steel Blades Removable Bowl

A new spice grinder. The old electric grinder is made of plastic and I really dislike to combine that with resin. This one comes with 2 steel bowls, so you can easily scrape and clean them as well as use another bowl for your kitchen needs (coffee/herbs). The old one looks nasty after a year and can't be cleaned properly.

fpi6qw4.png

Ambient Weather WS-10 Wireless Indoor/Outdoor 8-Channel Thermo-Hygrometer with Three Remote Sensors

I wish this was available as Wifi product, but a display works just as well. 3 receivers means u can monitor your growroom, the drying room/curing process as well as the weather or whatever you would like to monitor. The only model i found that displays all of them at once.

Last edited:

jimmyd42

On track with the girls Jimmy? :)

Actually it is not going very well. The PM is becoming a bigger issue and def. won't go away with any of the fungicides. The greencure has burned tons of leaves, so the plants look miserable right now.

The spores don't stay around for longer than 21 days, so there might be a break after this grow before the next one.
I think the problem is simply that the climate conditions were not right for a few days and the PM managed to sneak in.

Might try Mandala #1 next time, its a PM resistant strain.

jimmyd42

Small update, we just passed week 3 and are flying high.... I scored a very nice purple trainwreck at my new favourite store in tacoma, its called Canapa. Highly recommended.

Powdery Mildew continues

Anyway, still fighting the PM, it's anything but under control. I realize, that once this stuff breaks out, you kinda have to go a whole different route. I have considered throwing all plants out, as at this point it is not going to get better. It is still very tolerable, but it's clear that the situation is not going to improve.

I am currently using Greencure and Actinovate, which keep the PM under control, but don't kill it. And damn, with every round of fungicide spray, there is more of that PM around!

They also got a heavy trim to have less shady, humid spots and more light in between the buds.

Will try to finish this round and next year, clones that go into the tent will get a one time eagle20 dip. This stuff is from hell, so I will have to apply it outdoor and dip them into a 5 gal bucket. That should take care of any PM in the tent next spring. The spores are fine for 21 days as long as they aren't going into winter hibernation. So in theory, if the tent is free of PM for 21 days or longer, PM should not come back.

I will try that approach to clean my environment from PM, even if eagle20 is anything but ideal, its highly toxic.

Gray Slime Algae

Oh, how I hate this stuff!!! I think the gray slime algae that i had (unaware of) over 9 months in different containers like watering cans, water reservoirs and so on really hurt my plants.
The problem really just became very present when i started air bubbling my reservoirs and big blobs of algare started forming.

If you use water reservoirs of any kind, make sure no algae can grow in it. I am using a pond cleaner

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000OVCI2S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This stuff keeps the water clean!

A lot of people on this forum use teas but I prefer a finished, cheap product.

Anyway, here are some pictures

V7v7oHs.png

j4AVQ6T.jpg

jimmyd42

Quick picture update

The Ak48 look like crap again. they seem to be super sensitive to fertilizing mishaps and that's what I am obviously best at.

I am going to throw out the AK48 strain, it can be nice but it seems too difficult to grow for me. I can't really recommend Nirvana Seeds anymore.

the plushberries look nice:

m9Cjuzv.png

VPnv6AP.png

gEdAqtf.png

Sorry to hear about your troubles in that run. I had the same issue a few runs ago. I upgraded my exhaust from180com to a 440 it fixed my problem. I try to vacuum outside my tent to keep the incoming air as clean as it could be.

Latest posts

Latest posts